Ask Nameless anything

NameIess

12 minutes ago, Retrac said:

If you had to choose between world peace or a cure for cancer and most other diseases, what would you pick and why.

I would choose the cure for cancer and most other diseases, because simply ending all wars won't stop dictators and despots from oppressing their people. Sometimes war is necessary.

11 hours ago, AonEne said:

Would you seal yourself to the Oathpact and do the job of a Herald if you had to? 

By definition, if I had to, then I would have to. Therefore I would.

11 hours ago, AonEne said:

Do you have any pets? 

Nope.

12 hours ago, Nameless said:

By definition, if I had to, then I would have to. Therefore I would. 

Sorry, I phrased that badly then :P if it was an option, and they asked you to, would you? 

13 hours ago, -Felurian- said:

WIll Brandon Sanderson fully complete his Stormlight Archive series before Patrick Rothfuss finishes the Final KingKiller Chronicle book?

Probably not.

12 hours ago, AonEne said:

Sorry, I phrased that badly then :P if it was an option, and they asked you to, would you? 

No. I don't think I would like being tortured for eternity.

Guest _Shallan_

^I'm not sure I understand your answer, and that may be my fault for not wording my question right.

What I should have asked "is it possible Brandon Sanderson will Finish the rest of the stormlight series, before slow chull Rothfuss can even finish one book?

Edit:  We aren't allowed to curse here...?  That... Interesting I guess. I mean, I only used a "biblical Swear" as Brandon Sanderson himself has called them when he includes them in his books.

Edited by -Felurian-

32 minutes ago, -Felurian- said:

^I'm not sure I understand your answer, and that may be my fault for not wording my question right.

What I should have asked "is it possible Brandon Sanderson will Finish the rest of the stormlight series, before slow chull Rothfuss can even finish one book?

Edit:  We aren't allowed to curse here...?  That... Interesting I guess. I mean, I only used a "biblical Swear" as Brandon Sanderson himself has called them when he includes them in his books.

Probably not. Brandon will probably take 20 years to finish the Stormlight series, and Patrick only has one book left.

4 hours ago, -Felurian- said:

I mean, I only used a "biblical Swear" as Brandon Sanderson himself has called them when he includes them in his books.

That one isn’t really Biblical, especially not unless it’s referring to a donkey (and if you ever need to, you can just say donkey...:P). The Shard is a family-friendly site. 

Guest _Shallan_
15 minutes ago, AonEne said:

That one isn’t really Biblical, especially not unless it’s referring to a donkey (and if you ever need to, you can just say donkey...:P). The Shard is a family-friendly site. 

I was quoting Sanderson himself because he mentioned that there were people out there that had a problem with him having cursing in his books, even though he only ever uses damnation, hell, chull, ect.  It's just a bit strange to me that every other forum I belong to lets it's users say whatever they motherstorming want, but here I can't.  I will just have to get used to it I guess.  storming rust on a stick.

13 minutes ago, -Felurian- said:

I was quoting Sanderson himself because he mentioned that there were people out there that had a problem with him having cursing in his books, even though he only ever uses damnation, hell, chull, ect.  It's just a bit strange to me that every other forum I belong to lets it's users say whatever they motherstorming want, but here I can't.  I will just have to get used to it I guess.  storming rust on a stick.

I do know that he said that, just pointing out that the word chull replaces doesn’t really fall into that category, at least to my knowledge. I don’t remember him ever using it often, maybe once or twice? I could be wrong. But yeah, we try to keep to Brandon’s standards here. 

20 hours ago, -Felurian- said:

Hehehe, filters are the best

To get this thread back in topic, @Nameless,

What’s your favorite season? Day of the year?

Given the chance, would you go skydiving? Bungee jumping? Hang gliding?

Do you like board games? If so, which is your favorite?

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

What’s your favorite season? Day of the year?

Fall. December 25.

Given the chance, would you go skydiving? Bungee jumping? Hang gliding?

No, no, and probably not.

Do you like board games? If so, which is your favorite?

Yes. Either Risk, Settlers of Catan, or Memoir 44.