The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

*Waves* It has been a while since I made a topic but here I go!

SOOOOOOO, I've noticed that a lot of us sharders are LDS, like Mr. Sanderson. 

I thought, "HMMMM, what if I made a topic where us Mormons (Latter Day Saints) can be odd together and share inside jokes and such?" 

I decided to act upon this thought.

So welcome to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Corner!

Edited by Kelsier'sGodComplex

I agree that this is a fun idea.

Please keep in mind that our leaders have asked that we use the full name of the Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We wouldn't need to type it out every time, but I would appreciate it if it were in the title or the text of the first post. It emphasizes our focus on Christ. 

Sorry for the rant. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Mist

17 hours ago, Mist said:

I agree that this is a fun idea.

Please keep in mind that our leaders have asked that we use the full name of the Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We wouldn't need to type it out every time, but I would appreciate it if it were in the title or the text of the first post. It emphasizes our focus on Christ. 

Sorry for the rant. 

Thanks! 

Yeah, I put Latter Day Saints after Mormon, but I'll expand it.

I've seen Cosmere Ward Memes before.

14 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

What a cool idea for a thread!

Hey, is anyone else pumped for general conference? (Two weeks!!)

This IS a cool idea for a thread!

And i AM pumped for General Conference!

On a separate note, There is a guy in my ward who is an architect. And he is working on Brandon's House! He said he asked Brandon and he said (that Brandon said) That it would be okay for me to send him with some books for Brandon to sign next time he goes to work on Brandon's House , or whatever.(i don't know how it works). But THEN That DARN corona virus HAD to come!

*exhales* sorry about that. I just had to tell SOMEBODY on the shard about that. I just did not want to go through explaining what a ward is and all that so this thread makes it easier.

Also those are some of the funniest responses i have ever read!:lol: i wish i could Give y'all some reputation (if that's what you call it). But i already reached my limit for today.

Nothing Sanderson related, but after reading 3 Nephi 23:1 (Where Christ gives the people a commandment to search diligently the words of Isaiah) I decided to really take it seriously. Two times I’ve gone through the Isaiah chapters in the B.o.M (of course they are mainly in 1st and 2nd Nephi) with different translations and commentary. I think finally understand it.

In a way most of it is kind of simple. People make it more complex than it needs to be with interpretations that are dubious at best. Also the King James Translation is just not very good at places. My views on the Book of Mormon translation are best expressed by Brigham Young, “There has not been a perfect revelation given, because we cannot understand it. Yet we receive a little here and a little there. I should not be stumbled if the prophet should translate the Bible 40,000 times over and yet it should be different in some places every time. Because when God speaks it is always according to the capacity of the people.” I think people were used to the King James so we got King James Isaiah chapters with a few changes of course.  

These chapters are usually confusing for people so feel free send a private message or even on this page. I plan on reading the entire book of Isaiah sometime.

21 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

What a cool idea for a thread!

Hey, is anyone else pumped for general conference? (Two weeks!!)

Because of the virus, it will be broadcasted in a small building with pre-recorded music. No crowd, other than those talking and no choir. It's gonna be quite strange. 

On 3/22/2020 at 10:54 AM, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

Because of the virus, it will be broadcasted in a small building with pre-recorded music. No crowd, other than those talking and no choir. It's gonna be quite strange. 

Wait no choir??? :( That's always one of my favorite parts. At least they have the pre-recorded music. It's going to be interesting to see how the brethren organize it.

• 2 weeks later...

So much goodness! A new proclamation, the Hosanna shout, youth speakers, a new church symbol, and a temple in China! This is also the first conference I made it through all ten hours. I usually watch one each day and go back to read the others. The trick for me is to walk outside in my neighborhood (one of my favorite pastimes) for a hour and listen via the ksl app. I then return and watch the rest.

Ive already printed out the proclamation and look forward to studying the talks as well. I hope I remember to participate in the fast. I’m losing track of days in this quarantine haha