Waffles, Pancakes, French Toast  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Witch is your favorite?

• Waffles
    • Pancakes
    • French Toast
    • None of thee above
    • All of thee above
    • OR... THE WAFFLED FLAMINGO PENGUIN--(Waffled Flamingo Penguins ARE French & LOVE pans......& cakes)

PANCAKES! They're the easiest to make, have so many varieties, and are the only one of the three that can go savory without people looking at it weirdly (with their country cousin the crepe that is). 

French Toast is a very close second. I've had better French toast than I have pancakes, and they're the recipe I'm more eager to master. ...well, actually it's pancake French toast (in which one makes pancake batter and uses that as the batter for French toast)...and there are a few more things I'm working out, but it's still French toast!

Waffles...I LOVE waffles, I just don't love them as much as I do the other two 100% of the time... I also can't make one to save my life and I have to be in the mood for them to begin with. After a few episodes of Parks and Rec though, this is the only food I want. 

As an aside, one of my ultimate cooking dreams is to develop a new, fourth type of sweet, syrupy pastry-like breakfast item. The closest I've found was the Japanese sweet Taiyaki, but they're a little small for my liking most of the time and are usually filled with chocolate, red bean paste, or custard (my favorite is the custard). I consider that more of a mix between a pancake and stuffed French toast (using a special waffle iron) than its own thing. Still great though, and I'd love to try them out filled with syrup...

• 3 years later...

Now I want French Toast. My basic way on how to make French toast will impress even your granny.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

• 4 slices of bread
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon of butter

Instructions:

1. In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon until well combined.
  2. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
  3. Melt the butter in the skillet or griddle.
  4. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure both sides are coated well.
  5. Place the coated bread in the skillet or griddle and cook until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  6. Serve warm with your choice of toppings, such as butter, syrup, powdered sugar, or fresh fruit.

Note: You can use any type of bread for French toast, but brioche or challah bread is especially delicious. You can also add additional spices or flavorings, such as nutmeg, cardamom, or orange zest, to customize the recipe to your taste.

Edited by Progknife

• 4 weeks later...