Quick Fix 43: Mysteries in the Snow

Elkanah

I realize that my stab at Elandera seems a bit rash. However it was also a way to try and generate discussion, which we need since we lost DeTess who was a huge player for doing so. The first couple cycles were a while ago, so the details, like God Kings role in Elandera vs DeTess, were a bit foggy. I only really remembered the general concepts of the discussion. That’s on me though, for not checking the facts before posting. Either way I do think it helped with some discussion this cycle. 

52 minutes ago, Zillah said:

I realize that my stab at Elandera seems a bit rash. However it was also a way to try and generate discussion, which we need since we lost DeTess who was a huge player for doing so. The first couple cycles were a while ago, so the details, like God Kings role in Elandera vs DeTess, were a bit foggy. I only really remembered the general concepts of the discussion. That’s on me though, for not checking the facts before posting. Either way I do think it helped with some discussion this cycle. 

Most of the interactions with DeTess, TGK and myself were via PM, which is why it's probably so foggy. You basically have my work and DeTess's statement from last cycle when they revealed TGK. 

I'll be leaving my vote on Straw, as I can see your point of view on the whole thing. And your statement did definitely start discussions, which I'll never argue against.

Cycle 6: A Jeskersicle

Rulo Message:

STINK is evil! (Probably?)

---

Rulo Message:

Skill in many things is needed,

Skill in fighting, skill in spying,

Skill in drinking, skill in hiding,

Skill in writing, skill in begging,

All these help with what we want,

Always, always be the best

3rd stanza of The Rulo's Ways

Uniqueness makes one different,

From all those other crazy folks,

Who don't want anything,

Except a drink or two,

Here's to us and here's to you,

And here's to a different life!

4th stanza of The Rulo's Ways

-----

Stink froze to death. He was a Jeskeri Priest

Straw was lynched. He was a Trader

Ironfire was sacrificed. He was a Trader

Votes:

Zillah (1): Ironfire

Straw (4): Elandera, Zillah, EXPERIENCE, Kynedath

Player List

Spoiler

1. EXPERIENCE as Shard, that mysterious fellow no one seems to know anything about

2. Elandera a welcoming person

3. Xinoehp as as Yretsym one who is in tune with mysteries Trader

4. Ironfire as as Jester, Lord of Ineptitude Trader

5. Devotary of Spontaneity as Jehen, whose distaste for the cold is overcome only by an irrational hatred of fire. Trader

6. Zillah who enjoys chaos and mystery

7. Kynedath as Ezira, good with a bow, awful with the ladies

8. The God King as Eheshao, a shrewd trader from Kae Follower of Mysteries

9. Shanerockes as Shaney Boi who is here for the fun of it Trader

10. Rathmaskal who is 'in' in all the best ways Seon Holder

11. Sart as Captain Late Sign-Up. With his powers of procrastination, he'll save the day... eventually. Trader

12. DeTess as Lesa, a trader who really should have known better than to try and get a cargo through before the proper start of spring.  Jeskeri Priest

13. A Joe in the Bush as Joe who is meeting new people Trader

14. Straw who ushers in the return of the cultists Trader

15. StrikerEZ as Shien, a man no one recognizes despite his claims to have studied at all the great universities of Arelon JinDo Soldier

16. Stink as Saotia who has traveled far and wide but will be spending the coming storm isolated in a room with us Jeskeri Priest

Edited by Elkanah

Alright, five players left, either one or two elims left since one froze to death last night. Two death tonight means that if there are two elims they win, and if there is one elim we stay alive another cycle. That would then be a lylo scenario. Either way, it looks like this game is going to be over in two cycles max.

Also, @Elkanah I voted on Straw last cycle, not Elandera if I remember correctly.

I'll be going through the thread tomorrow to look over my suspicions and form concrete opinions. Godspeed everyone.

Wow... Are there really only four of us left? That does not bode well. 

I'm actually going to vote on Kynedath this turn. They've stayed out of most discussions until recently, yet have been fairly active. And they're the only player Stink didn't mention (excluding myself). Though, Stinks mentions of Zillah could easily have been distancing. 

The kill, however, makes me lean toward Kynedath being the elim. I have a feeling Zillah would be more apt to kill Kynedath over a new player.

Heck! I must have miscounted. I thought there were five of us left.

@Elandera True, I do tend to get more active during the end stages of a game. I'm fairly certain that's because there is just less content to wade through so I can make much more sense of what there is. I think that I tend to come more alive during the end of a game.

What is your reasoning behind your last statement? I understand what it is saying, but I don't see your logic. Also, Why not mention Experience? They don't come up once in your post.

7 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

What is your reasoning behind your last statement? I understand what it is saying, but I don't see your logic. Also, Why not mention Experience? They don't come up once in your post.

Zillah is a fairly new player, and I think they may be more apt to target players they see as a threat more than players whose deaths would give little information. Leaving me alive makes some sense because suspicion could easily be cast my way from recent turns, so you'd be the likely target in the scenario of elim!Zillah. 

You, on the other hand, would be more likely to go for the informationless kill. Ironfire fits that pretty well, since they're new and have had little interaction with other players this game.

I could be super wrong though. Zillah is a pretty good player and may have known someone might consider this argument in their favor.

I didn't mention Experience because I'm not nearly as suspicious of them as I am of you or Zillah. 

That, or perhaps you targeted Ironfire and intended to accuse me of it and use this very argument. You're a smart player and I would expect you to go into this cycle with a plan if you were an elim. With the suspicion that you've kept throughout most of the game it would be the best play to get that suspicion onto someone else as fast as possible.

And yet despite that I am going to vote on experience. Elandera has been drawing a lot of attention and saying things in a way that almost implies that they have lots of sketchy stuff going on and that they'd be one of - if not the top suspect. I just don't feel elim in that. Experience however has been active nearly the whole game except for this cycle. And last cycle they were flip flopping between a few diferent votes as if they were getting nervous and trying to not get on anyones bad sides.

The mighty Shard has awoken!

Sorry all. I went on a long hike today, and didn't have any connection. I can see where your coming from Kynedath, but I am town. One thing that you can look at is DeTess's comments about me. I feel pretty good about @Zillah, but could you please talk during this cycle?

I'm pretty sure there's only one maf left, so is it Kynedath or Elandera. I think that Kynedath is more likely. It seems to me that when Elandera put their vote on Kynedath, Kynedath tried to put suspicion off of themselves on to me. Elandera is a smart player, but I believe you are as well. You claimed that Elandera would come into the cycle with a plan, but if you are maf then you would as well, to use the argument to put blame on myself and away from you. My vote this cycle will be on Kynedath.

Just now, EXPERIENCE said:

The mighty Shard has awoken!

Sorry all. I went on a long hike today, and didn't have any connection. I can see where your coming from Kynedath, but I am town. One thing that you can look at is DeTess's comments about me. I feel pretty good about @Zillah, but could you please talk during this cycle?

I'm pretty sure there's only one maf left, so is it Kynedath or Elandera. I think that Kynedath is more likely. It seems to me that when Elandera put their vote on Kynedath, Kynedath tried to put suspicion off of themselves on to me. Elandera is a smart player, but I believe you are as well. You claimed that Elandera would come into the cycle with a plan, but if you are maf then you would as well, to use the argument to put blame on myself and away from you. My vote this cycle will be on Kynedath.

Oh yeah, absolutely I'm trying to shift the lynch onto you! No hard feelings, I don't want to die. But I also believe what I said. I honestly think that you're the last elim. If I wanted to shift blame onto someone just to save my own skin it would have been Elandera since they themselves stated they had holes in their defense. I would have played off of the fact that Stink didn't mention them along with myself to try to get the lynch 50/50 and try to ride out the lynch. As it is I'm trying to give the village my actual suspicions so that if I do die they have more context to go off of. And if I survive in the process then all the better for me.

And joining Elandera in lynching me could very well be you trying to get out of being lynched yourself. NAI by itself, but still noteworthy. It would be easy for you to ride this cycle out while they kill me and then take your chance next cycle.

1 hour ago, EXPERIENCE said:

One thing that you can look at is DeTess's comments about me.

As El's sig says, confirmed good does not mean confirmed right. DeTess could easily have been mistaken in her read, just as we all have been about the villagers we've lynched.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed Stink flipped as a priest. I wonder if that means elims really didn't know each other, which would totally throw out my suggestions about Stink's mentions, unless they were super accurate about scanning their teammates. 

Edited by Elandera

1 minute ago, EXPERIENCE said:

Ok, I'm not sure who the mafia is. I'm going to change my vote to Elandera. That way it will be a random. This makes it so that if Elandera is the mafia, then there is a chance that they die.

If I were mafia, I'd definitely change my vote to someone to ensure I don't die. Though, I already changed my vote to you. Sorry, but some of your responses to Kynedath feel a bit like an elim trying to stay alive. Especially this one.

I'm pretty sure that all four of us have roles. There are at least two Rulo's and one Seon Holder. I am guessing that there is still a soilder. My suggestion for them is to protect themselves because then they can for sure still be in the next cycle. 

It’s definitely difficult to judge alignment  when two players with skill far superior to mine have an intense logic battle like that, but I am going to put my vote onto  Elandera. I’ve been suspicious of them the entire game, and beyond that I mainly just agree with the evidence other people have pulled up about them. I also know that since the vote is 2-1 on Experience right now, I want to pull it off them I think. Our PM this cycle has somewhat made me trust them more, as what they said would have been pretty risky as an Elim. 

Cycle 7: The Rarest Resource - Trust

Down to only four people alive in the outpost, no one returned to their rooms anymore. The twisting hallways and misplaced rooms were no match for anyone who simply didn't leave the common area. When Ezira left for the bathroom, everyone assumed he was up to something nefarious. Shard was hard to keep track of. He was always in an out, but this was attributed more to bravery than evil. Elandera fell under deep suspicion when she spent more than four minutes in the kitchen grabbing food. Zillah, never left. This was perhaps most suspicious of all, but there was nothing to accuse her of. The hour grew late and somehow all knew the sacrifice would be soon. No one dared to get close to one another for fear of being ostracized, but they did fall into cautious conversation. After all, it was possible the last cultist had already frozen to death. As they conversed they mused at the possibility of any of them might still be a follower of mysteries.

During the course of the evening, Elandera let slip that she had communicated with EheShao. Zillah remembered that Eheshao had even mentioned that he trusted Elandera. This would not do. They could not tolerate anyone who espoused the Jeskeri Mysteries. One of the trappers suggested they pay her in the way she certainly had their compatriots. Elandera defended herself in vain.

They killed her and made "mock" symbols on the floor and walls in her blood. All the while guided by the true follower in their midst to be sure he would appease the Dor.

Exhausted, one of the three murderers fell asleep on one of the benches. The other two created a message to mark the grisly scene, too full of adrenaline for sleep.

---

Rulo Message:

Luck is used for everything,

From playing cards to making songs,

To having the perfect dinner,

We also use it for convincing others,

That we are the crazy ones,

When really they are crazier!

5th stanza of The Rulo's Ways

---

Rulo Message:

Luck is used for everything,

From playing cards to making songs,

To having the perfect dinner,

We also use it for convincing others,

That we are the crazy ones,

When really they are crazier!

5th stanza of The Rulo's Ways

-----

Elandera was lynched. She was a Trader

Elandera was sacrificed. She was a Trader

Votes:

EXPERIENCE (2): Kynedath, Elandera

Elandera (2): EXPERIENCE, Zillah

Player List

Spoiler

1. EXPERIENCE as Shard, that mysterious fellow no one seems to know anything about

2. Elandera a welcoming person Trader

3. Xinoehp as as Yretsym one who is in tune with mysteries Trader

4. Ironfire as as Jester, Lord of Ineptitude Trader

5. Devotary of Spontaneity as Jehen, whose distaste for the cold is overcome only by an irrational hatred of fire. Trader

6. Zillah who enjoys chaos and mystery

7. Kynedath as Ezira, good with a bow, awful with the ladies

8. The God King as Eheshao, a shrewd trader from Kae Follower of Mysteries

9. Shanerockes as Shaney Boi who is here for the fun of it Trader

10. Rathmaskal who is 'in' in all the best ways Seon Holder

11. Sart as Captain Late Sign-Up. With his powers of procrastination, he'll save the day... eventually. Trader

12. DeTess as Lesa, a trader who really should have known better than to try and get a cargo through before the proper start of spring.  Jeskeri Priest

13. A Joe in the Bush as Joe who is meeting new people Trader

14. Straw who ushers in the return of the cultists Trader

15. StrikerEZ as Shien, a man no one recognizes despite his claims to have studied at all the great universities of Arelon JinDo Soldier

16. Stink as Saotia who has traveled far and wide but will be spending the coming storm isolated in a room with us Jeskeri Priest

Kynadeth. This is what I believe happened. You saw that I was going to be lynched, so you chose to sacrifice Elandera. 30 minutes before the cycle ended Zillah put their vote on Elandera, tying the Lynch. You didn't see this until after the cycle ended, so you didn't change your sacrifice to Zillah. 

If Zillah was mafia, then they would have know what the votes were at the very end of the cycle and sacraficed you so that no matter who was lynched they would win. This makes me 99.99% sure that Zillah is the last town. 

Your analysis is honestly really well put together. If it were against anyone else but myself I would join on that lunch in a heartbeat. As it is though I think you set me up. It would be a bold move, but you've been bold this whole game, especially during the beginning.

Zillah, this is up to you. I'll be voting on experience, so you'll be the deciding vote. I hope that my actions up until this point have convinced you that I'm not one of the elims.

Edited by Kynedath

But here's the thing, Kynadeth. If I was maf and I had a 50% chance of dying, then I would vote on you or Zillah so that if I survive then I win the game. It was just very unlucky that you didn't see Zillah vote until it was too late.

And @Zillah, you are going to be the deciding vote so make sure to place yours. 

Edited by EXPERIENCE