The Knights Bakery

Welcome to the Knights Bakery!

Life Before Death

Cake Before Weakness

Journey Before Pies

We use sugarlight to fuel our surges, and strive to destroy the Voidburners.

The orders we have so far...

Pastrysmiths

Spoiler

Oaths: 

“I will layer butter instead of mixing. I will bring flour, sugar, and eggs together.”

“I will take responsibility for the things I have baked. If I must fall, I will rise each time a better Pastry Chef.”

Surges: ???, ???

Spren: ???

Spiceweavers

Spoiler

They speak no oaths past the first. They must speak truths about their cooking failures 

Spren: Cinnamonspren

Doughshapers

Spoiler

Oaths:

Flourexploders

Spoiler

Oaths:

"I shall put frosting above all else."

Surges: Dusting, Frosting

Cakesmiths

Spoiler

Oaths:

Ovenwatchers

Spoiler

Oaths:

"I will watch for proper browning. Never shall something burn in the oven beneath my gaze."

Surges:

Heat: heating parts of or your entire body to extreme temperatures or taking the heat away. It does not harm your body. It can only be used in your body or directly on the surface

Timing: It causes time to move faster around unbaked goods. It also causes more even heating within said time bubble.

Spren: Soufflespren

Levencallers

Spoiler

Oaths:

"I will allow baked goods to raise for the proper amount of time"

Spren: Yeastspren

Chocolateward

Spoiler

Oaths:

"We shall ensure that all chocolate is made equal.”

"I will provide sugar and help to anyone, over my own desires."

"I will go without if someone else needs it more."

"I will starve before I let my loved ones die."

Surges:

Heat (better name possibly pending?) - heating parts of or your entire body to extreme temperatures or taking the heat away. It does not harm your body. It can only be used in your body or directly on the surface (think Slicking for Edgedancers).  

Flavor - allows you to sense the inner qualities of something with a look; i.e. knowing something’s taste or the emotions someone feels 

Spren: Chipspren; when in motion, appear as a ribbon of melted chocolate; when still, appear as people molded from chocolate; physically unable to touch anyone or anything, are repelled about an inch away (imagine two opposite magnets being pressed together).

Vanillacallers

Spoiler

Oaths:

"I will ensure all ingredients are used in the correct proportions."

Surges:

Proportion: The ability to know what amount of a certain ingredient will have what effect (E.g. what amount of butter to use in their cookie dough). This is a skill that must be honed over time, and first ideal Vanillacallers often struggle with this surge.

Flavor: This surge allows Vanillacallers to see all combinations of flavors, and which ones would tastes good/bad while baking. They must focus on however many flavors they are thinking of combining, however, and this takes much focus and much sugarlight.

Spren:

Tastebreakers

Spoiler

Oaths:

2nd- I will judge by taste, until I find a better method.

3rd- This is the oath were they decide which method they will judge food by. An example would be: I will judge food by the laws of healthiness.

4th- For this oath, the Knight swears to either invent a new method of cooking, or to destroy a flawed method. An example: I swear to destroy the overuse of sugar in everything.

5th- I will judge food by my own decision, I am the author of the cookbook.

Surges:

Divination: Allows them to see all of the ingredients in a food and then they can use.

Illumination: To show people to show what the food is really like.

Spren: Bakespren

Edited by ToaCalune

10 hours ago, Lunamor said:

I claim the patronship(?) of the Flourexploders. Our second ideal shall be “I shall put frosting above all else”. We shall have the surges of Dusting and Frosting. We care not for the cake, only for the icing.

LOL! I love it!

So last night I couldn’t sleep, and, well, can you dump all this in the Chocolatewards? :P 

Spoiler

Surges: 

• Flavor - allows you to sense the inner qualities of something with a look; i.e. knowing something’s taste or the emotions someone feels 
  • Heat (better name possibly pending?) - heating parts of or your entire body to extreme temperatures or taking the heat away. Does not harm your body. Can only be used in your body or directly on the surface (think Slicking for Edgedancers). 

Ideals: (with room for self-expression as long as the general spirit is met) 

• First Ideal - “Life before death, cake before weakness, journey before pies.” 
  • Second Ideal - “I will give chocolate to everyone I can.” 
  • Third Ideal - “I will provide sugar and help to anyone, over my own desires.” 
  • Fourth Ideal - “I will go without if someone else needs it more.” 
  • Fifth Ideal - “I will starve before I let my loved ones die.” 

Spren: Chipspren; when in motion, appear as a ribbon of melted chocolate; when still, appear as people molded from chocolate; physically unable to touch anyone or anything, are repelled about an inch away (imagine two opposite magnets being pressed together). 

Resonance: The Chocolatewards pick up new skills quicker than most. Not supernaturally quick, but they’re some of the quickest among normal human metrics. 

Information: The Chocolatewards are an extremely selfless order, giving as much as they can even if it hurts them. They often fill the role of whoever gets to interact with others most in their jobs, selling at bakery counters or driving distribution trucks. They’re hard workers and don’t usually complain. 

I may or may not have started building a character, just in case this turns into an RP... 

Edit: Or we could use @Kelsier'sGodComplex‘s Second Ideal? Or both 

Edit #2: Also, because why not, I’m suggesting the names Voidburners and Sugarlight. 

Edited by AonEne

7 hours ago, AonEne said:

So last night I couldn’t sleep, and, well, can you dump all this in the Chocolatewards? :P 

Reveal hidden contents

Surges: 

• Flavor - allows you to sense the inner qualities of something with a look; i.e. knowing something’s taste or the emotions someone feels 
  • Heat (better name possibly pending?) - heating parts of or your entire body to extreme temperatures or taking the heat away. Does not harm your body. Can only be used in your body or directly on the surface (think Slicking for Edgedancers). 

Ideals: (with room for self-expression as long as the general spirit is met) 

• First Ideal - “Life before death, cake before weakness, journey before pies.” 
  • Second Ideal - “I will give chocolate to everyone I can.” 
  • Third Ideal - “I will provide sugar and help to anyone, over my own desires.” 
  • Fourth Ideal - “I will go without if someone else needs it more.” 
  • Fifth Ideal - “I will starve before I let my loved ones die.” 

Resonance: The Chocolatewards pick up new skills quicker than most. Not supernaturally quick, but they’re some of the quickest among normal human metrics. 

Information: The Chocolatewards are an extremely selfless order, giving as much as they can even if it hurts them. They often fill the role of whoever gets to interact with others most in their jobs, selling at bakery counters or driving distribution trucks. They’re hard workers and don’t usually complain. 

I may or may not have started building a character, just in case this turns into an RP... 

Edit: Or we could use @Kelsier'sGodComplex‘s Second Ideal? Or both 

Edit #2: Also, because why not, I’m suggesting the names Voidburners and Sugarlight. 

YES! I am literally crying right now!

I am so down for an RP. It has been years since I have done anything of the sort.

4 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

May I found the order of the Vanillacallers? We have the surges of Flavor and Proportion. 

Our second ideal is: “I will ensure all ingredients are used in the correct proportions”

(Which is kind of ironic for me actually, because I never pay attention to proportions when I cook). 

Also yes.

35 minutes ago, ToaCalune said:

YES! I am literally crying right now! 

I am so down for an RP. It has been years since I have done anything of the sort. 

Wait, really? Um...thank you? :lol: 

Anyone else interested? 

Sweetnessspren are the spren of the order of cake smiths.  Our sacred oaths are as follows.  No cake without frosting, no meal without dessert, no bakery with healthy options.

Our order's surges are the surge of refrost and the surge of yeast.  The surge of refrost correctly adds frosting or other decoration as the dessert's spiritual aspect demands.  The surge of yeast makes baked goods rise from mere shadows of themselves to full fleged desserts.

Edited by Karger

This is the order of the Tastebreakers:

Spoiler

Oaths:

1st- life before death, cake before weakness, journey before pies.

2nd- I will judge by taste, until I find a better method.

3rd- This is the oath were they decide which method they will judge food by. An example would be: I will judge food by the laws of healthiness.

4th- For this oath, the Knight swears to either invent a new method of cooking, or to destroy a flawed method. An example: I swear to destroy the overuse of sugar in everything.

5th- I will judge food by my own decision, I am the author of the cookbook.

Spren: Bakespren.

Surges: Divination and Illumination

Divination allows them to see all of the ingredients in a food and then they can use Illumination to show people to show what the food is really like.

The surges of the Vanillacallers:

Proportion: The ability to know what amount of a certain ingredient will have what effect (E.g. what amount of butter to use in their cookie dough). This is a skill that must be honed over time, and first ideal Vanillacallers often struggle with this surge.

Flavor: This surge allows Vanillacallers to see all combinations of flavors, and which ones would tastes good/bad while baking. They must focus on however many flavors they are thinking of combining, however, and this takes much focus and much... sugarlight? Did we come up with our version of stormlight yet? 

As such, they tend to be almost scientific in their baking methods, carefully crafting the perfect recipes and carrying them out in minute detail. They do not care for such things as decoration or the appearance of their baked goods, which may lead to some conflict with other orders.