Artist inspired by Skyward

Arthur Haywood

Hello all,

I am an artist inspired by Sanderson’s book, Skyward. I really related to Spensa’s determination to fly in comparison with my artistic aspirations. 

I am looking forward to updates, seeing other people’s inspiration from Sanderson’s books and sharing my art.

Here are a few images inspired by Spensa from Skyward. A mural at 416 Forster St., Harrisburg, PA and a cover of Space and Time Magazine.

More of my work is at arthurhaywood.com

instagram @arthurhaywood

twitter @arthurhaywood

C940DE18-8A1D-4323-AB50-B77E1ADEB9CC.png

9C35A15C-45F6-461E-B530-CA9E19163F81.png

72143F8C-C009-4A93-9A49-56299B1929BE.jpeg

Dang! You are quite the artist! Glad to have you in our ranks!

What's your favorite medium? You paint so fluidly and cleanly I'm not sure if you are using oil or acrylics or what. I went digital a couple of years ago, but I still have a soft spot for watercolors. I sketch almost entirely with Dixon Ticonderoga pencils. 

You've got my everlasting respect painting with oils. I'm much too impatient. Painted a pear once with oils in high school and decided it just wasn't for me. 

6 minutes ago, Arthur Haywood said:

@Snakenaps Digital is awesome. Do you have a site?, I would like to see your work.

My website is https://worldofalturas.com and you can find me under @worldofalturas on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, DeviantArt, and on my (very new) YouTube channel. I'm most active on Instagram, although hoping to become more active in general once revising stops kicking my butt. 

@Arthur Haywood Glad you enjoyed my paintings. The rumptifusel was really fun to take from its original myth and turn it into something Alturian. One day, I'm hoping to illustrate the book I'm currently revising. 

I've followed you back, and I can't wait to see more of your art! Still jealous about your patience with oils!