Quick Fix 43: Mysteries in the Snow

Elkanah

LenKai looked back at the wall of ice and snow. Storms this late in the season were not unheard of, but the look of those clouds set fear in the heart. Traversing the mountainous region of Sel was difficult. Plenty of people die every year from starvation or exposure. Even experienced trappers had to be at least a little kayana to make your home up here. This storm looked more like the mountain was tired of dealing with those noisy neighbors and was ready to sweep them off.

LenKai returned gratefully back to the small inn that served as a trapping outpost. It didn't look like much, but it was sturdy and would withstand the storm... he hoped. As he entered he saw a room full of trappers and travelers alike all huddled against the storm and the biting chill brought on by the winds of the weather changing.

"Cheer up! This will be the last storm of the winter. I am LenKai, who are you?"

-----------------------------------------------

Welcome to Quick Fix 43! 

You are a group of travelers, trappers, and occultists just trying to survive the last snowstorm of winter in a Duladel trading outpost. This storm coming through would certainly mean death for any who ventured into it. Unfortunately, staying here may be just as deadly because not everyone trapped in the outpost is here for refuge from the storm.

Roles:

All players: You sought shelter in this waystop, but found no rest. Between the frozen snow and the murderous zealots, survival is up to you. Work together to find the Followers of Mysteries and force them outside where they will freeze to death. To do this, send a vote through your GM PM once during each cycle. This vote can be changed until the cycle ends, does not count as an action, and will be made public at the start of each cycle. Only final votes will be made public."

Follower of Mysteries: You will stop at nothing to learn the mysteries of Jesker. Each cycle you must send one vote for who to sacrifice to the GM (Elkanah) via your GM PM. This is in addition to your vote of who to throw out into the snow. The player with the most votes will be sacrificed to your mysterious purposes.

Priest of Jesker: You have seen these signs before. As tensions rise and signs begin to worsen, you alone know how to find the Followers of Mysteries. You may investigate one player each cycle to learn if they are a Follower of Mysteries.

Jindoese Soldier: You trained in the art of ChayShan from your youth and built up the strength to protect others. You may protect one player from Followers each cycle.

Rulo: You are the fool who got themself stuck in a trading outpost you had no business being in. You're a bit kayana, so each cycle you scratch a message in the wood somewhere in the outpost, too bored to sleep.

Seon Holder: The seon is a great tool for communication. As long as at least one Seon Holder is alive, there is no limit on PM's except they must include the GM.

Order of Actions:

Rulo Message 

Soldier

Lynch

Priest

Sacrifice

Additonal info:

This is a quick fix with 24 hour cycles. Day and night are combined.

Anyone who does not either talk to the outpost's owner (Elkanah), come to the community dinner meetings, or meet with other traders for two consecutive cycles will freeze to death in their room

The game will start when we have enough players or next Wednesday the 18th at 10 pm MDT (4 am GMT) whichever comes second. Sunday March 22 for sure.

Player List

Spoiler

1. Experience_The_Shard as Shard, that mysterious fellow no one seems to know anything about

2. Elandera a welcoming person

3. Xinoehp as as Yretsym one who is in tune with mysteries

4. Ironfire as as Jester, Lord of Ineptitude

5. Devotary of Spontaneity as Jehen, whose distaste for the cold is overcome only by an irrational hatred of fire.

6. Zillah who enjoys chaos and mystery

7. Kynedath as Ezira, good with a bow, awful with the ladies

8. The God King as Eheshao, a shrewd trader from Kae

9. Shanerockes as Shaney Boi who is here for the fun of it

10. Rathmaskal who is 'in' in all the best ways

11. Sart as Captain Late Sign-Up. With his powers of procrastination, he'll save the day... eventually.

12. DeTess as Lesa, a trader who really should have known better than to try and get a cargo through before the proper start of spring. 

13. A Joe in the Bush as Joe who is meeting new people

14. Straw who ushers in the return of the cultists

15. StrikerEZ as Shien, a man no one recognizes despite his claims to have studied at all the great universities of Arelon

16. Stink as Saotia who has traveled far and wide but will be spending the coming storm isolated in a room with us

Spec Doc

Spoiler

Alvron, a veteran cultist and master of mystery

Quick Links

Edited by Elandera
quicklinks

Snow whipped across Ratel's face as he stared at the outpost.  Twice before he had been here and both times he had left it stained in blood from the rafters to the basement.  He remembered his first time here, an old man driven near to madness by his time alone in the woods for years.  But he had made friends here.  Two friends who showed him the way.  By the time he left the outpost he was a young man again, his eyes unclouded for the first time in as long as he could remember.

His second time was even sweeter for this time he knew what he was doing.  He had mastered the art of ChayShan and lead the group.  Not only had they reveled in the slaughter but he managed to pick up an item of power.  One of far more importance than anyone realized.  The Heart of an Immortal.

After two successful missions here the Cultists had taken it as a sign.  They sent their new members here to test themselves against both the elements and the unsuspecting travelers trapped within the outpost.  Only those truly dedicated to the Mysteries would survive here while all others would perish in the bitter cold that awaited them if caught.

Ratel turned and headed deeper into the forest, the stinging wind and biting cold barely noticeable.

As much as I would love to join this game I sadly do not have the time. Ratel wishes the Cultists the best of luck.  And will be watching.

11 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

So the Jesker are sacrificing to the owner? :P

You are already unraveling the mysteries!  :ph34r: 

15 minutes ago, Alvron said:

As much as I would love to join this game I sadly do not have the time. Ratel wishes the Cultists the best of luck

Would you like a spec doc link?

Hey all! I'm super excited about starting this game and I can't thank you enough for your support. I'd like to have at least two more players to start the game and Ideally I'd have fourteen. So for any of you still sitting on the fence, I'd love to have you join. I'm willing to extend signups if that helps with anyone's availability, but if it still looks like no one will sign up, I can make ten players work.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and sign up. I've been missing playing, and I seem to have a lot more time than I used to. :P

Shien, the name of a man no one recognizes yet claims to have studied at all the great universities of Arelon.