Hello!

Irishlawyer

Hi, I'm new here (clearly).  I just finished Warbreaker this week, which completes the entire Cosmere for me, for now, although I definitely have to re-read several of the books now.  I've been doing a lot of wiki deep dives over the past couple weeks, and I'm excited to join all of the theory crafting & discussions that go on here.

16 hours ago, Irishlawyer said:

Hi, I'm new here (clearly).  I just finished Warbreaker this week, which completes the entire Cosmere for me, for now, although I definitely have to re-read several of the books now.  I've been doing a lot of wiki deep dives over the past couple weeks, and I'm excited to join all of the theory crafting & discussions that go on here.

Ooooh, there're so many rabbit holes to go down on the Coppermind :)

On 3/1/2020 at 10:35 PM, Dreamer said:

Welcome to the Shard, @Irishlawyer! Favourite moments from the books? 

Oh man, let's see (This is a spoiler for all Cosmere books in no particular order, here goes):

Spoiler

Stormlight: Dalinar choosing to give up his Blade for Bridge Four, ultimately subverting expectations of both Kaladin & myself. 

Mistborn: Just beginning the books, knowing absolutely nothing about Sanderson & the Cosmere, learning how Allomancy works, and how invigorating Sanderson's writing felt.  

Emperor's Soul: The explanations of Forgery, and into how people's characters & personalities slowly shift & change over the course of their lives. 

And thanks for the welcome!  I'm excited to be a part of this awesome community.