"Passive" effects of being an Elantrian

Hi all,

I’m currently going through all Cosmere-books as audio-books for the first time (however, read all of them multiple times). Currently, I’m at Elantris, and I just had a thought (maybe it was discussed already, but I didn’t find it by myself).

So, AonDor, the Elantrian magic, is heavily location-depandant. The further away they get from Elantris, the weaker they get. We don’t know, if Galadon as seen on Roshar, had any acces to the door, and I think I’ve read that the Ire in Scadrials Cognitive Realm somehow “pumped” the Dor there.

But what about the “passive” effects of being an Elantrian, so their abilities where they don’t have to draw an Aon?

They are ageless, heal quick, survive wounds, are super strong and fast. However, they are constantly fueled and renewed by the door (as described on Coppermind).

So, if they move away from Elantris, do they lose this aspects as well, which makes them almost normal humans again?

And during the Reod, would an Elantrian be able to travel away from Elantris, and his Elantrian “abilities” (rather disabilities during the Reod) would be lost, meaning he would start to heal his wounds, need food again and all? If yes, of course the question would be how far away he’d had to get, maybe any place on Sel isn’t far enough and he’d have to get of planet.

The agelessness is demonstrably there, even with the Reod Elantrians. That's part and parcel of becoming an Elantrian/AonDor user, part of their Spiritual Aspect.

The Ire are also quite old, though it is possible that the glowing drink they are having is fully or partly responsible for that, it could be liquid Investiture from the Dor, maybe the immortality requires Investiture as fuel.

Edited by Dreamer

5 hours ago, Karger said:

To be 100% honest we don't know what would happen to an Elantrain who was put on Taldain without going through the Dor. 

Taldain's sun provides the investiture for Sand Mastery, right? That makes me wonder if an Elantrian would basically have to sunbathe for a while to keep their abilities fueled properly. :P

5 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Taldain's sun provides the investiture for Sand Mastery, right? That makes me wonder if an Elantrian would basically have to sunbathe for a while to keep their abilities fueled properly. :P

Elantrains need the Dor to fuel their abilities.  Converting investiture is possible but it can't just be done.

2 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

This gives me images of a super pale Elantrian with one of those sun bathing metal plates and getting burned in the process.