Third Character   19 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we allow a tertiary, non godly, character?

    • Yes
      17
    • No
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

366 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I don't show any reaction as Caebdar appears in the place of Tut’Kor’Anuumo. These two will be trouble. They are likely spies and we will have to keep an eye on them. " Tut’Kor’Anuumo tells us that you may be able to aid us in our fight." I whisper a prayer to Leila "We must watch those two they may yet be trouble." 

Leila didn't react to Balhaan's whispered words, although she noted them and made sure her face stayed the way it was. "Your help would be welcome." She told Caebdar and opened her book again, the thick pages smooth under her fingers. She agrees with Balhaan, but a spy and traitor, they add so much to a good story. Like salt can do wonders for a meal, they can do wonders for a story. And just like salt, you have to be careful to exactly use the right amount.

"What is it, that you can do?"

@bees?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I shake my head slightly only now remembering the jarring nature of the spell that I just cast. I really need to take it easy on the spells. They can be quote draining. There is a dull ache in my bones and a rapid increase in my heartbeat which would be far worse if not for my heritage. I steel myself and take in a few calming breaths practicing one of several techniques that instantly slow my heart rate back to normal. I envision the whole of my being floating across a vast calming sea which absorbs into my every pore. It saps the pain and strain upon my body and mind leaving me calm and focused. All of this takes place in the blink of an eye and when I return to reality I feel the overpowering might of the gladius wash over me. A lust for violence worms its way down into my soul struggling to finds purchase. It is so foolish a thing to to believe that the power of Mars can forever be ignored. However, it can be harnessed and made to serve instead of being given reign. I did it once before and I can do it again. I pull in this power and it settles within me. Its pushing lessons and then stops as I take a fragment of its demanding aura. I nod slightly in respect. "You would keep this weapon to deprive others of its power?" Bold indeed. I  put down my duffel for a moment dust myself off. I then pick it up and begin to walk toward the call. It sounds in my a song so pure and powerful that it rings the whole of my being.  "I find it most interesting that you would hide such power. Most are tempted even if not immediately, but overtime. We shall see if you feel the same when you hold the weapon in your hand. Its call will grow ever greater. There are few things which worry me in this world the carnage that the sisters can produce are high up on that list." I keep my head on a swivel and my hand near my bowie knife.

Ashley shook her head. "Perhaps, but I don't intend to keep it for very long in this case anyway. It would be too dangerous, since I know so little of its power, and since it's so dangerous. I'd have to learn more about it if I was truly going to wield it." she watched the nearly empty road closely, following behind Alexander. She kept a hand on her revolver; her reactions had been honed beyond what was usually possible for a mortal, and she had gained an acute awareness of everything around her. Especially now, with her mind calm. She continued down the street, feeling the gladius's presence in her mind, ringing with a pure, yet somehow discordant, note. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sorana said:

“What is it, that you can do?"

“I possess many abilities, but the question is not what you I can do, but what I must do.” Caebdar shrugs and walks in a small circle. “Yes. Tell me what you need done.”

Quote

Everything thinks they are going to be spying, but they just work for what’s best. Spying? Maybe. Likely not. But for the most part, just doing what they think is right.

@Sorana @Nathrangking

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ashley shook her head. "Perhaps, but I don't intend to keep it for very long in this case anyway. It would be too dangerous, since I know so little of its power, and since it's so dangerous. I'd have to learn more about it if I was truly going to wield it." she watched the nearly empty road closely, following behind Alexander. She kept a hand on her revolver; her reactions had been honed beyond what was usually possible for a mortal, and she had gained an acute awareness of everything around her. Especially now, with her mind calm. She continued down the street, feeling the gladius's presence in her mind, ringing with a pure, yet somehow discordant, note. 

47 minutes ago, bees? said:

“I possess many abilities, but the question is not what you I can do, but what I must do.” Caebdar shrugs and walks in a small circle. “Yes. Tell me what you need done.”

@Sorana @Nathrangking

She speaks wisdom, but life rarely allows intent to be followed. Let her prove her strength. I feel someone who was once in close proximity watching from above. I don't stop walking, but I start whistling the X files theme song and subtly nod my head toward a building on the right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For starters we need our safe houses fortified."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cool air of the Baltic surrounds me. I vaguely hear the echo of Caeli's voice upon the air which brings my focus to the finely wrought door of glass before me. Pounding footsteps hundreds of yards away enter my ears. I slowly shake my head in disappointment and raise my armored fist to knock on the door. I turn. "Stop! Who are you?" A 6 foot tall, lithe, sawed off shotgun carrying bodyguard gasps as he attempts to level the gun on me.  "Get me Gregor." I keep my voice steady though there is the slightest hint of warning. Anger crosses the guard's face. Without thinking he pulls the trigger. The double blast  hits me at the same time that dozens of other weapons open up on me. Hundreds of rounds, gun powder, and waves of sound surround me. All of this lasts only a moment. 

I unfurl my wings and rapidly take flight. I rise over the smoke as my ears clear from the sounds of shots. In an instant I drop down in front of the trigger happy shotgun wielding bodyguard. My hand flies out and grabs the hot double barrels. With little more than a flick I rip the weapon from his hands and toss it  so far into the distance that it is lost from sight. "Do you know who I am?"  I step back and call forth my sword. It glows a dull sapphire. The bodyguards stay as they are mesmerized  until a booming laugh breaks the quiet. 

I mentally sigh and turn. A squat, hawk eyed man in his 40's wearing a lot of gold and a fashionable Armani coat. "Baalhan my friend, what brings you to my doorstep?" He frowns at his security and motions for them to follow at a distance. 

We start walking and I dismiss my blade. I reduce  my height so that we are standing shoulder to shoulder. I blink and a moving impregnable dome of power surrounds us. None can hear us, see us, or get to us. "Tell me Gregor what do you know of a group which calls itself the God Complex?"

@Dr. Dapper @Sorana @ZincAboutIt @bees?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I'm so sorry everyone, life is incredibly crazy right now and I can't do this justice or commit to any kind of regular posting for this. I'm the worst. Have fun everyone! 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That, and we need to find these people." Leila tossed one of her scrolls over to him. "They are targetting the next god, I would like to stop them from doing that, and if we can find out some more information, that would be helpful as well."

Pensively she looked over at Ku for a moment. "An attack on our part would also give Ku's agents a good chance to replace some of those belonging to the group. We attack them, we stop them, we capture one for questioning and during all of this Ku's agents do their work. If they behave a little differently at first, nobody will notice, thinking it might be due to the attack and that they are simply a little rattled."

Looking around she met each god's eyes.

"What do you think?"

@bees? @EXPERIENCE @kenod @Nathrangking

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Aiwass looked at her. She didn't like having to actually do anything, it was much more interesting to watch other people do things. Of course, once they learned about her properly they might start struggling to come up with something, which might become interesting later on?

Finally she shrugged. "Sure," she said. "Are we going to all attack the same place or do we split up in teams, hit multiple places?" Silently she wondered how she'd deal with her base in that case. Just killing everyone inside one by one might cause some interesting reactions, but there was a good chance it would just be tedious. Maybe she should just blow the whole place away in one go? That way she could just cast a spell for a minute or so and then go home and call it a day.

Edited by kenod
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashley looked at Alexander, hiding her surprise well. He was certainly not one to whistle while walking. She glanced up where he nodded, spotting the glint of a gun barrel poking out through the window. She took a breath, wrapping her fingers around the grip of her revolver, feeling as if everything around her was still. As soon as she shot that sniper, all hell would break loose. "Here we go." she murmured under her breath, then drew her gun and fired a single shot, managing to hit the sniper in the shoulder. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I need the normalcy back just a little bit so here we go.

On 3/26/2020 at 7:00 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

Ashley looked at Alexander, hiding her surprise well. He was certainly not one to whistle while walking. She glanced up where he nodded, spotting the glint of a gun barrel poking out through the window. She took a breath, wrapping her fingers around the grip of her revolver, feeling as if everything around her was still. As soon as she shot that sniper, all hell would break loose. "Here we go." she murmured under her breath, then drew her gun and fired a single shot, managing to hit the sniper in the shoulder. 

As soon I hear the tell tale sound of the gun being drawn I immediately slow down to a canter. My body pivots as a shot rings out. I drop my duffel and sprint into the alley alongside the building. I jump up and grab onto the fire escape. I climb up onto the first landing. I turn sideways and leap with my arms outspread as shots tear away bits of concrete and brick. Bullets ricochet around me spraying me with dust. My ears ring as I climb the side of the building rapidly. Hammers strike me as my vest deflects what must be easily a dozen rounds. Muscles heaving I round the building and in a minute's time I pull myself through the window from where the gladius' aura emanates. A bleeding man jumps up in shock and lets out screams which get my blood racing.

@Dr. Dapper 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.3.2020 at 11:42 PM, kenod said:

Aiwass looked at her. She didn't like having to actually do anything, it was much more interesting to watch other people do things. Of course, once they learned about her properly they might start struggling to come up with something, which might become interesting later on?

Finally she shrugged. "Sure," she said. "Are we going to all attack the same place or do we split up in teams, hit multiple places?" Silently she wondered how she'd deal with her base in that case. Just killing everyone inside one by one might cause some interesting reactions, but there was a good chance it would just be tedious. Maybe she should just blow the whole place away in one go? That way she could just cast a spell for a minute or so and then go home and call it a day.

"I think we should all go to the same place." Leila gave a slight shrug. "We don't know enough to really judge the danger and I would prefer if noone else was captured." She reached out for one of her scrolls herself and when she touched her thoughts to its contents, a grim expression setteled on her face. "We know where they are. I think we should go, let some of them escape, so that our spy can take their place and the rest -" She stood up, slug her bag over her shoulder and stowed her book inside. It wasn't neccessary, but she liked to carry her book around. It gave her a good feeling.

"For the rest we ensure that we learn what they know so that we can rescue those held in captivity."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aiwass stretched out and stood up as well. "I'll send that message to the mercenary after this is done," she said. She let out a short chuckle. "Don't want to give them warning, after all. Besides, with a bit of luck she's there. Seeing how she'll do would be fun."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Sorry everyone, been a bit busy lately. I'm guessing we're still not in Leila's place?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I think we're just about ready to leave Leila's place. The group has decided to go and attack a God-Complex facility, in order to use the confusion to replace some operatives with spies.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.4.2020 at 11:44 PM, kenod said:

Aiwass stretched out and stood up as well. "I'll send that message to the mercenary after this is done," she said. She let out a short chuckle. "Don't want to give them warning, after all. Besides, with a bit of luck she's there. Seeing how she'll do would be fun."

Leila nodded and lifted her quilt, leaving a trail of complex signs in its wake. A portal opened in the middle of the room, smelling like old paper, the light turning moving, with the sound of pages sliding upon each other.

"Then let's go." she said softly, her eyes resting on her shadow for a moment. Balhaan would come along and the rest - the rest would sort itself somewhere along the way. Being able to see more of Ku, of Aiwass had the prospect to be very rewarding. Maybe she could even dedicate a whole chapter to each of them, add them to this tale as a character of their own and not only a simple, unimportant nonamed person on the street.

@EXPERIENCE

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashley watched Alexander sprint up the fire escape, cursing in Old Norse as a bullet grazed her. She quickly cast a spell, and armor forged from air covered her body just as more shots pinged off of it. She quickly took out several of the men attacking Alexander. After she'd disabled the gunmen, she pulled herself up onto the fire escape, drawing her sword and cut down yet more combatants. These ones looked like local thugs, probably part of one gang or another. Not stopping for long, she pulled herself through the window, breathing a sigh of relief. Alexander was standing close by, eyes locked with a blood-covered man. Something about him made her blood run cold. 

"Does he have the weapon?" she asked, not realizing she was still speaking Old Norse. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/4/2020 at 5:08 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

Ashley watched Alexander sprint up the fire escape, cursing in Old Norse as a bullet grazed her. She quickly cast a spell, and armor forged from air covered her body just as more shots pinged off of it. She quickly took out several of the men attacking Alexander. After she'd disabled the gunmen, she pulled herself up onto the fire escape, drawing her sword and cut down yet more combatants. These ones looked like local thugs, probably part of one gang or another. Not stopping for long, she pulled herself through the window, breathing a sigh of relief. Alexander was standing close by, eyes locked with a blood-covered man. Something about him made her blood run cold. 

"Does he have the weapon?" she asked, not realizing she was still speaking Old Norse. 

My gaze alone silences the screaming gunman. Three members of what are likely members of the gang that the shooter belongs to burst into the room. I rush forward and draw the knife at my hip. I grab the nearest shooter and turn her toward the shooter to the right the moment before they open fire. I drop the shooter as the bullets impact her. I leap at the two remaining shooters. With one motion I plunge my knife into the chest of the one on the right I withdraw it as they fall and pivot on the one on the left dropping them with a single stab a moment later. They each drop unmoving as soon as the blade breaks their skins. All of this takes no more than 30 seconds. The original shooter who was wounded in the shooter stares at me wide eyed. My companion comes in the window a moment later. She asks me a question in what sounds to my somewhat trained ear to be an old germanic dialect. I'm rusty, but I turn to her and respond in kind. "I doubt that an underling shooter would be given something so important. I can feel the presence of the weapon on him." I see him start to move out of the corner of my eye I turn toward him and fix him in my gaze. "Stay or run I don't care. You won't make it to the door." I turn back toward my associate "Why don't we ask him if he knows where we can find it."  I step away and gesture for her to take the lead. 

@Dr. Dapper

Edited by Nathrangking
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.