Have you ever wanted more of something, but you were afraid you will never get it?

Guest _Shallan_

Guest _Shallan_

That's me right now with The Emperors Soul.  These characters and this story was way too good to just be one short story like this.  I love it and hate it for this reason.  Like it's almost depressing not knowing if I will see them again, Especially the main character.

We will see Shai again

Questioner

Are we ever gonna hear from Shai again?

Brandon Sanderson

You have not seen the last. I may not do another complete story about her, but she will at least make appearances. And I do have another story plotted.

Skyward Atlanta signing (Nov. 17, 2018)

Questioner

Also, The Emperor's Soul, will we see Shai in future books?

Brandon Sanderson

You will see Shai in future books. *applause* I came up with a really good idea for a sequel for her, also. I don't know if and when I can write it, but there's a really solid idea I have for one, so, we'll see. But she'll make appearances, she is around.

ICon 2019 (Oct. 15, 2019)

Another Shai story, plus appearances in the Elantris sequels. It has also been confirmed that Shai will successfully hunt down the Fool (Hoid) and become a Worldhopper.

Till then, you could enjoy this deleted scene (if you haven't already read it):

https://www.brandonsanderson.com/the-emperors-soul-deleted-prologue-imperial-fool/

• 1 month later...