The ultimate goal of the cosmere

Stonerunner

Question

I have a friend telling me that ultimately the cosmere is an overarching story of how one man (Hoid) goes on to become God by uniting all if the shards. He said it'll be similar to Harmony but on a larger scale. He also said that by collecting different types of investitures, this will ultimately allow him to re unite the shards into 1 vessel, himself. I've not been able to see or find anything to confirm or deny what he is telling me. Any help from you guys would be appreciated!

5 answers to this question

The standard theory is that he want to bring someone back from the dead(possibly his master Hoid).  There used to be a small chapter about Hoid and Frost where they discuss this.

Edited by Karger

As far as I know, the ultimate end of the Cosmere will concern Odium versus the other Shards (if that conflict is not resolved in Stormlight) or perhaps a sort of inter-Shard war, though this is just my thoughts. Hoid has refused a Shard, though, and I don't think that he will try to get possession of one (though that doesn't say anything about getting their type of investiture).