The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

So here's a funny little story;

Throughout the mainstream covid years (2020-early 2022) I suffered from mental, emotional, and spiritual burnout, and turned to some... not great things in an attempt to retain my happiness and sanity.

I thought it was working.

It wasn't.

I commited some very agregious sins, and over the past few months, all the lessons in Priests Quorom and Sunday School have been about repentance. I don't think it was a coincedence.

And I was in Priests Quorom just this past sunday, and the bishop (i love my bishop he is so cool) was giving a brilliant lesson on, you guessed it, repentance.

And, I guess it finally clicked for me, everything I was doing wrong, and I decided right then and there, that it. Would. Stop.

So that night, I went into my closet, knelt down, and spoke to my Heavenly Father for the first time in 2 years. I spoke to him as if he were in the room with me, and I was just... talking to him. Not using prayer-speak, just... talking.

I asked Him for guidance. I asked Him for help. I asked Him what I should do.

I didn't get a verbal response, but I did get a feeling. An overwhelming feeling of love, and of the Spirit.

I had forgotten what the Spirit had felt like, and I vowed then and there, that I would try as hard as I could to never lose it again.

It is now wednesday. I've prayed nightly to my Heavenly Father, and have felt His hand in my life already, even though it's been three days.

And I have a beautiful testimony that He is there, and that He listens, and that the Spirit can be felt, no matter what you've done. The Savior will take your sins upon him, and you will be made clean.

Isaiah 1:18 says it best; "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool."

I love you all, and I urge you to pray to Heavenly Father whenever the need arises.

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Throughout the mainstream covid years (2020-early 2022) I suffered from mental, emotional, and spiritual burnout, and turned to some... not great things in an attempt to retain my happiness and sanity.

It wasn't.

I commited some very agregious sins, and over the past few months, all the lessons in Priests Quorom and Sunday School have been about repentance. I don't think it was a coincedence.

And I was in Priests Quorom just this past sunday, and the bishop (i love my bishop he is so cool) was giving a brilliant lesson on, you guessed it, repentance.

And, I guess it finally clicked for me, everything I was doing wrong, and I decided right then and there, that it. Would. Stop.

So that night, I went into my closet, knelt down, and spoke to my Heavenly Father for the first time in 2 years. I spoke to him as if he were in the room with me, and I was just... talking to him. Not using prayer-speak, just... talking.

I didn't get a verbal response, but I did get a feeling. An overwhelming feeling of love, and of the Spirit.

I had forgotten what the Spirit had felt like, and I vowed then and there, that I would try as hard as I could to never lose it again.

It is now wednesday. I've prayed nightly to my Heavenly Father, and have felt His hand in my life already, even though it's been three days.

And I have a beautiful testimony that He is there, and that He listens, and that the Spirit can be felt, no matter what you've done. The Savior will take your sins upon him, and you will be made clean.

Isaiah 1:18 says it best; "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool."

I love you all, and I urge you to pray to Heavenly Father whenever the need arises.

You are an amazing person Calano and I consider you a friend. Talk to your bishop if you need to, they are amazing people. I also discovered what it is like to talk to heavenly father and now I always feel peace before I go to bed, it's amazing and I'm glad you decided to stop. If you need to or want to talk about it my PM's are open ALWAYS.

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

It wasn't.

I'm so glad that you managed to understand what was going on and that you're taking the steps to fix it! That sounds like and amazing experience and I'm happy for you. I hope everything continues to go great and you don't lose this new testimony. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, TheHalcyonGirl said:

Are you guys LDS or just visiting the thread? 

I know that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that Calano and Morningtide are, along with most people that post here.

Are you a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?

On 9/14/2022 at 7:34 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

It wasn't.

That's amazing, Calano. Thank you for sharing this. 

On 7/12/2022 at 6:15 PM, Wizard Apocalypse100 said:

I'm not Mormon, though I am interested about it's faith and teachings.

Any questions in particular?

7 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I know that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that Calano and Morningtide are, along with most people that post here.

Are you a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?

I SURE AM! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for the win! (And dragons for second place.)