Hello Everyone

Vambram

The very first time I was aware of Brandon Sanderson and his books was after he was selected by Robert Jordan's wife to finish The Wheel of Time. I picked up Mistborn: The Final Empire and thoroughly enjoyed that book a lot. After I finished the rest of the first Mistborn trilogy, I knew that The Wheel of Time was in good hands. After reading The Gathering Storm, the next fantasy book I read was Elantris. I liked it and thought it was alright. But to me, it just wasn't up to Brandon's standards of excellence I read in the Mistborn trilogy. However, being that Elantris was his first published book, then that means Brandon was getting a lot better with his books after Elantris. 

I finally got around to buying the first three books of the Stormlight Archive receiving them from Amazon around the middle of January, 2020. I am ranking WoK, WoR, and OB as three of the best new novels I've read in the last five years. When I finished Oathbringer just about a week ago, I was really really wishing that Rhythms of War was only a month away from being published. Instead, I will re-read what I've got now, continue my readings online in the Coppermind, and try to patiently wait like everyone else here.  

Welcome! I remember having the same reaction after I read Elantris, which was after I had read Mistborn eras 1 and 2, the Reckoners, The Rithmatist, and Warbreaker. The fact that Sanderson continually works on improving his craft is one of the main reasons he is one of my favorite authors. I strongly admire lifelong learners. I listen to him on Writing Excuses talking about the mistakes he made in his early books and what he has learned, and all I can think is how absolutely incredible his career will continue to be if he never stops improving. 

• 2 weeks later...