What Taravangian did was evil, prove me wrong

16 hours ago, Adonalsium'sSpren said:

What Taravangian did was evil, prove me wrong. Just try!

well, the entire concept of evil is just a human construct that can be interpreted by the person themselves.

So, I can prove you wrong in quite a simple way: by my definition, he isn't

by his definition though, he probably is

which is in fact one thing in his favor, that at least he realizes the actions he are taking are wrong, even if they're for a cause

12 hours ago, Arcc1002 said:

So, I can prove you wrong in quite a simple way: by my definition, he isn't

by his definition though, he probably is

which is in fact one thing in his favor, that at least he realizes the actions he are taking are wrong, even if they're for a cause

I do not doubt that the intentions of the Mr. T who made the diagram were good but.... 

when we say that Mr. T scrutinises himself and calls himself evil etc. etc.; we should keep in mind that this Mr. T is the dumb T who has no intelligence but only compassion. Of course he regrets his actions and feel remorse. But this Mr. T, the compassionate one, is not the one who is leading the Diagram. He is not deciding their course of action. He is at best a reluctant follower of the Evil More than average intellect lacks compassion mr. T. 
That Is the Mr. T that Adrotagia and the diagram follows and that is the T who is absolutely evil, by his actions and intent. 

Just like modern justice systems, I put a lot of stock in what people's motivations are.

If you drive at someone in your car with the intent to kill them, and you succeed, then you're committing murder.  If your foot slips onto the accelerator instead of the brake and you accidentally run someone over then it is not murder.

Taravangian's ultimate goal is to save the world.  All the things he does, things that individually appear evil, he does because he believes that not doing them will doom the world.

I usually define evil as doing things for your own benefit, without regard for other people's wants or needs.  Taravangian is doing the opposite of this.  He's doing it for the benefit of the world.  He's doing it, even though it causes him great personal grief on his high empathy/low intelligence days.

So, maybe he was wrong about what needs to be done to save the world, that might make his actions evil.  Taravangian himself is not evil.

Edited by Snorkel