The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

20 hours ago, AonEne said:

I got a blessing before school, and even though I didn’t feel the Spirit, I hope that it helps... 

I am sure that it will. Even if you didn't feel the Spirit, as long as the person who gave you the blessing is a Melchizedek priesthood holder, the Spirit was there and will stay with you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 0:18 PM, AonEne said:

I got a blessing before school, and even though I didn’t feel the Spirit, I hope that it helps... 

Y'know, just about every time I was ordained to a priesthood office, I haven't felt the Spirit, at least not in the "traditional" way. Anyone else who was there has assured me that they did, but for me? Nuthin'. I don't know why that is; don't know what I need to learn, if anything. But I have felt it on many other occasions acting in Priesthood capacity, so I know somebody did something right. 

Also, something that's helped me before was remembering that I'd had a blessing -- for example, the last time I had to speak in church, I was nervous as all heck (as one is). Got a blessing, didn't feel much at the time. But up at the pulpit, just as I was starting to really worry, I remembered that I'd been blessed with calm and clear speech, and the rest of the talk went swimmingly. Dunno if this will be universally applicable, but my point is that blessings are not isolated, contained experiences. That blessing will help. Maybe not in the way you think, but it will.

Bit late, but I wish you the best, Ene!

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread just to announce that I'm here.

Haven't been back to church - the earliest Sacrament Meeting I could attend is October 11 but it will be easier to just stay home and do family sacrament like we've been doing.

Also, my username is partially a reference to where I served my mission, in case anyone wondered.

47 minutes ago, Eran of Arcadia said:

Haven't been back to church - the earliest Sacrament Meeting I could attend is October 11 but it will be easier to just stay home and do family sacrament like we've been doing.

The same is true for me! My ward gets to go back to church on October 11th, and while it is easier just to stay home, my ward is so small that I am really the only reliable young man who will always be there to pass, so I'm going!

I think I would anyway, though. Yay! Yay!

5 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Hey, I found a meme that's both Stormlight and MotCoJCoLDS. Anyone?

Sure, assuming it's not the one I'm quoting below from this thread.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:12 AM, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

Here's one I've seen. Don't give me credit!

Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 10.11.25 AM.png

10 hours ago, Retrac said:

Is everyone excited for conference?

Heck yes I am! I'm hopeful my family'll still be able to do our traditional picnic up the canyon, even with COVID. (Should be possible. It's pretty easy to stay away from everyone when you're out in the wilderness.)

I'd love the new hymnbook, but I think that's still a year or two out. Anybody have any hymns in particular that they'd like to see added (or removed)?

• 2 weeks later...

Let God Prevail.

Probably my favorite part of this session.

edit: Last week, to prepare for conference I watched the Youth Devotional from 2018 again. You can imagine how excited I was when President Nelson spoke on Gathering Israel! I couldn't have foreseen how the Lord would use my preparation, but I am so thankful that things happened the way they did! President Nelson's talk was so much more meaningful to me because I had watched the Devotional.

Edited by Rosharan A.C.