Favorite Non-Cosmere Sanderson Character

Honestly, I think it's Alcatraz. He has such a distinctive tone and he's a great example of a person that's not the nicest guy ever but still makes it easy to sympathize with him. Stephen Leeds probably deserves a mention as well.

I'm gonna go deep-cut here and say Jori/Radriar from Infinity Blade.

5376724480_b366309ed9_z.jpg

The game designers created the initial character in the video game (the "God King" shown above), but Brandon created the backstory and told it in his novellas.

I don't think the novellas will make a lot of sense if you haven't played the game, and I'm pretty sure the game is no longer available, which is a shame - the actual storyline was wonderful. And where else could you equip your character with a "helmet" that's a turkey head (below)? There was also a Santa-head helmet, a Jack-o-Lantern helmet, and armor that was made of cardboard boxes. A great action/adventure game with fun elements too!:D

infinity-blade-3-turkey-helm.jpg

On 4/8/2020 at 2:43 PM, old aggie said:

I don't think the novellas will make a lot of sense if you haven't played the game, and I'm pretty sure the game is no longer available, which is a shame - the actual storyline was wonderful. And where else could you equip your character with a "helmet" that's a turkey head (below)? There was also a Santa-head helmet, a Jack-o-Lantern helmet, and armor that was made of cardboard boxes. A great action/adventure game with fun elements too!:D

All three of them are still available on the app store. 

9 hours ago, Nameless said:

All three of them are still available on the app store. 

Wow - that's great news! The developers must have updated them - I'm pretty sure that they were unavailable for a while, & people were complaining about it on some Reddit feeds. Both the gameplay and the storylines are really worthwhile, and Brandon's 2 novellas provide a link between IB1 and IB2, and between IB2 and IB3. Lots of the armor reminds me of Shardplate.:)

• 6 months later...