Ask an idiot anything

Retrac

43 minutes ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

Here is a question.

A very hard one. I will not be surprised if you cannot answer it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Why?

Spoiler

why what

34 minutes ago, ToaCalune said:

How did you first discover the shard?

I have actually known about the shard for a while. I was reading through the coppermind a year or 2 ago and clicked the link to come here. I never made an account because I didn't have a reason to, but now I time so I figured why not.

2 hours ago, Retrac said:

Yes for the first question. Idk for the second, I was going to say yes but I reread it and now dont know so... For example if I were to break like a bone. If it was a major bone I would change. My personality will change. I love to swim, take that away from me and I become someone else. More depressed and can get angy easy. Another example is psychological. If someone were to go through a dramatic experiance it will change them mentaly. Break ups will change someone. If your get abandond your mentality will change also.

Mmmmmk. So you think that every time your personality changes you become a distinctly different person? How would you distinguish it from death, in that case? Or is it the same and you're OK with dying essentially every moment?

2 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Mmmmmk. So you think that every time your personality changes you become a distinctly different person? How would you distinguish it from death, in that case? Or is it the same and you're OK with dying essentially every moment?

So yes your personality changes you change slightly. But most changes are hard to notice so your not really dying as much as your "evolving" or changing. Death would be if you become an entirely different person because of changes. And It wouldn't really be dead. Like for example:Vin changes lots over her books. She goes from not trusting anyone to trusting people. More or less. She doesn't really so much as die as she does change. Death in this case would be if she suddenly loved to be around people and talk to them and trusted people easy. Now if she became that overtime thats one thing, not deat. But yes I'm ok with that. Do you follow?

• 5 weeks later...

Why the self-deprecation? "ask an idiot anything", "because some of us (men)  are stupid so even little thing amaze us", in synonym game you used idiot as a synonym for men

Men are awesome, though I may be biased, being both from that team and batting for that team

12 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Why the self-deprecation? "ask an idiot anything", "because some of us (men)  are stupid so even little thing amaze us", in synonym game you used idiot as a synonym for men

Men are awesome, though I may be biased, being both from that team and batting for that team

Men are awesome. I know being one myself But I'm always trying to put myself in my place. If I don't beat myself down I'll be someone/something I don't want to be. Let me explain. I feel like I could be that cocky person who thinks there better than everyone. To avoid being that I put myself below everyone. I also know why I'm on earth. I'm here to help other people get through their trials and their pain. I can't really do that unless I view myself as an equal or below them. 

Also in synonym game I think I used stupid as a synonym for men. Because sometimes we think with our guts before our head. Or at least some of us do. 

Am I making sense? I always have to ask this because normaly I have so many things going through my head at once(stupid ADHD) and I definatly could explain this better with hand actions.

Edited by Retrac

2 hours ago, Retrac said:

Also in synonym game I think I used stupid as a synonym for men. Because sometimes we think with our guts before our head. Or at least some of us do. 

That's only a flaw if your gut makes mistakes. B)

5 hours ago, Retrac said:

I feel like I could be that cocky person who thinks there better than everyone. To avoid being that I put myself below everyone. I also know why I'm on earth. I'm here to help other people get through their trials and their pain. I can't really do that unless I view myself as an equal or below them. 

Am I making sense? 

You made sense to me! 

But remember, you’re also here to experience and to be happy yourself. It’s good to not put yourself above others, but putting yourself below them is giving yourself less than you deserve. We are all equals, and we (minus the people who specifically cause others pain on purpose etc.) are all amazing, including you. I’m not saying stop what you’re doing, because being humble is a good thing and you know yourself best, but your explanation here alone proves you’re not an idiot. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

How are you?

Red hooded sweatshirt?

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

How many waffles do you think you could fit in your (or your parents') car?

Oranges or strawberries?

Aviators or Wayfarers?

Cookie?

What are you currently reading?

Tired.

Ony if the sweatshirt is also red.

At the moment its Wayne.

Depends. Eggo waffles I would say well over 2,000.

Strawberries.

I don't wear either.

Snickerdoodle.

I just finished the Licanius series so at the moment nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah ok that sounds like a good idea.

No I don't watch anime. My friends do and it drives me crazy. TV shows yes and no. I do when I have one to watch. I finished Modern Family and don't have anything else to watch.