Cosmere Board Games, Anyone?

Lets face it. Setting up a tabletop RPG takes a long time. You need to write out a character, build a campaign, and get people interested. And, if you're playing with new people, you basically have to go through all that twice because you need to explain everything to them first, and then help them out with everything else.

Not that I don't love RPG games. They're probably one of my favorite kinds of games in the world. However, it's just so much easier to throw a board on the table, deal out some cards, and get playing; not to mention that you only have to explain everything once before somebody gets it.

So is anyone interested on making some Cosmere games? How does a Stormlight Archive board game sound? A Mistborn trading card game? We don't have to stick with the cosmere: we could try and make a battle-royal style Reckoners game, or an X-Wing style Skyward game. I think that the possiblities are endless.

So, that being said, who's in?

I am yet to determine any of this! However, I think going one world at a time would be good. How about a Stormlight Archive board game, first? I'm thinking we could make the board be the map of Roshar, and you are given a card that determines to what spren you're bonded to, as well as what Knight Radiant you are. The only question is: Where to we go from there?

Here's our Master Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NiaWtdJGTDebJrFx0a_RTivvr162SjWUaZFfz8NLZyM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

I can’t promise to devote a ton of attention to this, but I’d definitely love to help out! 

Edit: The concept of a cosmere version of Monopoly has been lurking in the back of my head for a while, but a whole new game would definitely be cool. 

Edited by AonEne

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Alright then. Here's the link to the discord:

https://discord.gg/HNFPTha

Also @Kidpen I believe you double-posted.

Looks like a computer accident. Edit: Kidpen fixed it. 

Are you making a hangouts too? 

Edited by AonEne

53 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I think you forgot to quote someone...

Yeah

4 hours ago, AonEne said:

I can’t promise to devote a ton of attention to this, but I’d definitely love to help out! 

Edit: The concept of a cosmere version of Monopoly has been lurking in the back of my head for a while, but a whole new game would definitely be cool.