Long Game 64: Choose Your Own Sanderson Adventure!

9 minutes ago, Sart said:

This leads me to a corollary point. I suspect that the Smedry is killing people outside of their PM group. It's harder to suspect people you have a PM with, so they may be intentionally leaving people they are chatting with alive. Plus, if they have a role outside of Smedry, that gives them targets for that role. In that vein, it might be prudent to reveal if you had a PM with a dead player. In my mind, that would lower your chance of being a Smedry.

As I have said before, I had a PM with Fifth, who is now dead. This PM was one of the two that I started with.

HASASAANUUIXWGDJWVOQXJOBZRLUJTSRSCCFPLDJOQIKXPZJHAEXMCAQAPADBPRCGMXDJBSRKHEKGCVLSIZRLZZWMVPFBPANSRKHTTOCWQLBNQGFEKTFALDRJAMKHCVXCGIXADUBWMEXKRSRKHKPULVNVXSAWOIOIAHBZWMVPFBPANSRKHHAYGSFEQJBYNMKUSLZNDKRMVPFBPANLXPLDFVLZCTRSRHAWBYNMKUSLZJUWAGFKQFESUSRKHJGYCXWAQANHRXDBQKPQILZXXCWPCCJRBFBPFQCEXMPJJMMSFQILZFIMXCSWUWEKCSRKH

Did anyone end up decoding this message from Coda?

I'll put a vote on StrikerEZ for now. I'm not a fan of their opposition to a D1 lynch. They also had this to say about the lynch on Elkanah:

Well...this is certainly interesting. I’m not really a fan of this lynch. Hasn’t Elkanah previously expressed their desire to not have a lynch on D1? All of their votes have been put on people in such a way as to make sure there won’t actually be a lynch. And the vote on Elandera clearly looks like a joke vote to me. Yet, it seems 3-4 people voted on them after Elkanah’s explanation? I dunno, it just seems like a bunch of panic over nothing. I guess we’ll find out whether it was worth it or not in a bit.

That code was just an emergency last will and testament, when it looked like I was going to get lynched. Some details about my trusts, suspicions, etc. I trust Joe, distrust TGK, etc. Of course, I was proven wrong about TGK, but the rest of it stands.

Some parts of this message have been removed in order to not expose living people.

thisisanemergencylastwillandtestamentincaseeverythinggoeshorriblywrongstopjoeisalibrarianeitherjailbreakerorcriminalstopthegodkingclaimstobealibrarianbutidonottrustthatclaimstopbewareoftgkstoptrustjoestopgoodjobforcrackingthiscodestophaveacookiestop

Or in plain text: This is an emergency last will and testament in case everything goes horribly wrong. <removed> Joe is a librarian either jailbreaker or criminal. <removed> The God King claims to be a librarian but I do not trust that claim. Beware of TGK. Trust Joe. <removed> Good job for cracking this code. Have a cookie.

24 minutes ago, Coda said:

That code was just an emergency last will and testament, when it looked like I was going to get lynched. Some details about my trusts, suspicions, etc. I trust Joe, distrust TGK, etc. Of course, I was proven wrong about TGK, but the rest of it stands.

What type of code was it?

After about 7 a.m. PST, I'm going to be unavailable for at least 24 hours. I don't think I'll be in an area with cell reception.

I'm going to leave my vote on Coda. I have some relative trust for Striker at the moment, and Coda seems to be more hesitant about being involved in actual game-related discussion than they have in the past, which is probably the source of my gut read. 

I think I’m going to vote for Coda. I don’t really have any suspicions on anyone else and I don’t quite want to die myself before I can get the motivation to get back into this game and try and figure things out.

Whenever I'm a lynch target, I have no idea how to defend myself. I didn't really do anything yet, so there's nothing to prove my innocence. I would like to believe that there's nothing really proving my guilt as of yet, but in SE, it's guilty until proven innocent. If anyone wants to hack my code, it's a Hill cipher. Sadly, if I wish to prolong my life, I must vote for Striker as you are the only other person with 2 votes. If the thread undergoes spontaneous resurrection and more people vote, my vote will probably change.

23 hours ago, Sart said:

I'm curious as to the contents of this anonymous PM. What exactly about it indicated that God King was lying? Since we now know God King was telling the truth, I find it odd that anyone would like to try and implicate him further. The rules also state the Anonymous Contact could send a message to up to two players. Since that's the case, I would be curious if someone else also received the same anonymous message. Also, Zillah never followed up on this post with player analysis. Zillah until you contribute more, my vote is on you.

Yeah, I didn't follow up on that, and I am really sorry for that. Unfortunately all of the global chaos had some impacts on my personal life that led to me being mostly unable to actually finish contributing. The anonymous message indicated that the sender was in contact with someone who had a PM with God King, and believed they were lying about having one with Elkanah.

One of the biggest things I think we have to watch out for right now I think is changes in play style between cycles, as there is a chance people are getting converted still. Obviously that might not help us find the rouge Smedry, but it is a lead and its primarily what I'm going to be using. I will take Day Two with a grain of salt though, as it felt really sombre with the unfortunate circumstances that were occurring. 

Xinoehp: They seem to have been lying quite low this game, posting their typical role analysis D1 and kind of disappearing afterwards. Their last post is the beginning of D2, with only a vote on TGK, @xinoehp512,how's it going? Any thoughts thus far?

Straw: Doing lots of decoding as well as their post on game statistics, which is pretty benificial and useful, however also a pretty good way to contribute without causing a stir and drawing too much suspicion. 

Coda: My gut read on them says evil, but I'm not entirely sure why. I know I might get attacked for this, but I'm placing my vote on them for now. It is sill pretty early in the game, so there still isn't a crazy amount to go off of. 

Vote Count:S
Coda (3): Elandera, StrikerEZ, Zillah
StrikerEZ (3): Experience, Straw, Coda
Zillah (1): Sart

I have to decide this, don't I? A lynch is better than a jailing, due to the alignment reveal. For Coda, we have a gut read, a self-defense vote, and another gut read. For Striker, we have two votes due to not supporting a lynch Day 1, and a self-defense vote. I've decided to vote on StrikerEZ. I like voting more on logic than on gut reads, although I can acknowledge the usefulness of the latter.

Also, @Kidpen is lurking. Care to join the thread?

Oh heck I haven't posted yet today.

23 minutes ago, Sart said:

Vote Count:S
Coda (3): Elandera, StrikerEZ, Zillah
StrikerEZ (3): Experience, Straw, Coda
Zillah (1): Sart

I have to decide this, don't I? A lynch is better than a jailing, due to the alignment reveal. For Coda, we have a gut read, a self-defense vote, and another gut read. For Striker, we have two votes due to not supporting a lynch Day 1, and a self-defense vote. I've decided to vote on StrikerEZ. I like voting more on logic than on gut reads, although I can acknowledge the usefulness of the latter.

Also, @Kidpen is lurking. Care to join the thread?

I demand a lynch, and am almost indifferent as to who gets it between those two, so StrikerEZ.

LG64: Night 3 - Boredom Kills

We'll try to get a writeup in for this turn (and last turn), but for now....

Screenshot_20200408-221045.png

Ironfire died of boredom! They were a Crystal Knight Gossiper with an Airplane Spoon.
Striker was lynched! He was a Librarian Therapist!

Vote Count
Striker (4
): Coda, Experience, Kidpen, Sart, Straw
Coda (3): Elandera, Striker, Zillah

Night 3 has begun and will end in ~23 hours, on the 8th of April at 6pm PDT. 

Player List

1. Experience - Shard
  2. Straw - Straw
  3. Kidpen - Arthur Smedry
  4. A Joe in the Bush - Porona Candemic Librarian Jail-breaker
  5. Coda - ?
  6. Striker - Striker Librarian Therapist
  7. Kynedath - Bartholomew Prescot
  8. Elandera - Rainier
  9. Zillah - ?
  10. xinoehp512 - ?
  11. Ironfire - Liability Crystal Knight Gossiper with an Airplane Spoon
  12. Sart - ?
  13. Elkanah - Karen Crystal Knight Silimatic Engineer
  14. Fifth Scholar - Sergey Karjakin, Russian ambassador and secret adviser to the Secretary of Defense Librarian Transporter
  15. The God King - The God King Librarian Curator
  16. Shqueeves - ?

So, we probably have one more Knight to deal with, and they will convert this cycle. Ironfire was around on N1, so they could have converted if they were one of the starting two knights.

EDIT:

This means that the current lineup probably looks like this:

1x Smedry

1x Knight

8x Librarians

Tomorrow (assuming no Trouble Magnet kill), it'll look like this:

1x Smedry

1-2x Knights

6-7x Librarians

Edited by Straw

7 minutes ago, Straw said:

So, we probably have one more Knight to deal with, and they will convert this cycle. Ironfire was around on N1, so they could have converted if they were one of the starting two knights.

I feel like we're dealing with a hydra. Cut down one head, and two more emerge. I'm hoping that the Smedry ends up hitting a Crystal Knight, otherwise a third of the town will be evil.

I'm going to assume that the Shattered Lens person is either the Smedry (if they can have a role), the remaining Knight, non-existent, or inactive. Them being an active villager wouldn't make sense, since it would have been optimal (in my opinion), to use it on N1, thus buying the village a cycle to possibly eliminate the Knights completely and also forcing the Knights to always convert one cycle later than they would have.

@little wilson / @Elbereth does Crystal Knight Gossiper with an Airplane Spoon mean that they were targeted with an Airplane Spoon, or does it mean that they had two roles?

Okay, here's my analysis of Ironfire's posts:

D1:

Liability leaned against a pillar in the White House, waiting for the tour to be over. His friends had dragged him here to tour "the historic pace" and then had disappeared for "more important matters". Besides, the tour was boring, and there was really not much to do. The guards were closing the doors for some reason, and people were complaining. It seemed that they would be stuck here for even longer than normal. He sighed, and pulled out his phone, intending to start snapping pictures of the tour group with him, to be identified later. As he did, his phone suddenly (insert Smedry talent defense here). Surprised, he looked at the people again. A Smedry was in the group... He straightened. This was about to get interesting.

What are the alignment specific roles that the Therapist cannot alter? Also, can the Gossipper make PMs with people that they do not have a direct PM with?

Edit: also, I got the first two coded messages, but I can't figure out the ones after that, so could someone reveal the key or something at the end of the day.

The_God_King or Coda, do you guys mind telling us the key to your code if you are going to stop using them and claim that the information is "no use to any of you"?

Edit: also, how do I ping? Because sometimes the menu shows up, and sometimes it does not.

Wow, ok, I wasn't surprised by Caesar, but vigenere? Did anyone do a hill cipher yet, I want to see someone decode that.

So do Joe and Coda have a PM?

Might as well say that for anyone who doesn't want to read all that codebreaking.

Wait, so I'm a little confused about the Therapist.

If an Oculator is switched with another role, would the Oculator action not occur (because they would lose the ability before getting to their priority point)?

Also, is more PMs better than less PMs? So should we try to make as many PMs as possible, in both day and night, or should we restrict our PMs?

During D1, Ironfire pretty much just talked about codes, and asked for clarifications. He didn't really get involved in any of the discussion going on.

N1:

Liability stared. There was a Crystal Knight involved with this? A Smedry, and a Crystin... What was going on? Liability had watched from the corner in amusement, watching the tour members grow ever more suspicious of each other, and apparently one had known that there were Free Kingdomers among them. He started. Could they all be Librarians? Now that would be interesting. It was nice to know that he had allies. Hopefully this could all be over, and he could get back before they started involving him in their schemes. He was very hopeful, as he had purposefully been assigned in the Free Kingdoms to avoid those very schemes.

So, does it seem that the game would be balanced with only one Crystin? Figuring out if there was only one Crystin at the beginning of the game would be very helpful.

This doesn't really indicate anything.

D2:

I would think that The_God_King is acting as he would if he was a villager: he is frustrated that he is being accused while knowing himself as a villager. Eliminators would be cool and levelheaded, to try and deflect votes off of themselves. Then again, this might be a ploy... /shrug.

Also, can someone lend me some decisiveness so I can decide on who to vote? Thank you!

By the way, I had a PM with fifth, but I was not transported, if anyone was wondering.

Personally, I think that the knights would convert as early as possible to get closer to parity. Also, yes, I think there is a second knight, because a single knight and a single Smedry in 16 people is a little too unfair to the Free Kingdomers.

Ironfire kind of defended TGK and speculated on how eliminators would behave. I suspect that this was probably to make himself look better once TGK was lynched.

N2:

Doesn't the press release say that "they may have found the person responsible", indicating that people had already known that the ambassador was dead? It doesn't see like there's anything precognitive about that...?

NAI. Ironfire missed my joke.

Overall, there isn't really any information we can gain from Ironfire's past posts. If he was converted, his behavior didn't really change much.

Back a little earlier than expected.

Based on Straw's review, Ironfire likely forgot about the PM requirement rather than failing from inactivity. That makes me wonder about the possibility of a teammate, since a teammate should help remind them. This suggests either a less active Knight, or the Knights are totally gone.

I'll try to do more once I'm no longer on mobile.