Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oltux72

How to kill the Cosmere

40 posts in this topic

So, how could you trigger doomsday?

Aons

Make an Aon that replicates itself.

Awakening

"Destroy everything but yourself" - the command you should not say making Nightblood II

Awakening & Hemalurgy

Make an artificial spike and watch mankind mutate itself into oblivion

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the conventional ways would probably work.  For magic systems I would recommend using a "devour everything" awakening command.  Or maybe a replicate yourself command.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Replicate and destroy" would be a good command.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

So, how could you trigger doomsday?

Aons

Make an Aon that replicates itself.

I am not sure that would work. Aons need an elantrian and intent. Aons created into a material for activation still have to be activated by an elantrian. Theoretically you could create and activate an aon to create another aon, but that new aon that was created could not activate on its own, and could not create another aon. Based on my understand that is. 

10 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Awakening

"Destroy everything but yourself" - the command you should not say making Nightblood II

Isn't that theoretically already nightblood since he does not know what evil is? And the question could be what is everything, and why is nightblood 2 exempt? What is different about everything else from nightblood 2 for it to know to destroy? Basically how does it differentiate everything from itself?

10 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Awakening & Hemalurgy

Make an artificial spike and watch mankind mutate itself into oblivion

Do you mean awaken a hemalurgic spike? If so, I believe we have WoB that that would not work. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I am not sure that would work. Aons need an elantrian and intent. Aons created into a material for activation still have to be activated by an elantrian. Theoretically you could create and activate an aon to create another aon, but that new aon that was created could not activate on its own, and could not create another aon. Based on my understand that is. 

Aons are just programs.  You just need to find the right combination of aons that creates a sort of artificial elantrian.  Yeah it would be really complicated but it should be doable. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Karger said:

Aons are just programs.  You just need to find the right combination of aons that creates a sort of artificial elantrian.  Yeah it would be really complicated but it should be doable. 

I do not think it is, but as we have no information showing in either direction, to each their own. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Aons

Make an Aon that replicates itself

yeah but wouldn't they stop working outside of Arelon?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DiePie said:

yeah but wouldn't they stop working outside of Arelon?

Ways around that exists they are just difficult to implement.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karger said:

Ways around that exists they are just difficult to implement.

what happens when the replicating Aon breaks those ways by accident :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Halyo_Alex said:

what happens when the replicating Aon breaks those ways by accident :P

Other way around.  What happens when the replicating aon figures out how to break those ways.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karger said:

Other way around.  What happens when the replicating aon figures out how to break those ways.

So you're suggesting this complex Aon program becomes self-aware and such, like a rogue general artificial intelligence?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Halyo_Alex said:

So you're suggesting this complex Aon program becomes self-aware and such, like a rogue general artificial intelligence?

Or just figure out how to manipulate connection like a virus evolving to get past barriers to growth.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shades: lock Nightblood in an Aluminum room and let shades from Threnody out on every shardworld

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

Shades: lock Nightblood in an Aluminum room and let shades from Threnody out on every shardworld

the reason this hasn't happened yet afaik is the same reason spren can't leave roshar despite being mostly CR beings and walking to another planet's CR. Their Connection to their home planet limits their ability to leave because they.... lack physical form? Something... Idk if it's been explained via WoB.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

the reason this hasn't happened yet afaik is the same reason spren can't leave roshar despite being mostly CR beings and walking to another planet's CR. Their Connection to their home planet limits their ability to leave because they.... lack physical form? Something... Idk if it's been explained via WoB.

The IRE have anti shade measures so I don't think so.  Perhaps shades just prefer to stick around where they died.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Karger said:

The IRE have anti shade measures so I don't think so.  Perhaps shades just prefer to stick around where they died.

Also didn't they put Silver around the border of Threnody's CR? I feel like they would...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Halyo_Alex said:

Also didn't they put Silver around the border of Threnody's CR? I feel like they would...

Objects in the CR don't always stay were you put them. Also every time a shade runs up against silver they destroy a bit of it so it would need to be constantly checked and replaced.  Finally CR shades might be able to fly or go through things like Kelseir does so that kind of thing might not work. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Karger said:

Objects in the CR don't always stay were you put them. Also every time a shade runs up against silver they destroy a bit of it so it would need to be constantly checked and replaced.  Finally CR shades might be able to fly or go through things like Kelseir does so that kind of thing might not work. 

Alright, fair enough. Seems reasonable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How to kill the cosmere? Combine the shards Ruin and Ambition or Ruin and Odium.  That'd probably get it done quick.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

Shades: lock Nightblood in an Aluminum room and let shades from Threnody out on every shardworld

There are other things that eat investiture. Not just nightblood, so theoretically larkin and other creatures could eat shades. 

32 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

the reason this hasn't happened yet afaik is the same reason spren can't leave roshar despite being mostly CR beings and walking to another planet's CR. Their Connection to their home planet limits their ability to leave because they.... lack physical form? Something... Idk if it's been explained via WoB.

I believe it is as you say where shades as of the time of Silence are stuck to Threnody for the reason you stated. However Cognitive shadows can learn to leave their planet and as the time of the IRE, Nazh seems to think that becoming a shade is a traditional and honored practice. So theoretically shades that Nazh knows of are more sapient, and can accomplish more. Now whether the Evil changed that, or something else happened is a giant question mark. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nuatoma said:

How to kill the cosmere? Combine the shards Ruin and Ambition or Ruin and Odium.  That'd probably get it done quick.

The only reason this might work is because Ruin is one of the shards in both of your examples, implying that Sazed no longer holds both Ruin and Preservation. Without another vessel holding multiple shards (that we know of yet), either of those shard combinations could probably do the job.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stab Brandon repeatedly.

Now seriously Capture Hoid Mutilate his no-kill taboo out of him somehow, make his b.a.c. 100, give him literal tons of LSD and the shards Odium, Ruin, Devotion, Ambition, and Dominion. Finally sit back with popcorn and watch insanity.  

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone could figure out what the storms a Dawnshard is and what kinda power it holds you could probably use one of those. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Renarin Kholin said:

The only reason this might work is because Ruin is one of the shards in both of your examples, implying that Sazed no longer holds both Ruin and Preservation. Without another vessel holding multiple shards (that we know of yet), either of those shard combinations could probably do the job.

Yup, which is why I suggested Ruin enhanced with either odium or ambition.  The thread isn't asking how plausible or easy it would be.  Nothing would be easy when creating a doomsday scenario.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 0:17 PM, Pathfinder said:

Isn't that theoretically already nightblood since he does not know what evil is? And the question could be what is everything, and why is nightblood 2 exempt? What is different about everything else from nightblood 2 for it to know to destroy? Basically how does it differentiate everything from itself? 

It’s not really the same...? Nightblood clearly understands both the concepts of itself and I would assume of ‘everything’; evil, being a much more subjective concept that doesn’t have a physical form, is definitely different from ‘literally just keep going and destroy everything except for you’. Nightblood knows the language; it knows the word evil, it just doesn’t know what evil is supposed to be exactly, which is understandable considering that we humans usually can’t decide either. So it wouldn’t be a stretch to say an Awakened object could know what everything is. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.