Curse

Ascended

13 minutes ago, Ascended said:

Do we know what the curse of kind is that Axis the collector mentions?

He might mean immortality and sleeplessness although I do not recall such a quote.  If you are referring to Rysn saying that they were unlucky that is just superstition based on the blue skin and backwards shadow. 

Axies mentions it in reference to himself in WoK

When the Curse of Kind followed you, you learned to take what happened as it happened.

We don't know if this is something peculiar to Axies, to all Siah or all Aimians. A quick Arcanum check shows that nobody seems to have asked Brandon about it yet. Since the mention follows very shortly after Axies thinking how stories of 'his kind' had likely crept into the general knowledge it's probably related to the distinctive traits that can identify a Siah and how people react to him (hence his apparent unluckiness) but we really don't know.

• 5 months later...

There is a new WoB on that

Brandon Sanderson

Axies the Collector would probably be fine. We would just have a chat.

But bad luck follows him because of the Curse of Kind, so maybe not. Maybe I wouldn't want to be around Axies the Collector, he is channeling the wrong kind of Fortune. Channeling is not an actual term - don't take that and put it in the wiki. 

YouTube Livestream 6 (April 23, 2020)

proving that the Curse of Kind is it's own thing and not something metaphorical, like referring to his kind, the Aimians being seen as unholy by Rosharans. 

46 minutes ago, Honorless said:

There is a new WoB on that...

Axies the Collector ... bad luck follows him because of the Curse of Kind... Maybe I wouldn't want to be around Axies the Collector, he is channeling the wrong kind of Fortune.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Axies is literally blue, like physically so; and has got an actual curse, making him a focal point for the "wrong kind of Fortune"? Like being Born Under A Bad Sign?

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. You can't get much more blue than that, brother.

Edited by robardin