What do Sanderfans do when we are stuck at home?

Singer

What do Sanderfans do when they're stuck at home?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. If you were quarantined, unable to leave your house, which character's response most closely matches your own?

• Try to help all your friends and neighbors, like Kaladin
    • Sketch up a storm, like Shallan
    • Sneak out at night, like Vin
    • Read extensively, like Elend
    • Eat all the food! like Lift
    • Get all dressed up with no place to go, like Adolin
    • Store up all your feruchemical attributes, like Sazed
    • Break everything in your house, like Alcatraz
    • Make up a dreadful metaphor for your situation, like David
    • Plan wild plots, scams, and crimes, like Kelsier
    • Prepare for all the worst case scenarios, like Steris
    • Enjoy the finer things, like Breeze
    • Study and research, like Jasnah
    • Sing songs, tell stories, and drive your companions crazy, like Hoid

I like this poll.  It's a shame I can't pick more than one though, as I find myself wanting to do many of these things.  I picked like Kelsier, because I find myself thinking of ways that I can go outside or go play basketball and not get in trouble.

I am fortunate to be able to work from home, but I find myself reading a lot (guess that hasn't changed), eating a lot (guess that hasn't changed either), and storing up feruchemical abilities.  So yeah, now that I am told to stay inside, the only thing that's changed is me not wanting to be inside all the time.  The Feruchemy is a plus too.

EDIT:  Actually, not that I think about it, I did do a nice scam the other day.  I drove up to see my brother under the pretense of doing something else, but my real goal was to get my copy of Oathbringer back.  So many birds killed with one stone.

EDIT2:  Gotta get watch shows/movies in the poll, like Renarin.  Because Renarin sees...

Edited by Nuatoma

I third the making it a multiple choice! That is a thing you can do, just have to check a box. 

My routine honestly hasn’t changed that much - I still have a billion things to do, most of them related to reading or writing. So maybe Elend, but others too. 

So I would either read a bunch of Sanderson books that I have already read, read other sci-fi fantasy books, or discuss on here what I would do if I was stuck at home.

luckily nothing has changed for my situation I am still stuck on Roshar, using forbidden technology to communicate with the 17 shard, trying to convince the Parshendi to not wage war so Brandon has to change book 4 because the Parshendi actually surrendered.

Making terrible metaphors about the situation sounds a lot like all the memes you see everywhere regarding all of this. Which is nice because my phone and laptop are starting to drown in memes and I couldn't be happier about that.

Edited by Eluvianii

Just now, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Funny thing is, I actually just started a reread of Alloy of Law:P

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I love that book!

Spoiler

I love the appearance Marsh (Ironeyes) made at the end of the book. When i read that for the first time i was friggin out! i love when the original Characters make cameos. (cameo might not be the right word for that. Tell me if if somebody has a better one)

I'm doing several, but it's a good thing I started a Stormlight reread! I’m also not completely quarantined, so I still go to work, which is nice so that I have something to do. If that changed, I might turn into even more of a Hoid!

Struggle/Fight against captivity! (Being cooped up in reality, but it can sure feel like captivity at times) Like Syl. (Would also fit Kaladin, but there already is one)

7 hours ago, HemalurgicStickBreaker said:

Get injured, like Lopen

5 hours ago, HemalurgicStickBreaker said:

This better?

I believe you don't need a comma at all but my grammar skills are limited. I used to be the 27 son who is supposed to be over grammar but now I am only a chef. Yes my family is made up in order to make a joke. Yes My family never should have had fighters (We are not really good at warfare. We usually die).  Yes warfare is not good I don't know why people do it. On the bright side, now I don't have to care about grammar at all. So please ignore this post completely.

Sanderfans make up random stories to answer random other Sanderfans on the web when they are stuck at home.