Cosmere Characters in Quarantine

Renarin Kholin

Given the current covid-19 pandemic, I would like to raise the question: how would your favorite Cosmere characters do in quarantine? I'll go first.

Kaladin would hate it. We see in WoR how he reacts to being in jail. He would get depressed so quickly. Maybe less so if he is quarantined with Bridge Four, but overall I think he would do poorly in quarantine.

Lightsong, on the other hand, would love it! No human contact means he wouldn't have to listen to any petitions. He could be as lazy and useless as he wanted. Of course, he would need to break quarantine to get his weekly Breath, or else he wouldn't last very long.

Lift would not keep quarantine.

Elend would enjoy tracking and dealing with the disease in the most efficient way possible but at the same time be heartbroken over the suffering.

Rock on the other hand would enjoy spending time cooking with his family.  They would all gain at least 20 pounds as they worked on various culinary experiments.

Adolin would enjoy the time to drink wine and look over some folios, but I think he would get restless pretty quickly. But I think he would be the voice of reason in quarantine, especially if he's there with Kaladin, Shallan, and Dalinar, all of whom would try to leave the house to 'save' people, even though there's really nothing they could do. 
But Kaladin might get a free pass to leave, as he could actually be useful in dealing with the sickness. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sazedezas said:

Lift would try to eat as much as possible and be awesome, but would definitely use that awesomeness to escape. Or pester somebody.

Ok legitimate question if an Edgedancer was frictionless could microrganisms get them sick? Would Lift be immune!?!?!!!!!

7 hours ago, jamesbondsmith said:

I feel half of Dalinar's problems  in WOK (specifically the ones about his visions being widely known) would have been solved by being in quarantine

Ah yes but then we have Kaladin with 3.5 times as many problems.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:49 AM, Booknerd said:

Ok legitimate question if an Edgedancer was frictionless could microrganisms get them sick? Would Lift be immune!?!?!!!!!

Dunno about Abrasion but Regrowth should be of help. Being Invested already boosts one's immunity

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 5:17 PM, VanillaDCocoKing said:

Szeth would sit at home. I mean, he doesn't really have a home, but still.

Lift would try to eat as much as possible and be awesome, but would definitely use that awesomeness to escape. Or pester somebody.

Nightblood would Destroy Evil. Whatever that means.

Could destroying evil mean that he would destroy the virus?

Wax would go out at night and help the constables to enforce a curfew, if there was one.

Steris would make lists! - inventories of toilet paper, disinfectant, food. You would definitely want to be quarantined in her house - she would be prepared!

Wayne wouldn't stay in. He might find a style of hat that a mask could be attached to. He would seem to be nonchalant about it, but deep down he'd want to protect others from infection.

Melaan would ... just be Melaan. She might also be thinking of whose bones might soon be available, and stash some away if transforming into that person looked to have strategic value in the future. (I'm assuming that kandra would be immune to disease in general; no idea if that's correct or not.)

What a fun question @Renarin Kholin !! Thanks for starting this thread!:D