The time has come!

Invocation

I wonder how this will translate to the screen, especially if compressed down to movie length run time instead of some long serialized show format.

More than the screenplay aspect, I'd worry about the directorial aspect in terms of this being pulled off successfully. So much of how Allomancy is used is internal to the character and described with POV passages in the books and would not easily be "demonstrated" visually and externally, and constant voiceovers would be awful. It's a big part of what made the Dune movie from the 1980s incomprehensible to people watching it who had never read the books - it made no sense without the expository POV thoughts from the characters.

5 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

So does this mean the plot for a potential movie is getting made without other steps being finished, or has there been a director chosen and so on.

From State of the Sanderson we have

Note: read last year’s State of the Sanderson for more talk on what it takes to make a film or television show out of a novel. However, the biggest news here is that I’ve decided to try taking a more active role in getting some of these made. To that end, I’ve most specifically been working closer with Dan Mintz, the producer who is trying to get some Cosmere things made. See below.

STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE

I’ve offered Dan Mintz to do treatments for this myself, and he’s been very amenable. He and I have been working more closely together lately to see if we can make this happen.

MISTBORN

Considering maybe writing the screenplay on this myself. After speaking with Dan Mintz, we decided he would focus on spearheading Stormlight, and I would focus on spearheading Mistborn. So we’ll see what I decide to do.

At a guess, I think this will still be in the stage where they'll be waving their scripts at studios and trying to get interest?