Long Game 64: Choose Your Own Sanderson Adventure!

Well, that's not good news. As I said, I really think we should be taking a look at the inactive/lurking players. Also, an update on the probable distribution:

x1 Smedry

x2 Knights

x5 Librarians

If the Smedry chose randomly, they'd have a 2/7 chance of getting a Knight.

Possible distributions for N5 start: (Knights will have conversion)

1K, 5L (Smedry kills Knight, lynch on Smedry)

1S, 5L (Smedry kills Knight, lynch on Knight)

1S, 1K, 4L (Smedry kills Knight, lynch on Librarian)

2K, 4L (Smedry kills Librarian, lynch on Smedry)

1S, 1K, 4L (Smedry kills Librarian, lynch on Knight): 

1S, 2K, 3L (Smedry kills Librarian, lynch on Librarian)

2 hours ago, Straw said:

Well, that's not good news. As I said, I really think we should be taking a look at the inactive/lurking players. Also, an update on the probable distribution:

x1 Smedry

x2 Knights

x5 Librarians

If the Smedry chose randomly, they'd have a 2/7 chance of getting a Knight.

Possible distributions for N5 start: (Knights will have conversion)

1K, 5L (Smedry kills Knight, lynch on Smedry)

1S, 5L (Smedry kills Knight, lynch on Knight)

1S, 1K, 4L (Smedry kills Knight, lynch on Librarian)

2K, 4L (Smedry kills Librarian, lynch on Smedry)

1S, 1K, 4L (Smedry kills Librarian, lynch on Knight): 

1S, 2K, 3L (Smedry kills Librarian, lynch on Librarian)

If there is another Knight. It is possible Ironfire never made a conversion, which may have contributed to going inactive. I agree, if there is another Knight, they should be the primary target, but we shouldn't discount killing someone just because we think they may be a Smedry rather than a Knight.

Anyone with a roleblock, now is the time to be free with using it. There aren't many useful village abilities, other than roleblocks in play, but the right target could stop a conversion or kill, buying us a little more time.

I keep rolling back and forth over the idea that there might not be a crystal night left at all, since Ironfire died because of the PM rule, which likely had something to do with activity, they may not have converted anybody. It is probably more dangerous to assume they don't exist than to assume they do and be wrong. I feel as though the Smedry would be taking out their biggest threats, which is why they might have killed Fifth so soon. Which brings me to the question of why Straw is alive, since they are more active and therefore more dangerous than Kynedath.

Another piece rubbing me the wrong way right now is Sart's vote on Coda, they put that post up around ten minutes before the cycle ended, which isn't much time for coda, or anybody else to have put in a last minute vote changing Coda's lynch to a jailing. 

4 minutes ago, Zillah said:

Another piece rubbing me the wrong way right now is Sart's vote on Coda, they put that post up around ten minutes before the cycle ended, which isn't much time for coda, or anybody else to have put in a last minute vote changing Coda's lynch to a jailing.

I agree with Sart's choice. Now is not the time to be jailing people and losing the opportunity to learn their role/alignment, so a last-minute vote to guarantee a lynch over a jail was a good thing.

6 hours ago, Elandera said:

If there is another Knight. It is possible Ironfire never made a conversion, which may have contributed to going inactive. I agree, if there is another Knight, they should be the primary target, but we shouldn't discount killing someone just because we think they may be a Smedry rather than a Knight.

Anyone with a roleblock, now is the time to be free with using it. There aren't many useful village abilities, other than roleblocks in play, but the right target could stop a conversion or kill, buying us a little more time.

First of all, we don't know if Ironfire was converted or was the converter. Also, Ironfire was around on N1, so he could have converted someone if he was a Knight. His activity only dropped off after N2.

LG64: Day 5 - Intrusions

Hello, all you nice folks! I hear you’re the ones responsible for all this disturbance lately. I rather disapprove, all things considered. The White House is a national treasure, not a playground for bizarre antics. I would say that at this rate, you’d be on the way to an international incident, but oh look! You’ve already caused one. 

Your ‘Xino’ is but the latest instance of these troubles! If I am not mistaken - and I am very rarely mistaken - then this is the fourth death in the White House this very day. Such a thing has not been seen since I had the honor of holding the Presidency. 

But I ought not to speak ill of the dead, I suppose. He was not a hero, for heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion. But he died well nonetheless. May his soul rest in peace. 

As for the rest of you? Good riddance and good day to you. 

This... xinoehp, was it? Honestly, names these days... Apparently I have to inform you that he’s a librarian, criminal, and ‘anonymous contact’. That’s a spy, presumably, why wouldn’t you just say so? 

Regardless. Go on, send your petty messages and do whatever you’re doing. I am but a humble haunting, I possess not the power to prevent you. But do get on with it, for this place is far too aflutter with your antics.

Nice Folks Who Caused an International Incident

1. Experience - Shard (like a....shard of glass?)
  2. Straw - Straw (why would one wish to be known by the name of the utensil through which one drinks liquids?)
  3. Kidpen - Arthur Smedry
  4. A Joe in the Bush - Porona Candemic Librarian Jail-breaker Criminal. This is a criminal.
  5. Coda - Coda Librarian Oculator the only "oculator" I am aware of is a type of beetle, but that cannot possibly be correct
  6. Striker - Striker Librarian Therapist
  7. Kynedath - Bartholomew Prescot Librarian Trouble Magnet
  8. Elandera - Rainier (A potentially troublesome volcano, to be sure)
  9. Zillah - Zillah
  10. xinoehp512 - xinoehp Librarian Criminal and Anonymous Contact Probable Spy
  11. Ironfire - Liability (I dearly hope this is not your given name, for any parent naming a child this is questionable at best) Crystal Knight Gossiper with an Airplane Spoon odd toy?
  12. Sart - Sart
  13. Elkanah - Karen Crystal Knight Silimatic (I am fairly sure you made this word up. This is not English) Engineer
  14. Fifth Scholar - Sergey Karjakin (A right good fellow, I do say), Russian ambassador and secret adviser to the Secretary of Defense (how much of a secret is it really, if it's right here?) Librarian Transporter Professional Driver
  15. The God King - The God King (I see your parents were setting the bar quite high for your life) Librarian Curator
  16. Shqueeves - Shqueeves (is this some strange, modern onomatopoeia I am unfamiliar with?)
Edited by Calvin Coolidge

We're down to seven, with at least one Smedry and one or two Knights (the latter assuming two at the start, with successful conversions N1 and N3). 

If the paper tosser can help us narrow down who isn't the Smedry (based on who has been blocked when successful kills go through), we can focus on the Knights right now. 

Experience - Possible Knight. Has been mostly going with the flow on lunches. Doubtful Smedry. Would also have been a decent conversion target for the lack of attention.

Straw - Probably not a Knight. I'm not sure as to his village/Smedry alignment, but I'm not down with a lynch here.

Kidpen - A possible Knight convert. Had suggested going after the less active players, but happens to be one of them. Actually, most players fit in that category at the moment, tbh.

Zillah - Unsure, but I lean full village at this point.

Sart - Same as Kidpen, though a slightly more village lean. 

Shqueeves - Same as Kidpen. 

This leads me to Experience. Sorry it's not much to defend against. Though now that I think about it, some of your claims last cycle did feel a bit off, like you may have accidentally revealed stuff you learned in a doc.

I believe that Coda is a Knight. I do think that I would be a target to become a Knight, but I am a transporter. On night 3, I transported myself with coda, so if the knights tried to convert me, it would have hit coda. Also, I said that I knew there was another occulator. I am that occulator, which is why I knew for sure that I am. I have transported every night with someone, which is one reason that I haven't been killed by a Smedry, because I feel like they would have tried to kill me. 

6 minutes ago, Experience said:

I believe that Coda is a Knight. I do think that I would be a target to become a Knight, but I am a transporter. On night 3, I transported myself with coda, so if the knights tried to convert me, it would have hit coda. Also, I said that I knew there was another occulator. I am that occulator, which is why I knew for sure that I am. I have transported every night with someone, which is one reason that I haven't been killed by a Smedry, because I feel like they would have tried to kill me. 

Coda is dead and was a Librarian Oculator. Are you claiming Transporter Oculator?

I am sorry about the confusion earlier. I guess I am more tired then I thought.

I am actually stumped on who the Smedry and knights might be. I have a slight suspicion that Straw might be a Knight. Earlier in the game, they were saying how they thought players who were less active were likely to be targets of the knights, and now they are lynching one of the people who talk the most. @Straw I am wondering why the change? They are the person that has seemed to change the most to me. So Straw. Also @Elandera what were the claims that you felt were off? 

1 minute ago, Elandera said:

It was regarding the claims of knowing oculators and how you specifically knew Coda was one. 

I knew that I was one, and I was told Coda was in a PM. I can see how that looks like it could have been through a doc though. 

38 minutes ago, Experience said:

I am sorry about the confusion earlier. I guess I am more tired then I thought.

I am actually stumped on who the Smedry and knights might be. I have a slight suspicion that Straw might be a Knight. Earlier in the game, they were saying how they thought players who were less active were likely to be targets of the knights, and now they are lynching one of the people who talk the most. @Straw I am wondering why the change? They are the person that has seemed to change the most to me. So Straw. Also @Elandera what were the claims that you felt were off? 

I thought that if I was a Knight, I would target lurkers. I was just encouraging people to take a closer look at people like Ironfire. However, I felt like your statements on D4 were odd and felt like an elim slipping. 

2 hours ago, Elandera said:

It was regarding the claims of knowing oculators and how you specifically knew Coda was one. 

Honestly, I think the claim is legitimate. If Experience was a Crystal Knight, the claim would be totally pointless. Coda already had three votes on them. There was no need to volunteer that information, since the train had already left the station. I especially doubt that, as a Crystal Knight, he would deliberately link himself with one of his teammates. This whole lynch feels like the Crystal Knights just taking the easy route.

I still think it's Straw. They've been focusing way more on hypothetical scenarios the last few rounds, and something still feels off.

36 minutes ago, Sart said:

Honestly, I think the claim is legitimate. If Experience was a Crystal Knight, the claim would be totally pointless. Coda already had three votes on them. There was no need to volunteer that information, since the train had already left the station. I especially doubt that, as a Crystal Knight, he would deliberately link himself with one of his teammates. This whole lynch feels like the Crystal Knights just taking the easy route.

Coda was village, though, so Experience wouldn't be linking himself with a teammate.

1 hour ago, Sart said:

I still think it's Straw. They've been focusing way more on hypothetical scenarios the last few rounds, and something still feels off.

I've been posting hypothetical situations because no one else was doing it. With this many players left, knowing how many people there are/will be in each faction helps us quite a bit. If I was a Knight or Smedry, I wouldn't be posting that stuff in the thread.

I'd also appreciate something more concrete than "feels off". You've repeatedly accused me of being a Knight while not really giving me anything I could argue against, which I find pretty annoying.

7 hours ago, Straw said:

@Shqueeves @Zillah @Kidpen do any of you have anything to say?

Experience. I think Experience seems like a pretty reasonable lynch. Plus I want to prevent a hammer. Also I'm sorry for such low activity.

I do feel the need to say that Elandera's posts have kind of been itching at me, but I don't know why. I would be very open to a lynch on her next day. I'll try to look through her posts and determine if there's more to it than just my gut.

26 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Experience. I think Experience seems like a pretty reasonable lynch. Plus I want to prevent a hammer. Also I'm sorry for such low activity.

I do feel the need to say that Elandera's posts have kind of been itching at me, but I don't know why. I would be very open to a lynch on her next day. I'll try to look through her posts and determine if there's more to it than just my gut.

Well, the lynch on Straw is going nowhere. I've also been harboring some suspicions on Elandera, so I'm changing my vote to him.

I talked with Sart, and if someone else changes their vote to Elandera, I'll vote on her.

This post in particular made me wary of her:

If the Smedry dies, we're in a lot of trouble. They have just as much of an interest in destroying the Knights, and if they die we'll only be able to use the lynch, which is troublesome considering how close the Knights are to parity.