The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

Happened across an old favorite talk of mine by Elder Holland: "Lord, I Believe", from 2013 (just when I was starting to pay attention to Conference). This has been one of my favorites since he gave it, and every once in a while I'll read, listen to, or watch it again. It tends to show back up when I need it the most, and tonight is no exception.

We just had a great visit from the elders, who ostensibly were there to share a message but really one of them had heard me mention Brandon Sanderson in my talk and wanted to talk about the Cosmere. Meanwhile my wife was rolling her eyes and his companion just looked confused. I told him about the secret novels and The Lost Metal, which will be out before he returns. Journey before Destination.

8 hours ago, Mason Wheeler said:

Get to know that one guy then. :P

Yeah I should. Problem is, in my ward, none if the guys talk to the girls. We sit on opposite sides during combined meetings, and don't interact during combined activities. It makes me mad, but nobody will ever go with me to talk to them, and it's awkward just wandering up to a giant group of guys and starting a conversation. *Sigh* 

23 minutes ago, Morningtide said:

Yeah I should. Problem is, in my ward, none if the guys talk to the girls. We sit on opposite sides during combined meetings, and don't interact during combined activities. It makes me mad, but nobody will ever go with me to talk to them, and it's awkward just wandering up to a giant group of guys and starting a conversation. *Sigh* 

[Insert inspiring speech about being like the Ascendant Warrior here.]

9 hours ago, Morningtide said:

If you are a teenager, I would think you are well aquainted with akwardness. I know I am:P.

52 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

wait, I went to raleigh in NC, how would me going to the temple yesterday/today have anything to do with being close to you?

Oh lol for some reason i thought you meant the dc temple open house lmaoooo sorry

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

On 6/1/2022 at 8:30 PM, Morningtide said:

My ward is the same way. A few years ago our boundaries changed and we got moved to a different building (that's about a 20 minute drive away) and away from our awesome youth group. In the new ward everyone stares at their phones all the time and no one wants to pay attention or interact with anyone else, and literally there's a stigma with participating in class. It's pretty sad. Even at the more fun youth activities no one ever really wants to talk to everyone, and no matter how many times I try to break the ice, no one cracks. Very disheartening. :(

Also, hi! On a lighter note, I'm also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Hello everyone; glad to be here! :D

Edited by Shining Silhouette