Well, hello!

Uvara

Hi all,

After reading most of the cosmere (I haven’t read White Sand, but I have no experience with graphic novellas, so still in a bit of doubt there) I have been reading up on a lot of theories here. I think my time here will, at least for now, still be reading a lot, but thanks for having me!

Welcome to the Shard!

What is your favorite Shardworld, magic system, and character (and why)?

If you want to get the prose version of White Sand, then I think that Brandon's website (after joining the newsletter) will get it to you. idk. It never worked for me...

Thanks for the advice! Favorites is like picking a favorite child, but here goes:

Shardworlds: I would say Scadrial, I really like the difference between the grim beaten world of era 1 and the industrialized era 2, which gives me a bit of Victorian vibe. I am not sure I would like to live in any of these times.

Magic system: I would say hemalurgy, maybe it’s because I am an engineer and I like my magic a bit more scientific.

Character: Taravangian, I am not saying he would be a friend, but I find his worldview fascinating and I am really curious how his condition will play out in the SA’s long game. 

Hello @Uvara, welcome to the Shard. Have you read Emperor's Soul?

Thanks. Yes I have, it was the second cosmere book I read after Elantris. I enjoyed it, but is a while back, maybe I will reread it in the near future :)

Edited by Uvara
Added quote.