FanFic: Everyone V. Odium

I thought I had taught myself better.

I honestly believed that I was done writing dumb wishful fantasies about my favorite characters. Harry Potter killing Voldemort in the most gruesome way my seven-year-old mind could concoct? Those days are behind me. An extended backstory for Breath of the Wild? Begone, thought. One would think that by now I would know better than to write something about the Knights Radiant, Mistborns, Wax n' Wayne duo, ReForgers, Elantrians, and the like teaming up on Odium to defeat him.

One would think.

And yet, here I am, unable to help myself.

So this is probably going to take several posts to make, but that's fine. I've convinced myself that posting irregularly would help ease my conscience. If y'all think this is all just really childish and stupid, then that's fine by me. Heck, I think this is all just really childish and stupid.

But I'm doing it anyway.

Here it is: 

“So let me get this straight.” Waxillium said. “This is the Well of Ascension?”

It was a little underwhelming. “Well,” he could understand. What he was looking at was probably the most well-like thing he had seen for awhile. “Ascension?” Not so much.

“I can understand your confusion.” The man who called himself the Survivor said. Less a man, that was, and more a spirit. He certainly did match the descriptions given in Lestibournes’s texts, however. “Ruin’s power was moved from here, and therefore seems a little lackluster. However, it still works as a Perpendicularity to the Cognitive realm; for up to two people, I believe.”

Wayne nudged Wax in the shoulder. “What’s your imaginary friend saying?”

Wax turned to the Survivor. “I’m afraid my friend has no direct means of contacting you. What should I tell him…?”

“Tell him that you two must take this to the cognitive realm, head to Roshar, and defeat Odium.”

Waxillium frowned. “That seems very… specific.”

“It is a specific battle that you are fighting now, Waxillium Ladrian.” The Survivor said. “I’m afraid that if Odium retrieves any more Shards that he may become unstoppable.”

“I still don’t understand what’s happening.” Wax replied.

“There is only so much I can describe.” The Survivor said. “Just head to Roshar. It might already be too late.”

Waxillium nodded. “Alright, then.”

“Um, excuse me?” Wayne nudged Wax again. “You can’t just make decisions for me, Wax.”

“I thought you said you didn’t like making decisions.”

“Well, I don’t, but you can’t make my decisions without my knowing about what you’re even deciding me to do!” Wayne pled. “Besides, I need to know what hat to take. Lucky hat or fedora?”

“Lucky hat, most definitely.” The Survivor said.

Wax frowned. “What…?”

“Hats are very helpful. Especially lucky ones.”

Wax turned to Wayne. “Well, according the the rusting Survivor himself, you should take your lucky hat.”

“Lucky hat it is!” Wayne plopped on the headwear. “When’re we going?”

Suddenly, from the caves that Waxillium had entered to get here, a man barreled towards them. “I found it! I found it, I found it, I found it!”

“What the—” Wax stuttered.

The man shoved Waxillium out of the way as he ran. “Move, fools! Allomancer Jak has come to claim his Birthright!”

“Excuse me?”

The man shoved Wayne out of the way, as well, who immediately scowled and grabbed for him, stumbling towards the Well as he missed. The man leaped into the Well, thrusting his arms upwards like some kind of priest.

The Survivor scowled. “Get that man out of there before the Perpendicularity—”

The Well burst alight, and the man fell over into the gaseous pool. Wayne was not over his mistreatment just yet, however, and leapt into the pool of light after him.

“Wayne, wait!” Wax yelled, but was too late.

The light of the pool began to fade, and with it the hopes of a successful mission. Wax found himself staring into the Well, empty despite the two personages that had been inside it just moments before.

“What in the name of the Lord Ruler just happened?” The Survivor demanded.

Wax shuddered on the ledge of the Well. “I think… I think that you might be stuck with the wrong allomancer for awhile.”

His best friend, Wayne, had just sealed the fate of the Cosmere, by taking Allomancer Jak with him to defeat a god.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran
Needed to italicize some stuffs.

• 6 months later...
42 minutes ago, Experience said:

Just edit in a 'The End' at the end. :P 

Then you won't ever have to think about it again.

28 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Please write an epilogue. Even if it is only Lift and Lopen meeting wayne. That is something I have wanted to happen in cannon for a really long time.

Hey, I'll write more later, if you guys really want it.

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

OKAY

uh, hey, if you want I can help with grammar mistakes and stuff. Maybe little advice here and there. Never tried helping anyone with their work (Anyone who actually was interested in writing the damnation thing) and it'd be an interesting and perhaps useful experience. 

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

uh, hey, if you want I can help with grammar mistakes and stuff. Maybe little advice here and there. Never tried helping anyone with their work (Anyone who actually was interested in writing the damnation thing) and it'd be an interesting and perhaps useful experience. 

I have no problem with that. I've seen you around, but I haven't checked anything that you've actually, y'know, written. Where can I find these things?

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

I have no problem with that. I've seen you around, but I haven't checked anything that you've actually, y'know, written. Where can I find these things?

Go to Creator's Corner. I have written the Sources of the Universe stuff. I have released a prologue and three chapters. Just released one today in fact. Tell me what you think. if you like what you see, I'll be willing to help with this ambitious undertaking.