Duralumin Gnats mechanical application

PewterRunner

So I've been thinking, I know ive seen somewhere that Brando Sando has said that there are ways to use hemalurgy without killing the person you're taking power from.

So I thought hard about this because mostly I feel bad for Duralumin gnats. And especially with allomancy, feruchemy and hemalurgy becoming more mechanical and capitalistic in nature. What if they discover a way to transfer powers without killing the base person. By making use of the bind points and possibly stealing small portions of the power. 

Therefore in the day of capitalism and mechanical uses of the magic systems I was thinking duralumin gnats could sell their power out to people for a high price in long needled syringes filled the needles being the hemalurgic spike and the syringe being filled with the duralumin solution. Essentially being a super boost for an allomancer. A tad dramatic but honestly I think it's fun. 

Anyways what do you guys think?

42 minutes ago, PewterRunner said:

Anyways what do you guys think?

So you make a spike and then grind it up into needles that you inject?  That seems a bit unnecessary.  Just breaking it into slivers and then stabbing should work and give a permanent boost(although a small one).  Since these abilities are usable via medallion I do not think that this will be a thing that starts happening(especially since allomancers tend to be wealthy and we don't have many) but it is interesting to think about.

Edited by Karger

Quoted from other topic: We don't know of a method of Hemalurgy that doesn't take the entire ability - it works by ripping off a chunk of the Spiritweb - and so this would most likely only work once per Gnat (unless the Gnat were healed sufficiently to restore their Spiritweb, but that is above most levels of healing on Scadrial). However, once medallions become more common, this should work, with the Duralumin Gnat storing in Nicrosil thier ability to burn duralumin, and then that medallion being used by another Allomancer to boost themselves. This would probably be similar to most abilities at that point though.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, Karger said:

So you make a spike and then grind it up into needles that you inject?  That seems a bit unnecessary.  Just breaking it into slivers and then stabbing should work and give a permanent boost(although a small one).  Since these abilities are usable via medallion I do not think that this will be a thing that starts happening(especially since allomancers tend to be wealthy and we don't have many) but it is interesting to think about.

Nah sorry the needle is the spike that you attach to a syringe filled with duralumin flakes.

52 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Which part? The needle would probably work as a spike, and the duraluminum doesn't have to be in your stomach.

No but the needle would only work as a spike so long as you leave it in there.

2 hours ago, Karger said:

OK but why not just take Duralumin the normal way?

Yeah that seems a bit unnecessarily complicated. A small spike, then swallow duralumin as usual. Having bits of metal injected into whichever body part, even for a short time, sounds like a really bad idea.