Quick Fix 43: Mysteries in the Snow

Elkanah

I can’t give all my logic now - not enough time (yay for suspense eh?) bottom line is that you are both good players and have played well as whatever alignment you were. Unfortunately the final vote came down to me and it was utterly a 50/50 shot. Which absolutely sucks because I have bad luck, so I compiled all my thoughts and gave it the best guess I could. May the odds be ever in our favour. 

I’ll give my full thoughts in the post game thing if you want. 

Edited by Zillah

Quick Fix 43 Aftermath: Sole Survivor

While there had been no one sacrificed last night, the remaining trappers couldn't say whether there were any followers left among them. Shard realized there was only one way he could be sure that he survived. He would have to convince one to help throw the other in the snow, bolt the door, and quickly stab the other in the back. That was the only way he could be sure he was safe. 

"So Zillah," he began "I think we can be sure that Ezira is the cultist, since we both have proven ourselves rulos. I can't get rid of him without your help and I'm sure he is the last follower!"

Zillah seemed unsure.

Ezira laughed from the doorway to the kitchen. "I see what is going on here. Zillah, you can't trust him. He is clearly just trying to get you to kill me so he can kill you." 

Zillah began to hear doubts welling in her mind.

"He is lying." Shard sent. "He cannot be trusted. We must send him out."

"Get out of my head!" Zillah wailed.

Ezira wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew better than to waste this opportunity. 

Zillah rushed at Shard tackling him to the floor. Ezira ran to the door. "We have to get rid of him! Quick!" Shard freed his arms and pushed Zillah off. Ezira dove onto the pile and Zillah grabbed a nearby pillow. Shaking off the pillowcase they tied Shard's hands behind his back. Shard began to laugh hysterically.

"haahhahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA! Well played you fools! I don't know which of you is the last cultist. Maybe it's both! Either way, you have won! May the gods have mercy on my soul for the murders I have committed! May you suffer for all you have put me through! You and all your fellows!" His shouting cut off as they through him into the snow, hands still bound. The door slammed shut behind him. Finally they were safe. 

Zillah let out a sigh of relief. She turned to see Ezira smiling... Except it wasn't Ezira anymore. His features distorted and he glowed slightly.

"Finally," he gloated "I have been found worthy of the mysteries!" 

He stabbed her. The shocked look froze on her face as she died. 

---

A week later Ezira emerged into spring sunlight. Fully enlightened and ready to teach others the ways of Jesker. Of course there would have to be more sacrifice. The only way to learn was to experience. He left hopefully.  Near the entrance, still frozen in the snow were Shard's last message

Money helps us Rulo's do anything we want,

We can buy with it, bribe with it,

We can bet on fights and dice,

And win a lot more coins from it,

But most of all we can use it, for banding all together,

And beating all those Foll'wers of Mysteries

6th stanza of The Rulo's Ways

EXPERIENCE was lynched. He was a  Rulo

Zillah was sacrificed. She was a Rulo

The Followers of Mysteries have won a narrow victory

Votes 

EXPERIENCE (2): Kynedath, Zillah

Kynedath (1): EXPERIENCE

Player List

Spoiler

1. EXPERIENCE as Shard, that mysterious fellow no one seems to know anything about Rulo

2. Elandera a welcoming person Trader

3. Xinoehp as as Yretsym one who is in tune with mysteries Trader

4. Ironfire as as Jester, Lord of Ineptitude Trader

5. Devotary of Spontaneity as Jehen, whose distaste for the cold is overcome only by an irrational hatred of fire. Trader

6. Zillah who enjoys chaos and mystery Rulo

7. Kynedath as Ezira, good with a bow, awful with the ladies Seon Holder

8. The God King as Eheshao, a shrewd trader from Kae Follower of Mysteries

9. Shanerockes as Shaney Boi who is here for the fun of it Trader

10. Rathmaskal who is 'in' in all the best ways Seon Holder

11. Sart as Captain Late Sign-Up. With his powers of procrastination, he'll save the day... eventually. Trader

12. DeTess as Lesa, a trader who really should have known better than to try and get a cargo through before the proper start of spring.  Jeskeri Priest

13. A Joe in the Bush as Joe who is meeting new people Trader

14. Straw who ushers in the return of the cultists Trader

15. StrikerEZ as Shien, a man no one recognizes despite his claims to have studied at all the great universities of Arelon JinDo Soldier

16. Stink as Saotia who has traveled far and wide but will be spending the coming storm isolated in a room with us Jeskeri Priest

I will add my thoughts tomorrow.

That was a VERY close game, I was sure that I was toast in the last cycle. I'm quite interested in why Zillah chose to vote on Experience. Honestly Experience, you played a very good game at the end there, you had me practically dead to rights.

Wow. Congrats elims. @Kynedath, it wasn't until that last cycle I was alive that I started to suspect you at all. Just wish I would have left my vote on you. :P

@The_God_King, you also did well! If it weren't for Tess, I likely would have kept believing you for a few cycles. Also, the attempt to make me look suspicious was a very good play. 

Thank you @Elkanah for this great game! I really enjoyed it. Boy was it close though. I thought that we had won until Zillah posted that her vote was on me THREE minutes before the cycle ended.

Good job @DeTess for figuring out the God King, It was the turning point in the game.

Kynadeth, great job. It wasn't until the very end that I was sure that it was you. Also, @Kynedath Was I right about you not seeing Zillah's vote until it was too late? 

@Zillah, I am also wondering what made you choose to place your vote on me?

1 hour ago, EXPERIENCE said:

Good job @DeTess for figuring out the God King, It was the turning point in the game.

Thanks, though there was quite a bit of luck involved in that. I had some minor suspicions of them, but it was only when they made that claim to me that I became really suspicious, and then only because I knew I was already a priest.

Speaking of luck, I had the most dreadful luck in my scans. First I scanned Devotary, who got promptly killed, and then Sart, who also got killed the cycle after, stopping me from establishing any form of trust network.

@Kynedath, you did a pretty good job of remaining below suspicion for me, btw. I don't think you ever really stood out to me in a bad way while I was still alive.

Also, @EXPERIENCE, it was pretty nice playing with you. You pretty  active and not really afraid to get stuck in, which is allways a good trait to have in this game.

It was another very close game, but time to close the thread! Congratulations to the Followers of Mysteries for your victory over the others. Thank you, Elkanah, for the fantastic game in the world of Elantris. It was great to see a different part of the world outside of what we usually see in games on Sel.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion Thread. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: