14 posts in this topic

So I was thinking of BoM and got to wondering why it was that marasi gave up the BoM to wax , like how did she know he was dead and I remembered this thread I read where it says Harmony basically influenced her kinda like how kelsier influenced ppl in SH. 

 

AND I got to wondering, how good is Harmony's Futuresight ??

Like he has preservation so that's a plus but then he has ruin so that's a minus.

His intent is to maintain harmony. So I'm guessing he worries about the future. 

So I'm guessing he has good Futuresight. Maybe not as good as old Leras, but good enough. 

Saze is still young for a vessel so he might still be learning the ropes.

 

Whatchu think ??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrinceGenocide said:

So I'm guessing he has good Futuresight. Maybe not as good as old Leras, but good enough. 

Saze is still young for a vessel so he might still be learning the ropes.

 

Whatchu think ??

Other then that Honor is worse then both Cultivation and Odium and that Preservation and Ruin had future sight oriented differently we do not really know much about what makes a given shard better or worse then another at future sight.  As to how Marasi knew she saw Suit come up and Wax not.  Suit would not have left Wax around where he could do damage. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PrinceGenocide said:

So I was thinking of BoM and got to wondering why it was that marasi gave up the BoM to wax , like how did she know he was dead

Well, Suit straight up said he'd left Wax for dead when he got back to the airships via Steelpush, right before Marasi figured out about the spearhead being the real BoM.

Quote

Suit strode past [Marasi]. He looked far more intimidating dropping through the air using Allomantic abilities than he had bundled up for the weather and standing on the steps of the temple.

"Is my brother dead?" Telsin demanded.

"Yes," Suit said. "Though I encountered the short one."

"You killed him?"

"Left him distracted," Suit said. "I thought you'd want to see what I found." [Shows her the "fake Bands" arm bracers]

Inasmuch as Harmony gave Marasi a hint, it would probably be to remind her what she knew already from dealing firsthand with Miles Hundredlives, that a goldmind could heal even deadly wounds if enough consciousness remained in a person to tap it and the goldmind were Invested enough, which the Bands would allow... If she got it to Wax as quickly as possible.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he has decent future sight at the least. Rubio's future sight wasn't bad per se, as he was able to concoct a plan that took decades at least to set up. Preservation was just better. One thing I think is a bonus to Harmony is that of all the Shards he's the one who seemingly is long thinking about technological development. And considering we know that Mistborn 4 is a space opera, I would consider that pretty far seeing 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His futuresight shouldn't be any worse than Preservation's, I don't think. Currently, I think of Shardic futuresight rankings like this: Cultivation > Ambition > Odium > Preservation > Ruin > Dominion / Autonomy > Endowment > Honor / Devotion

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dreamer said:

His futuresight shouldn't be any worse than Preservation's, I don't think. Currently, I think of Shardic futuresight rankings like this: Cultivation > Ambition > Odium > Preservation > Ruin > Dominion / Autonomy > Endowment > Honor / Devotion

Out of curiosity why do you rank Odium and Ambition above Preservation? I know there is contention between who's better between Cultivation and Preservation but ranking those two above him is surprising to me

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

Out of curiosity why do you rank Odium and Ambition above Preservation? I know there is contention between who's better between Cultivation and Preservation but ranking those two above him is surprising to me

Because of how I view their Intents, Ambition just sounds like she should have been one of the best at futuresight. She probably was given that she was at the top of Odium's hitlist, remained hidden from from him till Devotion and Dominion died and then managed to battle Odium directly alone. As for Odium, never underestimate the power of hatred and grudges.

Edited by Dreamer
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

Because of how I view their Intents, Ambition just sounds like she should have been one of the best at futuresight. She probably was given that she was at the top of Odium's hitlist, remained hidden from from him till Devotion and Dominion died and then managed to battle Odium directly alone. As for Odium, never underestimate the power of hatred and grudges.

Then how do you place Cultivation?

And to preserve something you need to see all the ways it could be destroyed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

Then how do you place Cultivation?

And to preserve something you need to see all the ways it could be destroyed.

Like I said, it's in my opinion, I see Cultivation as very long-term survival-of-the-fittest, whether as natural selection or artificial pruning. As for Preservation, it's because he's also stasis, things staying the same. I think of forces of change as better at foresight.

Edited by Dreamer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dreamer said:

His futuresight shouldn't be any worse than Preservation's, I don't think. Currently, I think of Shardic futuresight rankings like this: Cultivation > Ambition > Odium > Preservation > Ruin > Dominion / Autonomy > Endowment > Honor / Devotion

Why do you have Ambition ranked so high?  Usually super ambitious people are actually really bad at figuring out the consequences of their actions.  It is what makes them so easy to take advantage of.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karger said:

Why do you have Ambition ranked so high?  Usually super ambitious people are actually really bad at figuring out the consequences of their actions.  It is what makes them so easy to take advantage of.

I guess it is dependent on how Ambition is perceived. Overly ambitious people are, but if you have a healthy amount of it then it sets a goal that they could focus on. 

Out of everything thing that we do know for sure though, I rank Preservation as the best at future sight. Everyone else is just conjecture. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised no one's complaining about Autonomy 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I'm surprised no one's complaining about Autonomy 

Considering we know nothing about her capabilities just sticking her in the middle makes sense.

2 hours ago, StanLemon said:

I guess it is dependent on how Ambition is perceived. Overly ambitious people are, but if you have a healthy amount of it then it sets a goal that they could focus on. 

It is not like shards are known for moderation or having a healthy amount of their given attribute.  Even if they were ambition often goes nowhere in the face of economic or social obstacles.  As Brandon would say.  Just wanting is not enough.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This inspired me to make a whole new theory.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.