Aether of night reactions

I have recently started reading Aether of night, and I have decided to make a thread with my reactions and predictions. Please only post spoilers that go up to chapter eighteen.

Reactions as of Chapter 6:

Aether is a very cool magic system.

I like the family element in the story.

Predictions as of Chapter 6:

Raeth's dad knew about the shadow attack beforehand, that's why he told Raeth he was proud of him.

Darro killed Hern.

The Aethers are split into two groups, each connected to a different one of the twins.

The shadow attack was caused by one of the twins breaking out.

Edited by Nameless
1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Predictions as of Chapter 6:

Raeth's dad knew about the shadow attack beforehand, that's why he told Raeth he was proud of him.

Darro killed Hern.

The Aethers are split into two groups, each connected to a different one of the twins.

The shadow attack was caused by one of the twins breaking out.

Not bad.

There's some truth in your predictions. I won't say what though:D

What do you think of D'naa?

She was my favorite for most of the book.

A fierce woman with a powerful Aether bond that shouldn't have been.

Love it!

Edited by Eternal Khol
1 hour ago, Eternal Khol said:

What do you think of D'naa?

She was my favorite for most of the book.

A fierce woman with a powerful Aether bond that shouldn't have been.

I like her, I do hope that Raeth gets to marry her somehow, although that's looking less and less likely. Maybe he'll step down after the forgotten are dealt with?

Well, I finished it. dang it, I was so sure that Raeth's dad knew the whole time. The ending felt a little deus ex machina, especially with the way Darro had everything planned out, but I'm glad it had a happy ending. Too bad about the cliffhanger though.

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

Really? I didn't like D'na, she was annoying, especially in the second half. I didn't like Raeth much either.

Some of your prediction(s) are spot on, Llstml

That's why I said only part of the book^_^

She was so annoying in the second half ROFL

She never gave Raeth/Hern a chance.

She assumed he was a jerk so she hated on him before she even had a chance to see who he really was

Ironically, my knowledge of the rest of the Cosmere (Mistborn) kept  me from figuring out that the night aether could teleport the user. As soon as they said it was the opposite, I thought oh, he can teleport himself. Then when they tested teleporting other people, I assumed that they would have come to the same conclusion as me, and I assumed that they were testing whether or not he could teleport himself. <_<

Edited by Nameless
  • 1 month later...
On 4/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, Nameless said:

Ironically, my knowledge of the rest of the Cosmere (Mistborn) kept  me from figuring out that the night aether could teleport the user. As soon as they said it was the opposite, I thought oh, he can teleport himself. Then when they tested teleporting other people, I assumed that they would have come to the same conclusion as me, and I assumed that they were testing whether or not he could teleport himself. <_<

What are you trying to say here?

10 hours ago, R J said:

What are you trying to say here?

With the whole Mistborn push/pull interal/external thing, I immediately assumed that light aether can teleport others, while dark aether can teleport you. and then when they tested whether or not you could teleport others with it, I assumed they were testing whether or not he could teleport himself.

5 minutes ago, Nameless said:

With the whole Mistborn push/pull interal/external thing, I immediately assumed that light aether can teleport others, while dark aether can teleport you. and then when they tested whether or not you could teleport others with it, I assumed they were testing whether or not he could teleport himself.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, Nameless said:

But then you did figure it out