Is it possible to truely capture a Raidiant

Frustration

10 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

but you use it non-stop for clothes and other things how are they not out

A few ways for this.

1. Charge travelers stormlight for goods. Any travelers (Example Azure/Vivenna) that go to the physical realm then want to go home will have to participate in the economy. Grabbing stormlight in the physical realm is pretty easy, and gives the travellers an easier time traveling through the CR.

2. Almost all stormlight is stored in perfect gemstones which don't leak. (As we see in Oathbringer. Chapter 102 I believe.) Stormlight that is brought in is almost always immediately traded in for "stormlight credits" as I am calling them. They work like banknotes or gold certificates did in the real world. At any time you can trade it in for the real thing. There is just more risk in CR because most gemstones leak.

17 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

how are things like the chain and painting so expensive yet talked about by the spren as if cheap?

As Syl says in Oathbringer, (Same chapter as above.) the prices are based on how permanent the things are in the CR. Also, people selling wares always want you to think that you are getting a bargain even as they bleed you dry.

Also, my brother just told me that the painting used to be in the Court of Gods. If that is true, then interplanetary trade would naturally increase the price tag.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:22 PM, Booknerd said:

Can a full Raidiant, 5th ideal truely be captured, say that their Oaths won't be broken by escaping would it be possible?

Edit to everyone asking I saying is there a prison that a fifth Ideal Raidiant can't escape.

Unlikely, though I would assume Odium or the Unmade would be able to form it through keeping their spren away.

Once they are of the Fifth Ideal they will always have access to at least a Shardblade, that makes any real physical prison virtually impossible to hold them.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:12 PM, RShara said:

As long as you deprive them of Stormlight, they're powerless.

At first sight yes, but they would still be able to summon their spren as a Shardblade or other tool. Ultimately you would have to frighten their spren away, which though possible I expect, may be extremely difficult.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:14 PM, Karger said:

Are you asking if a radiant can get out of any prison?  The answer to that seem like a no.  Suspend them in a cage several hundred feet in the air without any stormlight.  Make the box out of aluminum. 

When thinking of a Fifth Ideal Radiant on Roshar. Aluminum to my knowledge would not harm them or the important key, keep their spren away. As long as they can summon their Shardblade or whatever tool they require, they could get out. And with plate would make it possible for them to climb down useing their "Shardblade" tool.

Edited by Khokh Linil

Of course, that all being said. If you could keep a Radiant heavily drugged or finding some other way to keep their minds from fully realizing what is going on you could arguably keep them in prison as long as you keep away Stormlight. That way they have no way to ever try and find a way to get out. A Fifth Ideal Radiant though would probably not be worth the trouble when all is said and done.

15 minutes ago, Khokh Linil said:

When thinking of a Fifth Ideal Radiant on Roshar. Aluminum to my knowledge would not harm them or the important key, keep their spren away. As long as they can summon their Shardblade or whatever tool they require, they could get out. And with plate would make it possible for them to climb down useing their "Shardblade" tool.

Aluminum actually could keep their spren away. 

4 minutes ago, Karger said:

Aluminum actually could keep their spren away. 

Assuming that the bars are small enough a shapeshifter couldn't fit through and shardplate can break aluminum and then they can summon it once outside.

9 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

Assuming that the bars are small enough a shapeshifter couldn't fit through and shardplate can break aluminum and then they can summon it once outside.

Airtight Al box for spren.

36 minutes ago, Emerald_Mage said:

Burn bronze? Worked for the inquisitors. :P

In all seriousness though, would burning bronze let you detect a spren? I heard a WoB that said a seeker would be able to hear the rhythms.

Maybe with Dur-aluminum you could see the Spren but then you have to trap it using only aluminum as a catching system.

1 hour ago, Khokh Linil said:

Except if it was airtight on the Radiant, how can you keep them alive? And for the spren, how can you get it in a box?

You trick the radiant into summoning a blade then knock them on the head and put it in the box.  Alternatively have your own spren kidnap (sprennap?) them.

• Chaos locked this topic