The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

1 hour ago, Negative_Null said:

... I fell off a cliff on a scout outing... multiple times. I don't think we can say anything about the average because I bring it all the way down ':)

Oh man, if we're talking about Scout outings, I've also fallen in creeks, raging rivers... though mostly over my feet! :lol:

On 7/31/2020 at 10:32 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

All missionaries have an innate ability to avoid danger. I knew a guy who hid behind a couch during a gunfight on his mission and came out completely unscathed.

In my brother's mission in Bolivia, all the gangs LOVED the missionaries! They would be in the middle of a gang fight, the missionaries would walk by, the gangs would "pause" the fight and let the missionaries walk past safely, then "unpause" the fight. Also they would say to my brother things like "hey if anyone's bothering you, hit us up and we'll take care of them."

3 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

In my brother's mission in Bolivia, all the gangs LOVED the missionaries! They would be in the middle of a gang fight, the missionaries would walk by, the gangs would "pause" the fight and let the missionaries walk past safely, then "unpause" the fight. Also they would say to my brother things like "hey if anyone's bothering you, hit us up and we'll take care of them."

I'm not going to lie. Thats just a little creepy.

Edited by Retrac

I just got back from visiting family in Utah, and there I was able to go to church! It was nice. Now I'm back in Washington, where it's still not allowed :( Oh well. 

And if we're doing mission stories, my dad went to Russia and met a witch lady who licked his companion's eyeball. So...

Edited by Matrim's Dice

22 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I just got back from visiting family in Utah, and there I was able to go to church! It was nice. Now I'm back in Washington, where it's still not allowed :( Oh well. 

And if we're doing mission stories, my dad went to Russia and met a witch lady who licked his companion's eyeball. So...

Um... details please?

3 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

Um... details please?

xD there really isn't much else to say. He and his companion were walking through Russia, doing their normal door-to-door thing, and there was an old lady that like came up to them and was like speaking incantations and stuff in a weird Russian dialect they couldn't understand, but she like threw some sand around and yelled and other people backed away, but she put her hand up to his companion and when he stepped forward- as an attempt to be nice- she grabbed his face, pulled it down to eye level, and licked his eyeball. 

They ran away after that. Later she would chase them around the park. So yeah, crazy Russian witch lady.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Nothing too weird but a couple of fun stories:
1.My companion and I were walking across the street of a Golf Course and he got completely blindsided when a golf ball drove into his face. He described it as “It felt like Satan punched me in the mouth.” It was hilarious observing the entire thing (after I found out it wasn’t a serious injury).

2. We were teaching a family that had a daughter that had these fits where she had to be taken to the hospital occasionally. She started having one and a blessing was given; it stopped immediately. The family had never seen anything like it. In case you were curious I don’t think they ever got baptized to my knowledge. I can not tell you the number of families (of our faith and not of our faith) I’ve met who have had miraculous things happen to them and they just blow it off and don’t want to live the life of discipleship.

• 2 weeks later...