what would happen to a computer in the CR?

Kalaksbreath

I was thinking more specifically what would happen to a computer if you tried to soulcast it and you gave the computer commands not to change could a soulcaster change the code in the computer or what impressions would you get form a computer with a good AI system in it.

21 minutes ago, Kalaksbreath said:

I was thinking more specifically what would happen to a computer if you tried to soulcast it and you gave the computer commands not to change could a soulcaster change the code in the computer or what impressions would you get form a computer with a good AI system in it.

Giving the computer commands versus an AI I believe are different things, though the result would be the same. WoB confirm an AI could gain sapience in the cosmere and have a cognitive presence/"soul". However, soulcasters are used to pushing through such natural investiture interference, and should still be able to soulcast it. 

I would think that since the programing would determine its function, different programs would result in their cognitive aspects different "personalities". So long as a soulcaster understood the program and not the computer then they could theoretically convince it to be soulcasted. For example: a computer used to run, say, architectural models would need to be convinced differently than a gaming computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic