Gonna Write like I'm Running Outta Time (Hamilton Fans?)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 10:12 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Where's all the Hamilton fans? Where're the references, the quotes, the love for Jonathan Groff and Lin Manuel Miranda? WHERE ARE YOU???

I have arrived.  Don't worry you just gotta, "Wait for it"  the others shall come.  For now, I have the honor to be, "Your Obedient Servant"

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hentient said:

I cant be the only one excited for Hamilton on Disney+ In July!?!? I literally cant wait for it.

I KNOW, IT IS GOING TO BE SO GOOD!! I can't Wait for it.I have been wanting it Non-stop, since it was announced and I am sure we will all be incredibly Satisfied once it does come out. It will definitely Blow us all away with its amazingness.

• 9 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 2:47 PM, King Karl said:

So I saw a parody while scrolling through the shard earlier, in the middle of class I might say, and decided I wanted to make a parody. If I could get y'all's opinions while I'm writing this that would be great. I was thinking of doing it based on Aaron Burr, sir, and Mistborn.

Go for it!

On Reddit people liken Hamilton to Kaladin, but I've always found it more appropriate to link with Dalinar. Besides, Highprince Dalinar Kholin has the same syllabic count as Alexander Hamilton! 

For other reasons why I think this would work better has to do with the songs:

STORMLIGHT 1-3 SPOILERS BELOW

Spoiler

"Non-Stop" becomes "why do you fight like you're running out of time." 

"Stay Alive" is about Dalinar's walk back to the Rift. 

"Burn" would be about the Rift.

"Satisfied" is all about Dalinar being Gavilar's best man at his and Navani's wedding. (So a gender-swapped song.)

"Helpless" would probably be moved later, maybe combined with "Can't Say No" in order to show what Navani and Dalinar's later relationship is. 

"Ten Duel Commandments" is a little harder to place, but I'd say the first one is right before Adolin's birth while the second one is at The Duel in WoR. 

"Quiet Uptown" would be symbolically inverted, where it's all about the screams in Dalinar's head. 

"Dear Theodosia" would probably have to be about Adolin and Elhokar...yeah, this one's harder. 

So yeah, a lot of the songs work in my head. But the problem then becomes the characters. The whole Angelica-Hamilton-Eliza relationship is pretty easy to replicate Dalinar-Navani-Gavilar at first, but from there it falls apart. Dalinar does work like early Hamilton in their early lives in how insanely productive they were at their special skills. Heck, Sadeas would make for a decent Aaron Burr. But Eliza's role fits better with Dalinar's actual wife...which reinforces the fact that he's more like Hamilton than anyone else...maybe. Gavilar is even harder, since he'd be more like George Washington, but his and Dalinar's relationship are so different it'd feel weird in "Right Hand Man." 

12 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Go for it!

On Reddit people liken Hamilton to Kaladin, but I've always found it more appropriate to link with Dalinar. Besides, Highprince Dalinar Kholin has the same syllabic count as Alexander Hamilton! 

For other reasons why I think this would work better has to do with the songs:

STORMLIGHT 1-3 SPOILERS BELOW

Reveal hidden contents

"Non-Stop" becomes "why do you fight like you're running out of time." 

"Stay Alive" is about Dalinar's walk back to the Rift. 

"Burn" would be about the Rift.

"Satisfied" is all about Dalinar being Gavilar's best man at his and Navani's wedding. (So a gender-swapped song.)

"Helpless" would probably be moved later, maybe combined with "Can't Say No" in order to show what Navani and Dalinar's later relationship is. 

"Ten Duel Commandments" is a little harder to place, but I'd say the first one is right before Adolin's birth while the second one is at The Duel in WoR. 

"Quiet Uptown" would be symbolically inverted, where it's all about the screams in Dalinar's head. 

"Dear Theodosia" would probably have to be about Adolin and Elhokar...yeah, this one's harder. 

So yeah, a lot of the songs work in my head. But the problem then becomes the characters. The whole Angelica-Hamilton-Eliza relationship is pretty easy to replicate Dalinar-Navani-Gavilar at first, but from there it falls apart. Dalinar does work like early Hamilton in their early lives in how insanely productive they were at their special skills. Heck, Sadeas would make for a decent Aaron Burr. But Eliza's role fits better with Dalinar's actual wife...which reinforces the fact that he's more like Hamilton than anyone else...maybe. Gavilar is even harder, since he'd be more like George Washington, but his and Dalinar's relationship are so different it'd feel weird in "Right Hand Man." 

I would do this, but I am just reading SA for the first time. I'm almost finished with Way of Kings though.