The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

On 10/4/2022 at 6:50 AM, The Halcyon Girl said:

I’m so EXCITED. We’re gonna get to have so many COOL EXPERIENCES GUYS! I just want to do it all NOW. 

So...yeah, in the coming years, we're going to get to see a lot of cool things.

But...we're also going to see a lot of really scary things.

So it's a good thing that these cool experiences are going to happen.

On 9/14/2022 at 7:34 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

So here's a funny little story;

Throughout the mainstream covid years (2020-early 2022) I suffered from mental, emotional, and spiritual burnout, and turned to some... not great things in an attempt to retain my happiness and sanity.

I thought it was working.

It wasn't.

I commited some very agregious sins, and over the past few months, all the lessons in Priests Quorom and Sunday School have been about repentance. I don't think it was a coincedence.

And I was in Priests Quorom just this past sunday, and the bishop (i love my bishop he is so cool) was giving a brilliant lesson on, you guessed it, repentance.

And, I guess it finally clicked for me, everything I was doing wrong, and I decided right then and there, that it. Would. Stop.

So that night, I went into my closet, knelt down, and spoke to my Heavenly Father for the first time in 2 years. I spoke to him as if he were in the room with me, and I was just... talking to him. Not using prayer-speak, just... talking.

I asked Him for guidance. I asked Him for help. I asked Him what I should do.

I didn't get a verbal response, but I did get a feeling. An overwhelming feeling of love, and of the Spirit.

I had forgotten what the Spirit had felt like, and I vowed then and there, that I would try as hard as I could to never lose it again.

It is now wednesday. I've prayed nightly to my Heavenly Father, and have felt His hand in my life already, even though it's been three days.

And I have a beautiful testimony that He is there, and that He listens, and that the Spirit can be felt, no matter what you've done. The Savior will take your sins upon him, and you will be made clean.

Isaiah 1:18 says it best; "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool."

I love you all, and I urge you to pray to Heavenly Father whenever the need arises.

I know I'm horrendously late, but thank you for sharing this. I've had similar experiences, and hearing others share theirs really buoys my spirit. 

So I found this and I am very happy and the timing is absolutely perfect.

I currently sing in my school's basic treble choir and tonight was our first concert. And we had this song we sang called, I Believe. It has two solos in it and the second one was very different from anything I have ever had the opportunity to sing at a school. The lyrics in the second solo are, "I believe in God I believe in God even when even when God is silent" And yes I know God is never truly silent, but it immediately stuck out to me. It was like the perfect opportunity for me to be able to in some way bear a part of my testimony. I determined that for the first time in a while I was going to audition for the solo. I did and I got it. Today I started to get very very nervous about it and didn't think to ask for any help or comfort in prayer until I found this. One of the first things I saw was the response to Calano's post from a while ago and after reading it I immediately prayed for comfort. As it got closer to the performance time I said a couple more prayers and had moments where my anxiety about it would start to rise in me and I would feel comfort without having to ask for it. And then as I was singing the solo I suddenly hit me that throughout the entire evening I had just proved that I not only believe in God but I know God is real and that I know God loves me.

So thank you, thank you, thank you! I was in great need of this today. Thank you.

On 10/13/2022 at 9:12 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

So I found this and I am very happy and the timing is absolutely perfect.

I currently sing in my school's basic treble choir and tonight was our first concert. And we had this song we sang called, I Believe. It has two solos in it and the second one was very different from anything I have ever had the opportunity to sing at a school. The lyrics in the second solo are, "I believe in God I believe in God even when even when God is silent" And yes I know God is never truly silent, but it immediately stuck out to me. It was like the perfect opportunity for me to be able to in some way bear a part of my testimony. I determined that for the first time in a while I was going to audition for the solo. I did and I got it. Today I started to get very very nervous about it and didn't think to ask for any help or comfort in prayer until I found this. One of the first things I saw was the response to Calano's post from a while ago and after reading it I immediately prayed for comfort. As it got closer to the performance time I said a couple more prayers and had moments where my anxiety about it would start to rise in me and I would feel comfort without having to ask for it. And then as I was singing the solo I suddenly hit me that throughout the entire evening I had just proved that I not only believe in God but I know God is real and that I know God loves me.

So thank you, thank you, thank you! I was in great need of this today. Thank you.

What a powerful story. Thank you for sharing. I'm glad that you got to experience this.

On 10/5/2022 at 6:16 AM, The Bookwyrm said:

So...yeah, in the coming years, we're going to get to see a lot of cool things.

But...we're also going to see a lot of really scary things.

So it's a good thing that these cool experiences are going to happen.

True true. Hopefully the cool will be amazing and we can weather the scary. And hopefully we all live to see Christ come back. That would be AWESKME. We could have a PARTY. And then all be good at being pure and stuff like that.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:06 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

Today I was at a volleyball game, and they started playing the FSY line dance song. 

Made. My. Day. 

I wanna go BACK. And DANCE IT. And TALK TO PEOPLE. And ATTEND THE CLASSES. It was so good and I wanna go again.

I think that so much, Haly. I wish I could go again and again and again for an infinite loop.

I will be able to go again next year because I'm moving to a place where they didn't do fsy yet.

So, a couple days ago I stumbled apon a realization. (Many of you have probably already realized this.)

Pain is what makes life worth living. It makes it interesting. You would much rather read a story about someone who feels pain and struggles than someone who has a perfect life. So, like Wayne, we should become good friends with pain. Not that we should enjoy it, but we should get used to it, as everyone experiences it. It is there to perfect us. That's why god put us on this Earth.