Ardents in the cognitive realm

Ascended

In WoK in I8 titled Geranid Ashir muses about food in the cognitive realm and states he will have to research if any visitors had eaten in the cognitive realm. Now this could be taken as historically bit what if the ardents i.e. soulcasters visit frequently? What could they be doing what are the implications?

2 hours ago, Ascended said:

In WoK in I8 titled Geranid Ashir muses about food in the cognitive realm and states he will have to research if any visitors had eaten in the cognitive realm. Now this could be taken as historically bit what if the ardents i.e. soulcasters visit frequently? What could they be doing what are the implications?

Cultivation's Perpendicularities are fairly stable.  I imagine that ardents would learn about them given how much information passes through them.

Two things:

1) his exact words were "I wonder if they eat in the Cognitive Realm. Is a food there what it sees itself as being? I’ll have to read and see if anyone has ever eaten while visiting Shadesmar." which implies to me that he's talking about historic travel and not current visitors.

2) Soulcasting will let you peer into Shadesmar, and sort of coexist in both, but as far as I understand it that doesnt transfer you into the Realm in the full physical way that Perpendicularities and/or Elsecalling do, so supplying for your physical needs like Food shouldnt become an issue. I think it's more that they thin the boundary between the realms when they Soulcast (based on how it got so much easier for Jasnah during the Unity fight).   

• Chaos locked this topic