Quick Fix 43: Mysteries in the Snow

Elkanah

14 minutes ago, Sart said:

If he doesn't talk in the next three hours, he'll freeze to death in his room

I think with the information we have, it would be safer to lynch a corpse then to lynch someone who’s been active. The problem is Shane hasn’t given me a reason to vote for him outside of inactivity. So I feel bad just killing him. Ironfire’s return seals the deal unless shane comes back or someone can present someone as a better case. 

I disagree with lynching an inactive. Like Zillah said, knowing their faction doesn't give us much to work off of in the later cycles. lynching inactives doesn't give us the info we need to find honest to goodness eliminators. There are lots of little benefits to lynching an inactive such as raising activity levels in the late game, getting rid of inactives for the elims to kill (since they seem to like doing that because it doesn't give the village a ton to go off of), but I feel like every lynch (bar maybe the D1 lynches) should be based on suspicions and an effort to find an eliminator. Even one cycle that we spend lynching an inactive results in one villager death based on pretty much no real evidence and one villager death from the elim kill. I'd much rather have an elim kill and someone who was suspicious be killed. I'm keeping my vote on Rathmaskal, they are my prime suspicion and I don't agree with lynching someone because they are inactive.

I'll be switching my vote to Rath, just to prevent an inactive lynch. 

A. There's a filter that will take care of them if they don't eventually start contributing. If they don't die but don't post, then I'd be willing to lunch, as it means they're intentionally flying below the radar. 

B. At least one elim is clearly active, based on kill frequency.

C. We'll learn more from a semi-active village lynch than even an inactive village lunch. Unless we know the inactive is elim (see point B), it's a bad idea.

15 minutes ago, EXPERIENCE said:

I'm still on the edge wether to change my vote to someone else. I could go either way, but I don't really understand the reasoning so far as to why or why not to vote someone who was inactive.

I’m having trouble myself. If he’s going to die anyway then we should spare someone we have little more than a hunch  on

Cycle 4: The Late Captain

[This time I will finish the writeup before closing the cycle... I hope]

Rulo Message:

I could be poetic, but I’ll leave that to my Ruloamigo. Aside from that, don’t trust people!

Rulo Message:

Ok, I now have some(hopefully) useful stuff. Last cycle I told DeTess and Godking that I was the Rulo. If I don't die this next cycle, they are pretty much cleared. If I am not lynched but am killed, then there is a good chance that at least one of those two are eliminators. If I happen to be lynched this cycle, then this won't really work, so just crossing my fingers that I'm not lynched.

Shanerockes died of hypothermia. He was a Trader

Sart was sacrificed to the mysteries. He was a Trader

Rathmaskal was lynched. He was a Seon Holder

Zillah (1): DeTess

Shanerockes (2): EXPERIENCE, The God King

Rathmaskal (3): Sart, Kynedath, Elandera

PMs are still open!

Player List

Spoiler

1. EXPERIENCE as Shard, that mysterious fellow no one seems to know anything about

2. Elandera a welcoming person

3. Xinoehp as as Yretsym one who is in tune with mysteries Trader

4. Ironfire as as Jester, Lord of Ineptitude

5. Devotary of Spontaneity as Jehen, whose distaste for the cold is overcome only by an irrational hatred of fire. Trader

6. Zillah who enjoys chaos and mystery

7. Kynedath as Ezira, good with a bow, awful with the ladies

8. The God King as Eheshao, a shrewd trader from Kae

9. Shanerockes as Shaney Boi who is here for the fun of it Trader

10. Rathmaskal who is 'in' in all the best ways Seon Holder

11. Sart as Captain Late Sign-Up. With his powers of procrastination, he'll save the day... eventually. Trader

12. DeTess as Lesa, a trader who really should have known better than to try and get a cargo through before the proper start of spring. 

13. A Joe in the Bush as Joe who is meeting new people Trader

14. Straw who ushers in the return of the cultists 

15. StrikerEZ as Shien, a man no one recognizes despite his claims to have studied at all the great universities of Arelon JinDo Soldier

16. Stink as Saotia who has traveled far and wide but will be spending the coming storm isolated in a room with us

10 hours ago, The_God_King said:

Well to get this started. last cycle was rather rough. @Ironfire@Zillah@Straw why did you hold off voting?

I had a vote placed on DeTess, however when I thought about it more I decided against it due to their activity levels. At that point I didn’t really know who to vote for without looking like I was just blindly stabbing or hopping on a bandwagon. That being said this cycle I’m likely putting my vote on The_God_King or Elandera. Mainly because when I think of them I can’t think of anything. Which is concerning. They’ve hidden from the spotlight quite well. 

So, here are my thoughts on some people as of now.

DeTess, GodKing: I'm pretty sure they are town because of PM's. Also they are some of the biggest contributors and I think that if they die then the thread will practically go silent.

Ironfire, Elandera: Slight elim feel. I probably would have voted on Ironfire earlier partially due to inactivity, but they are new so I hesitate. Elandera was the last person to vote on Rath.  @Elandera, is there a reason that you did this?

Everyone else: I'm not really sure about everyone else. People just haven't talked enough in thread for me to figure out much. Those of you who are barely talking in thread are just helping the eliminators by not giving us better information to lynch someone off of. 

Anyway, I went over about half the players last cycle, so lets do the other half this cycle.

Experience I'm leaning village on, but that's mostly just a gut-read based on our PM (if that was staged, btw, well done!). In thread there isn't really much of a way to tell their alignment, but they're involved and rather talkative too, so they aren't really a priority to lynch as far as I'm concerned.

Straw has been really light on info so far This was the reason for my vote on Straw D2, the fact that he gas been posting, but most posts have been completely NAI with little real content. I wouldn't mind lynching them properly over this, btw.

Elandera has been more involved, and though we haven't exactly agreed on a lot of stuff,  she has been putting reads out there, which should mean her alignment will resolve itself once we start finding some elims.

The_god_king is an elim and should be lynched this cycle.

Oh, that last statement actually needs some explanation, does it? :P 

I was approached in a PM by The_god_king last cycle, with him claiming to be a priest and having scanned me. So far so good. Unfortunately, he was the second person in as many cycles to make that claim to me, so it made me rather suspicious. I asked the other person who had claimed priest to scan The_god_king, and that person has just PM'd me to tell me that the_god_king flipped evil. I'm inclined to trust this person over TGK because I don't think this cycle is LYLO yet, so falsely clamming an elim scan result seems unwise. Even so, I will make sure to pass the identity of the priest on to someone I trust in case I am getting played and they're planning on killing me this cycle.

But yeah, tl;dr, TGK has been scanned as an elim and needs to be lynched.

It should also be noted that TGK claimed that Elandera was the other person they had scanned before me.

Edited by DeTess

So 9 players left. I’m think 3-4 elims. I’ll assume 3 for the sake of it. Otherwise we’re dead. If DeTess is mislead a mislynch tonight ends in 4 to 3. Assuming you kill the false seer after I’m dead you end up 3 to 2. All they have to do is mislead one village and the game ends. It’s not too early for a ploy like this. I don’t think we have a bodyguard anymore so a tactful miss by the elims probably isn’t possible. This is quite the move and DeTess’s seer must have earned some serious credibility to be trusted.

Eheshao was aghast, the accusation were insane. Soothsayers and ancient occult writings were only so good (Eheshao’s dice hadn’t been wrong so far and that was much more realistic then tracking the rhythm of someone’s steps). The cold seemed to call as more people gathered. Merciful Domi these people had blood in their eyes! In the back a shadowy figure seemed to be sitting back. Whispering things to Lesa. Before Eheshao could pick them out by process of elimination the figure was gone and all was accounted for. What madness was this! 

It's partly that, but also the fact that you lost quite a bit over this cycle, @The_God_King. I told you that Sart was the other person to be scanned by the seer, and they where killed last cycle. Your claim that you had also scanned Sart this last cycle also doesn't really work out if you were village, but makes perfect sense if you were an elim knowing that trouble was brewing and unwilling to give anything away.