Are the worlds in the Cosmere globes?

FantasyFanatic

Question

9 answers to this question

Yes. It's theoretically possible for something really funky to exist if Adonalsium or a Shard wanted it to but in general worlds in the Cosmere form the same as they do in our universe. The most extreme it gets is Roshar (whose moons aren't stable in the long term) and Taldain (also unstable across astronomical timespans) which bear the touch of Adonalsium but are stable enough on the timeframe that Brandon is concerned with.

Edited by Weltall

Scadrial and Roshar are confirmed normal spherical planets within their respective series. The rest like Sel, Nalthis, etc also got confirmed as spherical via the Arcanum Unbounded. The Cosmere has some strange astronomical phenomenon but no space whales (or elephants or turtles), no flatearths.

If such things exist in the Cosmere, we haven't seen them yet. 

Technically speaking, the only habitable land on Ashyn is comprised of Ringworld-esque arcologies, but even they are orbiting the planet Ashyn, which conforms to the spherical model.  And really that's the only exception I can think of.  

I specifically asked Brandon this question with reference to Roshar at a WoR signing, and he said that Roshar is a globe or sphere.

I was a bit disappointed because I had this theory that - even if all the other Cosmere worlds were normal (spheroid) planets - that Roshar might be a plane, and that it may have been created that way specifically so that the big-battle-for-Adonalsium could be fought there.

But, as usual, I was wrong.

This thread makes me glad, knowing that I'm not the only one who's thinking of these things.:)

On 3/2/2020 at 3:02 PM, Landis963 said:

Technically speaking, the only habitable land on Ashyn is comprised of Ringworld-esque arcologies, but even they are orbiting the planet Ashyn, which conforms to the spherical model.  And really that's the only exception I can think of.  

There's still life on the surface of Ashyn.

well, its hinted at by Khriss.

Edited by Eternal Khol