Harmony and Shardblades

Mx_JAN

Question

So if Harmony can talk to people/control people with hemalurgic spikes, due to their spiritweb being damaged, that raises the question that if somebody with a shardwound were to end up on Scadrial could Harmony talk to them? And how much would this person have to have been hurt from a shardblade to be controlled by Harmony?

5 answers to this question

You would probably need a really bad cut to be controlled, ironically that would also render you almost useless to Harmony so I don't see why he would bother.

Also I don't know if he could have so much control over someone from another planet, as Scandrial's  inhabitants are directly related to Ruin and Preservation.

A lot of Ruin/Preservation's abilities on Scadrial are caused by the fact that they created the entire planet and all the people on it, rather than just finding it premade and working from there. So it's possible that a Rosharan would have to work a lot harder than a Scadrian to open themselves up to the influence of Harmony; perhaps a Scadrian with that kind of spiritweb damage could hear Harmony's voice in their head, but there aren't many Scadrians facing the pointy end of a Shardblade these days. 

10 hours ago, XeGnome said:

A shard blade does not damage the physical body.  There would be no “spike” or metal left in the wound.  Right?

They're referring to the damage a spike causes to the soul. Hemalurgy causes some rather severe damage to the soul when used. 

But Hemalurgy is described as causing cracks to the soul, while shard blades just lop pieces clean off. I'm not sure if they would leave the soul vulnerable to entry or not.