Scenes we are waiting for

Ixthos

Just now, Nameless said:

*Cough* Reshi greatshells *cough*

Are cooler then Chasmfiends but Kandra are still pretty wild.  Immortal shapeshifters that eat people to become them.  Also how exactly are you going to move a Reshi greatshell to Cultivation's perpendicularity?  And how does the fact that something else that is cool exists diminish the coolness of the thing I am talking about?  Things are cool because they are unfamiliar or novel.  I doubt you give any thought to electricity.  I also fail to see why you continue to comment.

53 minutes ago, Karger said:

Are cooler then Chasmfiends but Kandra are still pretty wild.  Immortal shapeshifters that eat people to become them.  Also how exactly are you going to move a Reshi greatshell to Cultivation's perpendicularity?  And how does the fact that something else that is cool exists diminish the coolness of the thing I am talking about?  Things are cool because they are unfamiliar or novel.  I doubt you give any thought to electricity.  I also fail to see why you continue to comment.

Shapeshifting and/or disguising as someone else would be cool to the Rosharans, I'm just saying that the Rosharans have things similar to Kandra, if not quite as good at they are, so things that are completely original would be more effective. For example, a steel-ferring would probably be more wowing to Rosharans.

• 2 weeks later...

A Scadrian would have an absolute field day on Roshar. Partnering with a metallurgist Elsecaller/Lightweaver (or just Jasnah) would let them produce all the metals they could ever need incredibly cheaply. Imagine an iron compounder going on a cultural exchange to Urithiru. They'd probably give the Windrunners a, well, run for their money, through all of the weight manipulating and Ironpulling shenanigans which they could, uh, pull. Meanwhile a steel compounder would love the Edgedancers. 

I wonder if it would be an actually viable way of powering Nightblood for an extended period of time while on Roshar. You get your Elsecaller friend to whip you up a kilo of metal shavings trivially, and then keep chugging while you run around with Nightblood. 

Some have already been said, but:

• Adolin becoming an Edgedance and trying to learn his surges from Lyft. 
  • Conversation between Hoid and Rayse. 
  • Surgebinders in the last Mistborn Era. 
  • Sazed and Odium conversation, with just Sazed subtlety flexing. 
  •  A small thing compared to most of things in here, but the thing I'm most pumped for is Taln's book. I think the first Herald book is going to be a big turning point, and I'm stoked it's Taln.  

On 09/04/2020 at 10:59 PM, Kered said:
  • Adolin becoming an Edgedance and trying to learn his surges from Lyft. 

Okay I know you're being serious here but I'm struggling not to laugh right now... Lyft is the ridesharing company that competes with Uber. Lift is the Edgedancer who hates starving — er, starvin'. 

And tbh I think Adolin would be a really fantastic Edgedancer. I feel like he often undersells his own abilities with Shardblade and -plate because of his father, but Adolin has the sort of grace and elegance which would let him make amazing use of Abrasion, and he has a solid Edgedancer spirit, too. 

seeing braize in general

hoid doing anything

renarin realizing he is amazing 

figuring out how the planes were shattered 

Galladon meeting hoid

and last but not least im excited for Moash and his arch. I dont think he's gonna have a redemption and I dont want him to because he's a great villain... hes what kaladin would have been without syl to save him and I love him for it.

On 4/13/2020 at 7:53 PM, Staenbridge said:

Okay I know you're being serious here but I'm struggling not to laugh right now... Lyft is the ridesharing company that competes with Uber. Lift is the Edgedancer who hates starving — er, starvin'. 

And tbh I think Adolin would be a really fantastic Edgedancer. I feel like he often undersells his own abilities with Shardblade and -plate because of his father, but Adolin has the sort of grace and elegance which would let him make amazing use of Abrasion, and he has a solid Edgedancer spirit, too. 

Yup, gotta love auto-correct correcting a word spelled right. 

The whole reason I'm looking forward to it is that it's going to be pure comedy lol. Adolin is used to learning from Dalinar and Zahel. Now he has to take instruction from Lyft? It's going to be hilarious. 

It's going to be like in WoR when Renarin is learning his plate and keeps on breaking up the conversation between Kaladin and Vasher by just heaving himself off buildings. Except this time it's going to be Adolin trying to slide down the towers stairs covered in oil, 

Edited by Kered

Juicy truths.

The Survivor - in the flesh.

Wax getting a steel spike in the eye (A-Iron).

Clutch oath swearing (don't care, it never gets old).

An Elantrian using Nightblood.

I'd also like to see an Elantrian with enough Breath to get the rainbow aura. If feel like it would be really impressive with their passive glowyness.

55 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

A conversation between Hoid and Lopen where Hoid tries to confuse Lopen but fails and ends up getting confused by Lopen himself.

They'd probably equally confuse each other, but bluff their way through it, leaving both of them with the feeling that the other had gotten the better of them.

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2020 at 8:11 PM, Nameless said:

Kaladin with Shardplate.

Kaladin swearing the fourth/fifth ideals.

Kaladin fighting Nale.

Kaladin doing anything.

Moash redemption arc.

Full crossovers with characters that we know from two different series interacting with each other.

Love everything except the Moash redemption arc. I also want the Syl/Lost Daughter revelation and discover why Kaladin is dubbed as “the child of Tanavast”

19 minutes ago, Red Windrunner said:

Love everything except the Moash redemption arc. I also want the Syl/Lost Daughter revelation and discover why Kaladin is dubbed as “the child of Tanavast”

What do you want to happen to Moash?

Just now, Nameless said:

What do you want to happen to Moash?

First, I want the fall out of Moash with the rest of Bridge 4. Kaladin has been concealing the truth from the team. You gotta assume that Skar and Drehy saw him during the battle for Kholinar. But I want see how Bridge 4 reacts to Moash. I don’t want to see Moash redeemed but I don’t care if they exile him and “Man with No Name” him to roam the cosmere as an outlaw

2 hours ago, Eugenides said:

I want complete and utter destructionfor this storming psychopath. I might feel a little different if he were repentant for killing Elhokar, but he is not.

Down with the Traitor

*Prepares to enter a ten-page argument that forces mods to get involved three separate times, before finally ending with no one's opinions being changed*

Seriously though, Moash is not a psychopath. How would you have felt if Kaladin killed Roshone? Would you have cared if Roshone was trying to be a better person? I do realize that Roshone actually tried to get Moash's parents killed, while Elhokar only did so because of his inexperience, but Moash didn't know that. All he knew was that Elhokar had helped Roshone out by jailing his parents.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:05 PM, Nameless said:

*Prepares to enter a ten-page argument that forces mods to get involved three separate times, before finally ending with no one's opinions being changed*

Seriously though, Moash is not a psychopath. How would you have felt if Kaladin killed Roshone? Would you have cared if Roshone was trying to be a better person? I do realize that Roshone actually tried to get Moash's parents killed, while Elhokar only did so because of his inexperience, but Moash didn't know that. All he knew was that Elhokar had helped Roshone out by jailing his parents.

First of all, I would like to give a shout-out to the Legendarium, a podcast that discuss all things fantasy and sci-fi. The hosts made a good point, Moash is the Anti-Kaladin.

They are so similar, both moody, good fighters, and darkly intense. However, in book two there is a pivotal moment that separates their story arcs. That is when Kaladin chooses to protect Elhokar-someone who has done nothing good for him, and quite a few things that are bad for him- even if it means dying himself. This moment embodies forgiveness, which is a common misconception. Forgiveness does not mean forgetting all the wrong a person has done to you, it means choosing to move past it, and letting your anger go. Kaladin does this when he says that 

"I will protect those who cannot protect themselves."

Moash does the exact opposite. Instead of forgiving Elhokar, Moash holds on to his hatred and grudge against the King. This is why I said that I would like Moash somewhat if he chose not to kill the king. It would mean that he is choosing, much as Kaladin did, to let go of his anger towards Elhokar and let him live. Neither are saying that they like Elhokar, just that they will forgive him

When we see the mature and right choice that Kaladin makes, hard as it is, we cheer him on. It is difficult not to be irritated with Moash when he makes the immature, wrong choice. Furthermore, he goes on to work for ODIUM!

Secondly, we see another difference in choice between Moash and Dalinar(my favorite character apart from Hoid) When Odium says to Dalinar that he can take away all the pain, guilt, and turmoil within him, Dalinar responds in a heart wrenching moment 

"You cannot have my pain"

Essentially, Dalinar is saying that he takes full responsibility for all the horrible things he has done, and as he does this, he finds peace and forgiveness. This moment is unbelievably beautiful  and perhaps the most courageous thing anyone can ever do.

What does Moash do when confronted with a similar choice? He allows Odium to take his pain, to make him an emotionless shell, to turn him into a psychopath.

When we see a character that is so obviously the embodiment of everything the good guys are working against, it is very hard not to hate him. Moash is a hate-filled, cowardly psychopath, and If he doesn't repent I will be glad to see him destroyed.

This is my Ted Talk, thank you.

49 minutes ago, Eugenides said:

First of all, I would like to give a shout-out to the Legendarium, a podcast that discuss all things fantasy and sci-fi. The hosts made a good point, Moash is the Anti-Kaladin.

They are so similar, both moody, good fighters, and darkly intense. However, in book two there is a pivotal moment that separates their story arcs. That is when Kaladin chooses to protect Elhokar-someone who has done nothing good for him, and quite a few things that are bad for him- even if it means dying himself. This moment embodies forgiveness, which is a common misconception. Forgiveness does not mean forgetting all the wrong a person has done to you, it means choosing to move past it, and letting your anger go. Kaladin does this when he says that 

Moash does the exact opposite. Instead of forgiving Elhokar, Moash holds on to his hatred and grudge against the King. This is why I said that I would like Moash somewhat if he chose not to kill the king. It would mean that he is choosing, much as Kaladin did, to let go of his anger towards Elhokar and let him live. Neither are saying that they like Elhokar, just that they will forgive him

When we see the mature and right choice that Kaladin makes, hard as it is, we cheer him on. It is difficult not to be irritated with Moash when he makes the immature, wrong choice. Furthermore, he goes on to work for ODIUM!

Secondly, we see another difference in choice between Moash and Dalinar(my favorite character apart from Hoid) When Odium says to Dalinar that he can take away all the pain, guilt, and turmoil within him, Dalinar responds in a heart wrenching moment 

Essentially, Dalinar is saying that he takes full responsibility for all the horrible things he has done, and as he does this, he finds peace and forgiveness. This moment is unbelievably beautiful  and perhaps the most courageous thing anyone can ever do.

What does Moash do when confronted with a similar choice? He allows Odium to take his pain, to make him an emotionless shell, to turn him into a psychopath.

When we see a character that is so obviously the embodiment of everything the good guys are working against, it is very hard not to hate him. Moash is a hate-filled, cowardly psychopath, and If he doesn't repent I will be glad to see him destroyed.

This is my Ted Talk, thank you.

Moash is a horrible villain and I want either some actual evil coming from him, or death.

Killing Jezrien was the worst thing he did, and that didn't even feel that evil.

1 hour ago, Eugenides said:

Kaladin had a spren to help him. If he didn't have Syl, he'd have jumped into the honor chasm, if he even survived long enough to get there. Without Syl, he again would have chosen the wrong choice, and let Elhokar die.

I think you mean when he said "I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right."

Again, without Syl to guide him and the pain brought on by losing his bond, a visual representation that what he was doing was wrong, Kaladin would not have made the right choice. He would have been able to ignore the part of himself that knew it was wrong long enough to kill Elhokar.

You cannot hold Moash to the same standard as Kaladin. Adolin killed Sadeas, and not many people hate him for that. The only difference between the two killings (from Moash's perspective) would be that Adolin was a high enough rank to avoid punishment for it. 

We aren't supposed to like Mosh's choice, and I don't, but I do understand it. As for working for Odium, how is Mosh supposed to know that Odium is evil? He didn't have a spren to tell him, and, so far, he has seen Odium's forces act better than the humans ever have. His only complaint is about their treatment of one group of parshmen, while several the highprinces of Alethkar routinely used thousands of slaves as bridgmen.

When does Moash allow Odium to take his pain? All he does is kill Elhokar, and afterwards he feels numb. He never tells Odium that he can take his pain.

Odium took all of his emotions, not just his empathy. Moash has no hatred, ans simply feels "numb". I see Moash as a very relatable villain, and I hope that Brandon will make a redemption arc for him.

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

We aren't supposed to like Mosh's choice, and I don't, but I do understand it. As for working for Odium, how is Mosh supposed to know that Odium is evil? He didn't have a spren to tell him, and, so far, he has seen Odium's forces act better than the humans ever have. His only complaint is about their treatment of one group of parshmen, while several the highprinces of Alethkar routinely used thousands of slaves as bridgmen.

Seeing Honor's side as good is deeply problematic. Hoid is honest about that. He would let Roshar burn if that's what it took to stop Odium.

Honor set a whole planet up to go through cycles of genocidal wars for millenia just for what he considered the greater good without asking the people whom he sent to fight and die.

51 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Seeing Honor's side as good is deeply problematic. Hoid is honest about that. He would let Roshar burn if that's what it took to stop Odium.

Honor set a whole planet up to go through cycles of genocidal wars for millenia just for what he considered the greater good without asking the people whom he sent to fight and die.

Honor didn't set up the planet to go through those cycles, he allowed the heralds the chance to stop an eternal desolation with no end. Hoid isn't on the side of Honor, he's on the side of stopping Odium.