Is it possible to truely capture a Raidiant

Frustration

Can a full Raidiant, 5th ideal truely be captured, say that their Oaths won't be broken by escaping would it be possible?

Edit to everyone asking I saying is there a prison that a fifth Ideal Raidiant can't escape.

Edited by Booknerd

49 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

Can a full Raidiant, 5th ideal truely be captured, say that their Oaths won't be broken by escaping would it be possible?

Are you asking if a radiant can get out of any prison?  The answer to that seem like a no.  Suspend them in a cage several hundred feet in the air without any stormlight.  Make the box out of aluminum. 

1 hour ago, Booknerd said:

I don't quite understand your question. But do you want to know if a Radiant swears the 5th ideal can they break their oaths? 

31 minutes ago, Karger said:

Are you asking if a radiant can get out of any prison?  The answer to that seem like a no.  Suspend them in a cage several hundred feet in the air without any stormlight.  Make the box out of aluminum. 

Shard plate can break that, and enable them to survive the fall. With blade and plate they can get out of all confines I can think of Stormlight only makes it easier to escape but I can't think of anything regardless.

4 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

Shard plate can break that, and enable them to survive the fall. With blade and plate they can get out of all confines I can think of Stormlight only makes it easier to escape but I can't think of anything regardless.

You might be able to take away the Radiant's blade by somehow them from their spren. I don't know how/if you can do this but it's just a theory.

3 minutes ago, FantasyFanitic said:

You might be able to take away the Radiant's blade by somehow them from their spren. I don't know how/if you can do this but it's just a theory.

Then they wouldn't be Raidiant, and besides, the only way I know you could use at that point is to kill them.

6 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

Then they wouldn't be Raidiant, and besides, the only way I know you could use at that point is to kill them.

Well say for instance you somehow separated their spren by capturing it on Shadesmar? And then separating the Radiant (kinda of what happened with Kal and Sly in WoR).

Edited by FantasyFanitic

Suspend them in a large box of aluminum, with chains of aluminum Soulcast into the rock that anchor it being held above a void (potentially in the ruins of Rathalas) with less than a fridge's worth a space on the inside for them to move around in, while on the Cognitive side you do something similar to their spren except by dropping them into the beads with a manacle or concrete on their feet so they can't get back up. The spren won't die, so they're still Radiant, but there wouldn't be enough room to summon their Blade, not to mention the distance making that difficult, and not even enough space for their Plate to make a major difference, should they actually be able to don it at all. 

1 hour ago, Booknerd said:

Shard plate can break that, and enable them to survive the fall

Shardplate could break that but it would not allow them to survive the fall.  Dalinar explains to Adolin that antishardbearer systems include making them fall and crack their plate.  High enough and it shatters and kills the radiant.  Heck Aluminum shackles might prevent proper plate manifestation and then normal prison+aluminum walls would work.

2 hours ago, Karger said:

Shardplate could break that but it would not allow them to survive the fall.  Dalinar explains to Adolin that antishardbearer systems include making them fall and crack their plate.  High enough and it shatters and kills the radiant.  Heck Aluminum shackles might prevent proper plate manifestation and then normal prison+aluminum walls would work.

Gibbeting with an extremely tight cage. You have to put the aluminium so close to his skin that summoning any plate is prevented. The odds of long term survival are low.

10 hours ago, Karger said:

Dalinar survives a fall of hundreds of feet with dead plate.

11 hours ago, Invocation said:

Suspend them in a large box of aluminum, with chains of aluminum Soulcast into the rock that anchor it being held above a void (potentially in the ruins of Rathalas) with less than a fridge's worth a space on the inside for them to move around in, while on the Cognitive side you do something similar to their spren except by dropping them into the beads with a manacle or concrete on their feet so they can't get back up. The spren won't die, so they're still Radiant, but there wouldn't be enough room to summon their Blade, not to mention the distance making that difficult, and not even enough space for their Plate to make a major difference, should they actually be able to don it at all. 

getting the spren separate from the Raidiant would be a lot easier if you know, they could be touched.

1 minute ago, Booknerd said:

Dalinar survives a fall of hundreds of feet with dead plate.

In stages.  He crashes through several levels in doing so and his plate is almost gone by the time he gets there.  Just a little farther and he would be dead.

Just now, Karger said:

In stages.  He crashes through several levels in doing so and his plate is almost gone by the time he gets there.  Just a little farther and he would be dead.

Were talking Live plate here in the visions Radiants landed at speed without a second thought.

2 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

Were talking Live plate here in the visions Radiants landed at speed without a second thought.

So?  It still has limits.  Enough damage and it will break just like anything else.  We don't know the limits of live plate.  Also I think the radiant themselves took the damage and then summoned plate and they likely were falling from a specific height they new would not strain things.

The question is basically can we capture their spren. I don't think we know enough about the Cognitive realm yet to know yet though.

11 hours ago, Invocation said:

on the Cognitive side you do something similar to their spren except by dropping them into the beads with a manacle or concrete on their feet so they can't get back up.

Couldn't they still transition to the physical realm?

1 minute ago, Karger said:

So?  It still has limits.

Yes, but how much? it would not be feasible to hold them hundreds of feet in the air.

32 minutes ago, Lucky MOPper said:

Couldn't they still transition to the physical realm?

Doubt it. With an anchoring block that had a significant enough aluminum content to have them trapped (which wouldn't be too hard, I'd think).

43 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

getting the spren separate from the Raidiant would be a lot easier if you know, they could be touched.

That is why I specified on the Cognitive side of things. Lure the Radiant and spren over temporarily, bag the spren (aluminum again), shove the Radiant back through the perpendicularity. Of course you could just keep the Radiant on that side as well and imprison them there, since there's not really a difference in that regard to Physical vs Cognitive.