The God Complex

Darth Woodrack

Third Character  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we allow a tertiary, non godly, character?

• Yes
    • No

Ashley was only a little surprised by their surroundings. "Why'd you bring us here? I'm assuming it's not because you want to waste time that we don't have." she sighed, absently summoning a small flame and making it dance across her hands, changing its color occasionally. After a minute, she summoned another flame, and sent it dancing around her as well. It was a concentration exercise, allowing her to focus her power for larger spells without actually using said power.  

7 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ashley was only a little surprised by their surroundings. "Why'd you bring us here? I'm assuming it's not because you want to waste time that we don't have." she sighed, absently summoning a small flame and making it dance across her hands, changing its color occasionally. After a minute, she summoned another flame, and sent it dancing around her as well. It was a concentration exercise, allowing her to focus her power for larger spells without actually using said power.  

Great, he sent someone who can perform party tricks. Internally I roll my eyes mentally. "This is not a game and yet you treat it like one. Do you have any idea who you are dealing with and what you are being asked to do? You insist that you know what this is all about and that you agreed to do this, but are you truly in this because you believe in Baalhan's cause? He is a manipulator who has been doing this for eons. We are here because I cannot work with someone who does what they do to gain the favor of that manipulator. If you truly believe then we can go otherwise you can go on your own to run his errands." I don't regret my attitude toward Baalhan. My voice is devoid of emotion it is simply matter of fact. He and I have a love hate relationship which sometimes will result in my candor.

@Dr. Dapper

"Everything's a game to me." Ashley said, closing her fist on the flames. "I haven't feared death for decades. I'm cursed. I'll never die, and I always come back." she looked at Alexander, "It's hard to take any threat seriously when you know you can come back from death." she grinned, "That's how they think, you know. Everything's a game to them. So when I hear real fear in a god's voice, then I start to pay attention. Because if a god fears something, then it's a real threat." Ashley sighed and met his eyes, "I couldn't care less about earning Baalhan's trust. Maybe that's why he sent me on this mission, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here because this a job. I was hired, more or less, by their alliance, and I intend to do as ordered until the job is done. There's little to be said for a mercenary who betrays her employer, after all." 

Yes. They are supposed to be in conversation with Leila.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Everything's a game to me." Ashley said, closing her fist on the flames. "I haven't feared death for decades. I'm cursed. I'll never die, and I always come back." she looked at Alexander, "It's hard to take any threat seriously when you know you can come back from death." she grinned, "That's how they think, you know. Everything's a game to them. So when I hear real fear in a god's voice, then I start to pay attention. Because if a god fears something, then it's a real threat." Ashley sighed and met his eyes, "I couldn't care less about earning Baalhan's trust. Maybe that's why he sent me on this mission, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here because this a job. I was hired, more or less, by their alliance, and I intend to do as ordered until the job is done. There's little to be said for a mercenary who betrays her employer, after all." 

A mercenary huh. It figures that he'd find himself an immortal mercenary who can perform party tricks. Pain is starting to claw at me. Arcs of burning agony is trying to teat my flesh from bone. I show no indication of the toll that this realm is having on my health. "You are loyal to your sense of honor. This I can respect. Know this mighty immortal even gods die. Do not grow so complacent that you start to forget that immortality given can be taken away." An edge enters my voice as I speak. "There are those who can make death seem like a reward and I suspect that if Baalhan calls on me now that these that seek to kill gods are these type. You may not die, but they'll do what they can to make you wish that they had." I flinch as the pain becomes greater than all, but the mightiest of mortals might bear. The divine realms cannot be withstood by mortals for long. My heritage helps me survive longer than most, but now I believe it's time to see the true nature of this gun for hire.  I close my eyes and mutter a spell. A modified M4 appears across my back, a bowie knife in an intricate sheath appears on my right side, an intricate machete and sheath appear on my left hip, an ordinary looking desert eagle appears tucked into the waistband of my pants at the back under my camo. A normal looking piece of body armor appears on my body beneath my camo shirt. In my right hand a heavy duffel bag appears. "You want us to be on our way well then lets." I suppress the tears forming in my eyes and my screaming mind. I speak another spell aloud and in a flash I'm standing in the foothills of the Hindu Kush.

@bees? @Dr. Dapper

Leila raised an eyebrow and then left the scroll hanging in front of Ku's face and turned towards Balhaan. "Give us a short moment, please. The scroll is all yours and if someone else would like to have a copy," she snapped a finger and it duplicated itself, "feel free to take one for yourself." Her fingers made another small gesture when she set wards up around the room, made sure she could have an eye on her guests. She doubted any of them was interested enough in poetry to steal one of her books, but you never knew. Better she took some precautions.

Walking over to the door she gestured towards Balhaan to come with her and stepped into the hallway. The next room was significantly smaller, containing a selection of old tomes, waiting to be slipped out of their places on the shelves. She leaned against one of the rows and looked down at her hands, her calm demeanour slipping a little. Lines of worry crossed her face while she waited for him to follow her.

@Nathrangking

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Leila raised an eyebrow and then left the scroll hanging in front of Ku's face and turned towards Balhaan. "Give us a short moment, please. The scroll is all yours and if someone else would like to have a copy," she snapped a finger and it duplicated itself, "feel free to take one for yourself." Her fingers made another small gesture when she set wards up around the room, made sure she could have an eye on her guests. She doubted any of them was interested enough in poetry to steal one of her books, but you never knew. Better she took some precautions.

Walking over to the door she gestured towards Balhaan to come with her and stepped into the hallway. The next room was significantly smaller, containing a selection of old tomes, waiting to be slipped out of their places on the shelves. She leaned against one of the rows and looked down at her hands, her calm demeanour slipping a little. Lines of worry crossed her face while she waited for him to follow her.

@Nathrangking

Leila's approach makes me to step back from the doorway. I step to the side and wait. A thousand possibilities race through my mind when I consider what she might want to talk to me about. She motions for me to  follow her. As I do so I can just sense worry seeping out of her. Its' a subtle thing in her steps and demeanor that reveals to me what lies beneath. Could it simply be that the thought of the God Complex's actions are getting to her? We are all angry and worried to be sure,  but there is something more at play here I can feel it. Whatever it may be I will be here for her above all. Our footsteps quickly lead us to the next room. The air is full of the smell of ancient manuscripts. There is something vaguely comforting about this room. It reminds me in the most minor way of The Great Library at Alexandria. That was a calming place until it came to an end as mortal endeavors do. I stop a foot or so from where Leila is leaning against a row of books. 

My voice is soft as I speak. It betrays care and tenderness. It betrays my emotions in a way that I would not do for most others. "What troubles you and what can I do to help?"

@Sorana

Edited by Nathrangking

3 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Leila's approach makes me to step back from the doorway. I step to the side and wait. A thousand possibilities race through my mind when I consider what she might want to talk to me about. She motions for me to  follow her. As I do so I can just sense worry seeping out of her. Its' a subtle thing in her steps and demeanor that reveals to me what lies beneath. Could it simply be that the thought of the God Complex's actions are getting to her? We are all angry and worried to be sure,  but there is something more at play here I can feel it. Whatever it may be I will be here for her above all. Our footsteps quickly lead us to the next room. The air is full of the smell of ancient manuscripts. There is something vaguely comforting about this room. It reminds me in the most minor way of The Great Library at Alexandria. That was a calming place until it came to an end as mortal endeavors do. I stop a foot or so from where Leila is leaning against a row of books. 

My voice is soft as I speak. It betrays care and tenderness. It betrays my emotions in a way that I would not do for most others. "What troubles you and what can I do to help?"

@Sorana

A smile touches her lips at his soft voice and she looks up at him, at his familiar face, her worry soothened by his existence alone. They are few left she trusts as deeply, as thoroughly as she trusts him. "Balhaan." She starts, only to stop again, weaving a quick spell around them to ensure their privacy. Like a snake the words curl in a circular shape on the ground around them, glowing in a soft, yellow.

"I am worried how this might end." She finally voices a part of her thoughts, tries to get them in order, so that he can understand. "We are preparing a war against humans and I fear that most don't even stop to consider what this might lead to. Many of us exist because of humanity and human concepts. If we turn against them, we can erase them easily and completely, but if we do that - " her hands makes a sweeping gesture around her, indicating the old tomes. "We don't know what will happen in that case, how many, or even if, some of us will perish."

"I know, that we have no choice, that we need to act, or we will be killed one after the other, but we need to ensure that humanity doesn't unite against us. That we don't end up the evil invaders in our own home. Times changed, information and lies alike travel fast, too fast to control, even for me. I will be honest, and I can only ask you to not hold my words against me. I don't trust everybody we assembled, partially because I know close to nothing about them and their previous actions," a frown crossed her face at these dark spots, where usually history was written for her to take a look at, "and yes, that irks me, but also because I know that it is in some of their natures, that it might not even be bad will, but simply the way things are."

Reaching out for him, she gently placed a hand on his arm, looked into his eyes. "Let's be careful and consider our steps. Question ideas and try to keep the damage we cause to a minimum. Let's not destroy this world, or a whole civilization."

30 minutes ago, Sorana said:

A smile touches her lips at his soft voice and she looks up at him, at his familiar face, her worry soothened by his existence alone. They are few left she trusts as deeply, as thoroughly as she trusts him. "Balhaan." She starts, only to stop again, weaving a quick spell around them to ensure their privacy. Like a snake the words curl in a circular shape on the ground around them, glowing in a soft, yellow.

"I am worried how this might end." She finally voices a part of her thoughts, tries to get them in order, so that he can understand. "We are preparing a war against humans and I fear that most don't even stop to consider what this might lead to. Many of us exist because of humanity and human concepts. If we turn against them, we can erase them easily and completely, but if we do that - " her hands makes a sweeping gesture around her, indicating the old tomes. "We don't know what will happen in that case, how many, or even if, some of us will perish."

"I know, that we have no choice, that we need to act, or we will be killed one after the other, but we need to ensure that humanity doesn't unite against us. That we don't end up the evil invaders in our own home. Times changed, information and lies alike travel fast, too fast to control, even for me. I will be honest, and I can only ask you to not hold my words against me. I don't trust everybody we assembled, partially because I know close to nothing about them and their previous actions," a frown crossed her face at these dark spots, where usually history was written for her to take a look at, "and yes, that irks me, but also because I know that it is in some of their natures, that it might not even be bad will, but simply the way things are."

Reaching out for him, she gently placed a hand on his arm, looked into his eyes. "Let's be careful and consider our steps. Question ideas and try to keep the damage we cause to a minimum. Let's not destroy this world, or a whole civilization."

I don't pull away when her hand comes to rest of my arm. Our eyes lock and the fire in my eyes vanishes and the aura of power that surrounds me dissipates. I close my eyes for a moment and mutters an additional spell. A sapphire ring appears and reinforces her spell. I then reopen them. For a moment I allow her presence to sweep away my troubles and sooth my mind. Quickly, though the weigh of her words drops onto my armored shoulders and I let out a tired sigh.

"You are right Leila we could end up destroying this civilization. War is coming to the mortals. Indeed we may suffer and be wiped out. We do have a problem. Ours is a war that we must indeed take care in fighting. However, Barbados will make it difficult. He is liable to turn humanity against us. We must contend with his ways as much as the God Complex."

"You are right I think to suspect some of those who have come. I have similar concerns. I sent away Sangus' ally Ms. Remorares because there is something off about her. She smelled of recent slaughter and said nothing when she arrived. Having her away from here will keep her from knowing too much. It is crucial that we keep things close to the chest and take great care." I place my armored hand on hers and let my words sink in."

@Sorana

8 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I don't pull away when her hand comes to rest of my arm. Our eyes lock and the fire in my eyes vanishes and the aura of power that surrounds me dissipates. I close my eyes for a moment and mutters an additional spell. A sapphire ring appears and reinforces her spell. I then reopen them. For a moment I allow her presence to sweep away my troubles and sooth my mind. Quickly, though the weigh of her words drops onto my armored shoulders and I let out a tired sigh.

"You are right Leila we could end up destroying this civilization. War is coming to the mortals. Indeed we may suffer and be wiped out. We do have a problem. Ours is a war that we must indeed take care in fighting. However, Barbados will make it difficult. He is liable to turn humanity against us. We must contend with his ways as much as the God Complex."

"You are right I think to suspect some of those who have come. I have similar concerns. I sent away Sangus' ally Ms. Remorares because there is something off about her. She smelled of recent slaughter and said nothing when she arrived. Having her away from here will keep her from knowing too much. It is crucial that we keep things close to the chest and take great care." I place my armored hand on hers and let my words sink in."

Her stance relaxes when she feels his power dissipate at her touch and she closes her eyes for a heartbeat, feeling nothing but his strong, fierce prescence and the confidence he easily inspires in her. Contrasting her, he knows exactly what they are getting into. His magic mingles with hers easily and while his words are grave, she knows that he understands, that his impression matches hers and relief floods through her. Despite everything he is still walking forward, never giving up a fight and she takes a little of that confidence for herself, straightens her back.

"I spent such a long time watching, writing, only rarely acting on my own, only in exceptional cases trying to influence the course history would take." She turns her hand around, tightens her fingers around his armored ones. "That I am now caught in the middle these events, that I know that we have to act despite the risks - " It was so different compared to when you twitched the story the people would tell afterwards, when you cast a light on the winners, or highlighted the accomplishments of the loosers. She looks at him again, notices the tiredness that hides in the lines of his face, nearly invisible, and yet there. It worries her and she finds herself studying him for a moment, trying to see if something else was amiss. Something else apart from this threat.

"I'm not a fighter." She finally continues and then shakes her head at her own words. "That doesn't mean I will stay back. I want to stand by your side, I won't let you fight this war alone. It is important for all of us, important for those that are left, for those in hiding and those we rarely ever meet at all." Her tone softens a little when she looks at the books again. "Even for them who discard us as legends of old, as relicts of a time long past."

Her face turns earnest and when she goes on her tone is serious. "I know that I am one of the easier ones for them to remove from this tale. So if you have some - advice how to escape capture, I would be very grateful."

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Her stance relaxes when she feels his power dissipate at her touch and she closes her eyes for a heartbeat, feeling nothing but his strong, fierce prescence and the confidence he easily inspires in her. Contrasting her, he knows exactly what they are getting into. His magic mingles with hers easily and while his words are grave, she knows that he understands, that his impression matches hers and relief floods through her. Despite everything he is still walking forward, never giving up a fight and she takes a little of that confidence for herself, straightens her back.

"I spent such a long time watching, writing, only rarely acting on my own, only in exceptional cases trying to influence the course history would take." She turns her hand around, tightens her fingers around his armored ones. "That I am now caught in the middle these events, that I know that we have to act despite the risks - " It was so different compared to when you twitched the story the people would tell afterwards, when you cast a light on the winners, or highlighted the accomplishments of the loosers. She looks at him again, notices the tiredness that hides in the lines of his face, nearly invisible, and yet there. It worries her and she finds herself studying him for a moment, trying to see if something else was amiss. Something else apart from this threat.

"I'm not a fighter." She finally continues and then shakes her head at her own words. "That doesn't mean I will stay back. I want to stand by your side, I won't let you fight this war alone. It is important for all of us, important for those that are left, for those in hiding and those we rarely ever meet at all." Her tone softens a little when she looks at the books again. "Even for them who discard us as legends of old, as relicts of a time long past."

Her face turns earnest and when she goes on her tone is serious. "I know that I am one of the easier ones for them to remove from this tale. So if you have some - advice how to escape capture, I would be very grateful."

I can feel our magics blend together seamlessly as I project a strength that I only partially feel. I draw as much from her as she does from me trying my best to kill the gnawing dread that I keep locked away. The dread falls deeper into the prison that I have built for it. Strength flows through me though it remains locked within me. 

I can detect her worry and it kindles anger within me. I know that being strategic is necessary, but at that moment I wanted nothing less than to destroy those who brought Leila worry. She has rarely been an actor in the main events of the world. The way that she is showing strength despite being asked to do this reaffirms my feelings toward her. Her eyes are examining me as though searching for that which lies at the core of my being. It is as though she is seeking the secrets that I hide from all.

She may not be a warrior in practice, but she has the spirit of one. I find that her willingness to stand by me now may just end up being our strength and source of victory. Those who discard us will meet fates of their own creation. Such has happened in the past and sch will happen again.

I suppress my shock at her insistence that she will be defeated with ease. "You don't give yourself enough credit. You will not be taken by them this I swear by my divine essence. Firstly, make use of the powers of the nexus that exists in this place. I know not if it was here before or your presence created it, but a nearly inexhaustible well of power flows in this place in your hands you would gain great might in the hands of the enemy it would be catastrophic. My first peice of advice would be to harness that. Secondly, accept the blessing of victory which I gave to us all. Only by the acceptance of a deity can the blessing of a deity take effect. Next, I shall stand by you and fight by your side. Should however we be separated you will be armed for war." My voice takes a serious tone as I say this. I will by bow and quiver into the air beside us. They float there of their own accords. "Take my bow and quiver. The arrows are nearly inexhaustible. The bow itself will be hard pressed to miss its target,"

@Sorana

Sangus stood and nodded to Luna. “I will go talk to my followers. As I’ve said, they will have much insight into our problem.” he and Luna shifted away, appearing back in Tokyo. There was one group of his followers who weren’t peaceful. The exact opposite, in fact. Sangus smiled, watching placidly as several armed men surrounded the two of them. They were in the lobby of an opulent hotel in downtown Tokyo.

“I would be careful, my friends. You know who she is?” he asked, nodding to his daughter. His words were met with confused looks. 

“No, old man, who is she?” one of the men asked, training his pistol on Luna. 

“Luna, please educate them.” Sangus said tiredly. Luna moved like a bolt of lightning, jumping from each man to the next within a few seconds, disarming each one and knocking them to the floor. The entire fight, if it could be called that, lasted about 10 seconds. “This is my daughter, Luna, the goddess of protection.” Sangus continued, smiling a little. 

“You’re... him... then.” one of the men breathed, coughing a little. “Our patron.” 

Just then, another group of men appeared, led by a man with steel gray hair that framed a firm, scarred face. When he saw Sangus, he bowed deeply. “Master Sangus, you honor us by visiting.” 

Sangus smiled. “Many thanks, Koichi. I apologize about your men.” 

Koichi waved it off. “They will survive, which is more than can be said for most who have faced your daughter.” 

Sangus chuckled, nodding for Luna to follow as Koichi led them to an elevator. They rode up to the highest floor and got out, still followed by several bodyguards. “I’m afraid I do not have much time to talk, Koichi. I have some requests for you, then I must go.” 

Koichi nodded, leading them into his office, but didn’t sit down. Instead he walked to the window and looked out contemplatively. Sangus stood next to him, hands clasped behind his back. “You’ve heard of the God Complex?” he began, waiting for Koichi’s nod before continuing. “They’ve managed to kill several of our number, and capture still others. They pose a real threat to every god that lives on this world. Myself and several other gods have formed an alliance of sorts, and we need mortal soldiers on our side. Perhaps you could provide us with some manpower, Koichi. Your yakuza are among the best warriors in Japan.” 

Koichi nodded. “I will send some of my men your way, any that I can spare.” 

Sangus smiled widely. “Thank you Koichi. I always hesitate to ask much of my followers, but each time that I do, I find that you are willing. We must have tea some time, we have much to talk about, I think.” 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley couldn’t resist responding to Alexander’s warning. “Trust, me, I know. I’ve been tortured in ways most couldn’t imagine. Sometimes, the only escape is death.” she left it at that, instead turning her mind to other, less unpleasant things. She thought for a moment, then sighed, pulling her shotgun off of her back. “You know, I like this gun, but it’s a bit clunky sometimes.” She closed her eyes for a moment, focusing her power, and the shotgun shifted in a pair of revolvers, and a set of holsters appeared at her waist. She spun her new guns around in her hands, then holstered them. 

With a sudden move, she drew her sword and slammed it into the ground in front of her, closing her eyes and pushing her will into the weapon. It focused her power better than she ever could on her own, and she willed that power into the earth around her, letting it run across the whole surface of the world. After a few minutes she opened her eyes. “So, if the God Complex does have the gladius, then where would they be keeping it?” She cast one hand out, and a map of the world appeared there in front of her, floating in the air. “They must have a vault of some kind, maybe even a prison...” she mused, tapping her lips. “No, no, they would be in different places. But where?” 

Ashley looked at Alexander. “Any insight?”

On 3/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

Sangus stood and nodded to Luna. “I will go talk to my followers. As I’ve said, they will have much insight into our problem.” he and Luna shifted away, appearing back in Tokyo. There was one group of his followers who weren’t peaceful. The exact opposite, in fact. Sangus smiled, watching placidly as several armed men surrounded the two of them. They were in the lobby of an opulent hotel in downtown Tokyo.

“I would be careful, my friends. You know who she is?” he asked, nodding to his daughter. His words were met with confused looks. 

“No, old man, who is she?” one of the men asked, training his pistol on Luna. 

“Luna, please educate them.” Sangus said tiredly. Luna moved like a bolt of lightning, jumping from each man to the next within a few seconds, disarming each one and knocking them to the floor. The entire fight, if it could be called that, lasted about 10 seconds. “This is my daughter, Luna, the goddess of protection.” Sangus continued, smiling a little. 

“You’re... him... then.” one of the men breathed, coughing a little. “Our patron.” 

Just then, another group of men appeared, led by a man with steel gray hair that framed a firm, scarred face. When he saw Sangus, he bowed deeply. “Master Sangus, you honor us by visiting.” 

Sangus smiled. “Many thanks, Koichi. I apologize about your men.” 

Koichi waved it off. “They will survive, which is more than can be said for most who have faced your daughter.” 

Sangus chuckled, nodding for Luna to follow as Koichi led them to an elevator. They rode up to the highest floor and got out, still followed by several bodyguards. “I’m afraid I do not have much time to talk, Koichi. I have some requests for you, then I must go.” 

Koichi nodded, leading them into his office, but didn’t sit down. Instead he walked to the window and looked out contemplatively. Sangus stood next to him, hands clasped behind his back. “You’ve heard of the God Complex?” he began, waiting for Koichi’s nod before continuing. “They’ve managed to kill several of our number, and capture still others. They pose a real threat to every god that lives on this world. Myself and several other gods have formed an alliance of sorts, and we need mortal soldiers on our side. Perhaps you could provide us with some manpower, Koichi. Your yakuza are among the best warriors in Japan.” 

Koichi nodded. “I will send some of my men your way, any that I can spare.” 

Sangus smiled widely. “Thank you Koichi. I always hesitate to ask much of my followers, but each time that I do, I find that you are willing. We must have tea some time, we have much to talk about, I think.” 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley couldn’t resist responding to Alexander’s warning. “Trust, me, I know. I’ve been tortured in ways most couldn’t imagine. Sometimes, the only escape is death.” she left it at that, instead turning her mind to other, less unpleasant things. She thought for a moment, then sighed, pulling her shotgun off of her back. “You know, I like this gun, but it’s a bit clunky sometimes.” She closed her eyes for a moment, focusing her power, and the shotgun shifted in a pair of revolvers, and a set of holsters appeared at her waist. She spun her new guns around in her hands, then holstered them. 

With a sudden move, she drew her sword and slammed it into the ground in front of her, closing her eyes and pushing her will into the weapon. It focused her power better than she ever could on her own, and she willed that power into the earth around her, letting it run across the whole surface of the world. After a few minutes she opened her eyes. “So, if the God Complex does have the gladius, then where would they be keeping it?” She cast one hand out, and a map of the world appeared there in front of her, floating in the air. “They must have a vault of some kind, maybe even a prison...” she mused, tapping her lips. “No, no, they would be in different places. But where?” 

Ashley looked at Alexander. “Any insight?”

She really takes no time appreciate the finer things in life like not being shot in the Hindu Kush. Add the fact that she is a vain showoff and she is thoroughly. She'll get me killed yet. "It is difficult to hide the gladius and its sisters. They call to each other and possessing it causes shall we say things to happen both in the world and to the person who hold them. There will be a trail of vengeance connected to this blade. If I had to guess the gladius would be hidden in a place where violence was rampant enough to hide the effects of the weapon. Tell me can your fancy sword search for such a thing?"

@Dr. Dapper

Edited by Nathrangking

"Places where there is constant violence. That could be any major city in the world." Ashley said with a smile, pulling her sword out of the ground. "She closed her eyes, focusing on the sword in her hands, which seemed to gain a slight sheen, as if the light was slipping off of it. She sent her senses out, feeling for places where violence was constant, unending. After a minute, she opened her eyes. "Nothing stands out." Ashley muttered, trying to think of a way around the problem. She looked at Alexander, then down at herself. She still had Baalhan's arrow, stuck through her belt. It had a resonance, one that reminded Ashley of every battle she'd fought, every person she'd had to kill. She let that resonance fill her, then closed her eyes once again. She felt blindly across the world once again, searching the places she'd found before again, this time, looking for something like the resonance that now filled her. After a few minutes, she found something. 

"Chicago." she murmured, then fell to her knees, overwhelmed by the echoes of bloodlust that rang through her head. She breathed deeply, willing the feeling away. It dissipated after a moment, leaving only a slight headache. 

3 hours ago, bees? said:

Tut’Kor’Anuumo shrugs. “Leila, we both face a similar quandary, but for quite dissimilar reasons. You fear fighting because you claim to not be a warrior. I fear combat because if my other half and I decide to attack, the universe could be corrupted beyond belief, especially if we ever come in contact during the fighting.”

@Sorana

I'm sorry bees, but Leila and Balhaan went into an adjacent room and errected spells to stop sound from moving away from them.

=================

9 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I can feel our magics blend together seamlessly as I project a strength that I only partially feel. I draw as much from her as she does from me trying my best to kill the gnawing dread that I keep locked away. The dread falls deeper into the prison that I have built for it. Strength flows through me though it remains locked within me. 

I can detect her worry and it kindles anger within me. I know that being strategic is necessary, but at that moment I wanted nothing less than to destroy those who brought Leila worry. She has rarely been an actor in the main events of the world. The way that she is showing strength despite being asked to do this reaffirms my feelings toward her. Her eyes are examining me as though searching for that which lies at the core of my being. It is as though she is seeking the secrets that I hide from all.

She may not be a warrior in practice, but she has the spirit of one. I find that her willingness to stand by me now may just end up being our strength and source of victory. Those who discard us will meet fates of their own creation. Such has happened in the past and sch will happen again.

I suppress my shock at her insistence that she will be defeated with ease. "You don't give yourself enough credit. You will not be taken by them this I swear by my divine essence. Firstly, make use of the powers of the nexus that exists in this place. I know not if it was here before or your presence created it, but a nearly inexhaustible well of power flows in this place in your hands you would gain great might in the hands of the enemy it would be catastrophic. My first peice of advice would be to harness that. Secondly, accept the blessing of victory which I gave to us all. Only by the acceptance of a deity can the blessing of a deity take effect. Next, I shall stand by you and fight by your side. Should however we be separated you will be armed for war." My voice takes a serious tone as I say this. I will by bow and quiver into the air beside us. They float there of their own accords. "Take my bow and quiver. The arrows are nearly inexhaustible. The bow itself will be hard pressed to miss its target,"

@Sorana

His word's are intense, with a little bit of anger hidden beneath them and she gently nudges him to take more, knows that the feeling of her power is soothing and calming him, just as she can pull strength from his. Only when he is finished does she slowly dipp her chin forward, inclines her head in acceptance when she reaches out for his blessing, draws it into her core. A shivver runs through her body and soul when she feels his power deep within her, so different and yet so similar to her own. They are like characters in the same story, created to appeal to different kind of readers, and yet share a chapter, even a whole arch nonetheless.

Straightening again she lifts a hand, reaches out into the air next to them and a quill with a long, red feather appears over her palm, hovering in the air. "It's a key." She says in the same serious tone he uses. "If needed, it will lead you to a nexus larger than this one, to a place whose location was forgotten, but that is part of history and fiction alike. Just like the Battle of Kadesh or the city lost beneath the ocean. Humanity no longer has access to this library, but I preserved it, moved it a little to protect it from fire and destruction."

She is strongest there, at a place that is part of literature, central piece of so many tales, that inspired creative minds for centuries and that, at the same time is rooted deeply in history as well. "It's my home." She tells him instead, pride making her eyes gleam and her voice strong, "my library, not a small place like this one, but a real library. You can wander the ailes for centuries without ever having seen all of it."

Only then does she reach out and extend a hand towards his bow and quiver, gentle closes her fingers around them. She never used a bow before, normally relies on her powers to solve a conflict when it shows up. But nothing about humans killing gods is normal and unusual times call for her to change to adapt, to live up to those she usually writes about. There will be a place for her in this war, one that suits her, as the battlefield suits him. The bow is thrumming with power, the quiver light despite the amount of arrows waiting in there.

"I accept your blessing and gift, Balhaan." She switches languages again, her words more than a simple thank you. "I will use them to bring honor to you and your name." The weapons vanish when she reaches out, draws in her essence, the mortal shape she uses vanishing, leaving a goddess of old, as depicted in every story and tale ever since she came to existence.

"History will look kindly upon your deeds."

On 3/20/2020 at 7:34 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

"Places where there is constant violence. That could be any major city in the world." Ashley said with a smile, pulling her sword out of the ground. "She closed her eyes, focusing on the sword in her hands, which seemed to gain a slight sheen, as if the light was slipping off of it. She sent her senses out, feeling for places where violence was constant, unending. After a minute, she opened her eyes. "Nothing stands out." Ashley muttered, trying to think of a way around the problem. She looked at Alexander, then down at herself. She still had Baalhan's arrow, stuck through her belt. It had a resonance, one that reminded Ashley of every battle she'd fought, every person she'd had to kill. She let that resonance fill her, then closed her eyes once again. She felt blindly across the world once again, searching the places she'd found before again, this time, looking for something like the resonance that now filled her. After a few minutes, she found something. 

"Chicago." she murmured, then fell to her knees, overwhelmed by the echoes of bloodlust that rang through her head. She breathed deeply, willing the feeling away. It dissipated after a moment, leaving only a slight headache. 

On 3/21/2020 at 2:53 AM, Sorana said:

=================

His word's are intense, with a little bit of anger hidden beneath them and she gently nudges him to take more, knows that the feeling of her power is soothing and calming him, just as she can pull strength from his. Only when he is finished does she slowly dipp her chin forward, inclines her head in acceptance when she reaches out for his blessing, draws it into her core. A shivver runs through her body and soul when she feels his power deep within her, so different and yet so similar to her own. They are like characters in the same story, created to appeal to different kind of readers, and yet share a chapter, even a whole arch nonetheless.

Straightening again she lifts a hand, reaches out into the air next to them and a quill with a long, red feather appears over her palm, hovering in the air. "It's a key." She says in the same serious tone he uses. "If needed, it will lead you to a nexus larger than this one, to a place whose location was forgotten, but that is part of history and fiction alike. Just like the Battle of Kadesh or the city lost beneath the ocean. Humanity no longer has access to this library, but I preserved it, moved it a little to protect it from fire and destruction."

She is strongest there, at a place that is part of literature, central piece of so many tales, that inspired creative minds for centuries and that, at the same time is rooted deeply in history as well. "It's my home." She tells him instead, pride making her eyes gleam and her voice strong, "my library, not a small place like this one, but a real library. You can wander the ailes for centuries without ever having seen all of it."

Only then does she reach out and extend a hand towards his bow and quiver, gentle closes her fingers around them. She never used a bow before, normally relies on her powers to solve a conflict when it shows up. But nothing about humans killing gods is normal and unusual times call for her to change to adapt, to live up to those she usually writes about. There will be a place for her in this war, one that suits her, as the battlefield suits him. The bow is thrumming with power, the quiver light despite the amount of arrows waiting in there.

"I accept your blessing and gift, Balhaan." She switches languages again, her words more than a simple thank you. "I will use them to bring honor to you and your name." The weapons vanish when she reaches out, draws in her essence, the mortal shape she uses vanishing, leaving a goddess of old, as depicted in every story and tale ever since she came to existence.

"History will look kindly upon your deeds."

I stand unimpressed by her observations and her reaction to discovering the location of the Gladius. She was careless in her search. This mercenary allowed herself to be overwhelmed by the call of one of the weapons of War. Everything that I told her was true. The sisters call for each other constantly. Terrible things happen when mortals abuse divine powers. These that were partially forged by Baalhan's hands call for his blade. There are reasons why they were scattered. That a mortal in the city of Chicago is wreaking havoc is clever. The supposed violence of that American city is so virulent so I have heard that it would make for a sufficient hiding place. I allow no emotion to reflect in my voice as I respond to her statement. "So the weapon  of vengeance has found its way to America. We must exercise caution. The blade is dangerous not just by use, but even by proximity. If you thought that you were effected by simply searching for it then I have to tell you that being near it infinitely worse." I have felt the power of such weapons first hand. Few things inspire fear in me, but these terrify me. "Give me the arrow I have one more trick of my own." I hold out my hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch and feel as she accepts my blessing and transforms into the powerful goddess of old. I can feel the way that my blessing and gift becomes one with her essence. At the same time I draw strength from her calming myself and preparing for that which I must now do. I reach out my hand and carefully take the floating quill. The power of the quill flows through me and joins with mine vanishing into the aether. I mirror her use of the language of the divine. "As they shall gaze upon yours in admiration. I shall guard this which you have given. It shall be for you and your name a source of honor and pride." Ours are words which hold great power once given form. The air thrummed with their power for a moment before subsiding. I dread what I must do, however to fight this war such will be necessary. 

With a thought the power which reinforced Leila's spell took my form. I switch back to a more mundane tongue "There are things which I must do to call armies to aid us. For a short while I must go, but this avatar will stay it will be as your shadow." I nod and it falls to the ground and fuses with her shadow. "Command it to rise or return to its state and it will do so for you and you alone. By your will alone will it act." I turn now resigned. "I shall return as quickly as I may. By your leave." I hope that all that I have given to her will be enough until I return.

@Dr. Dapper @Sorana

Edited by Nathrangking

12 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I watch and feel as she accepts my blessing and transforms into the powerful goddess of old. I can feel the way that my blessing and gift becomes one with her essence. At the same time I draw strength from her calming myself and preparing for that which I must now do. I reach out my hand and carefully take the floating quill. The power of the quill flows through me and joins with mine vanishing into the aether. I mirror her use of the language of the divine. "As they shall gaze upon yours in admiration. I shall guard this which you have given. It shall be for you and your name a source of honor and pride." Ours are words which hold great power once given form. The air thrummed with their power for a moment before subsiding. I dread what I must do, however to fight this war such will be necessary. 

With a thought the power which reinforced Leila's spell took my form. I switch back to a more mundane tongue "There are things which I must do to call armies to aid us. For a short while I must go, but this avatar will stay it will be as your shadow." I nod and it falls to the ground and fuses with her shadow. "Command it to rise or return to its state and it will do so for you and you alone. By your will alone will it act." I turn now resigned. "I shall return as quickly as I may. By your leave." I hope that all that I have given to her will be enough until I return.

@Dr. Dapper @Sorana

Leila inclines her head and with a short flick of her fingers dispelled the glowing circle around them. "Take care Balhaan." I don't want to loose another friend. She continued to look at him for another moment and then, changing her form back to her normal shape of a young woman, quickly turned away from him. Dread grasped her heart at the prospect to split up, at the fight awaiting them. "I will return to my other guests. See if I can help there." Come back, please.

She walked out of the room, lifted her hand in a silent goodbye. They would do what they had to do. They always had and there was no reason why they should stop now.

When she returned, those she had left behind were still there and she sat down in an armchair again. "Excuse me." She apologized mostly because it was polite. "What did I miss, did you decide on any next steps?"

@EXPERIENCE

@bees?

@kenod

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Leila inclines her head and with a short flick of her fingers dispelled the glowing circle around them. "Take care Balhaan." I don't want to loose another friend. She continued to look at him for another moment and then, changing her form back to her normal shape of a young woman, quickly turned away from him. Dread grasped her heart at the prospect to split up, at the fight awaiting them. "I will return to my other guests. See if I can help there." Come back, please.

She walked out of the room, lifted her hand in a silent goodbye. They would do what they had to do. They always had and there was no reason why they should stop now.

When she returned, those she had left behind were still there and she sat down in an armchair again. "Excuse me." She apologized mostly because it was polite. "What did I miss, did you decide on any next steps?"

@EXPERIENCE

@bees?

@kenod

I know what the prospect of our separation will drive fear into Leila's heart. Were I to have any other choice I would not go. Stay safe Leila. I waited for her to leave and I lift my hand wishing her a farewell for now. Once she is gone  from sight I mutter a spell in the language of the most ancient deities while my arms are spread. "Realm of Baalhan take in thy sovereign's form. Open I say. Open.

A pulse of sapphire magic makes the room vanishes the instant that I complete the spell. Suddenly, I stand in the vast throne room of alabaster and marble where I had met Alexander. Braziers line the walls sending out bright light and clouds of incense. Prayers drift through the hall. Myriad voices echo requesting my aid. I clap my hands and the voices are judged upon a mystical metal scale. Those whom are worthy receive my blessing those who are not are punished in their time. 

This is the epicenter of my realm. This is the place from where my kingdom extends.It is a construct of my will in the midst of the divine realms between dimensions. From this place I can travel anywhere. I close my eyes and extend my essence outward searching for a point in infinity. When I find it I reach for it and vanish back into the material realm. I see the tears in the divine realm and the awful things that struggle to break through. Before my eyes kingdoms grow and burn. Prosperity and chaos spreads out as I race across the vast pathways of divine realms. I come to a stop after what seems to me like a moment, but that which for a mortal would seem to last a lifetime.

I appear at the front door of a massive villa. All around me the smell of olive groves and Mediteranean air suffuse the air. I close my eyes for an instant and allow the history of this land to flow through me. All of the memories of this land spanning millennia fill me with the kind of nostalgia that can only be known by a divine being. I am pulled my nostalgia by screams and the release of a dozen gun safety's. I open my eyes and see a dozen serious looking men and women carrying HK MP5's set up in a ring all around me. Before they can say a word I turn to the sharpest dressed and most professional looking member of the group and give a slight nod. "Tell the Don that Baalhan wishes to speak with him." When they shift uncomfortably, but do not move other than that I rear back my head and let out a roar that rattles these hardened body guards and forces them to drop their weapons. "Don Abruzzo is this how you treat allies?"  Immediately a sudden burst of sound erupts over their ear pieces and causes all of the color to drain from their faces. They pick up their weapons and then scatter like mice before a cat. I am left alone with the heir to the global operations of the Italian Mafia. 

"Take me to your father Julia." A look of shock crosses her face as she stands still unsure of what to do. Internally I sigh and walk past her and pound on the front door with enough strength to rattle the door on its hinges. A moment later a slick looking silver haired man in a custom tailored suit opens the door. I don't react to the serpent's smile. I do unpleasant things at times that are needed. Though I temper such actions, because chaos is not my way.

He bows deeply and then straightens up spryly. "My friend what brings you here?" His voice is undiminished by age and the violence of his youth remains in his eyes. I take a step forward into the villa and he takes a step back. I reach behind me and push the door shut. I don't even bother to look around at the art bought by his dishonorable and chaotic enterprises. 

"Can we speak in private Abruzzo?" My voice is emotionless as I reduce my height so that I stand eye to eye with him. I stare straight into his eyes. He flinches and looks away. "As you say my lord." He leads me up a central staircase in the main foyer. Together we ascend in silence to the second floor of the villa. Everyone stares at us as we walk toward his study, but they keep their mouths shut. When we reach a rich walnut paneled door halfway down the right side of the hallway we stop. He touches a space on the wall next to the door. The panel opens and reveals a palm print scanner and password pad. He pulls out his phone and presses in a code and quickly types in a code into the keypad. The door opens and slides inward. The panel closes and we step through. The door seals behind us and the incandescent lights turn on. 

Abruzzo trembles a bit as he moves across the room to his massive mahogany desk. Book laden shelves that look more impressive than they aught to be, The heavy cherry wood french doors block access to the balcony. Once he settles nervously into his chair I will myself back to my previous height.  "Tell me Abruzzo, what do you know about an organization that calls itself The God Complex?"

19 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I stand unimpressed by her observations and her reaction to discovering the location of the Gladius. She was careless in her search. This mercenary allowed herself to be overwhelmed by the call of one of the weapons of War. Everything that I told her was true. The sisters call for each other constantly. Terrible things happen when mortals abuse divine powers. These that were partially forged by Baalhan's hands call for his blade. There are reasons why they were scattered. That a mortal in the city of Chicago is wreaking havoc is clever. The supposed violence of that American city is so virulent so I have heard that it would make for a sufficient hiding place. I allow no emotion to reflect in my voice as I respond to her statement. "So the weapon vengeance has found its way to America. We must exercise caution. The blade is dangerous not just by use, but even by proximity. If you thought that you were effected by simply searching for it then I have to tell you that being near it infinitely worse." I have felt the power of such weapons first hand. Few things inspire fear in me, but these terrify me. "Give me the arrow I have one more trick of my own." I hold out my hand.

Ashley handed him the arrow, expressionless. "Understood. I was unprepared this time. I won't be again." She didn't plan to be caught off guard again. There were ways that she could protect herself from the effects of the weapon, both magical and mundane in nature. "Do you think they're foolish enough to actually wield the gladius? Or will they keep it hidden?" She had lost quite a bit of her bravado and was mentally preparing herself for the inevitable battle that lay ahead of them. 

16 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ashley handed him the arrow, expressionless. "Understood. I was unprepared this time. I won't be again." She didn't plan to be caught off guard again. There were ways that she could protect herself from the effects of the weapon, both magical and mundane in nature. "Do you think they're foolish enough to actually wield the gladius? Or will they keep it hidden?" She had lost quite a bit of her bravado and was mentally preparing herself for the inevitable battle that lay ahead of them. 

I take the arrow and feel the thrumming power course through me. The might of War's arrow is a familiar friend whose strength reminds me well of things that I have seen. This immortal almost certainly cannot begin to imagine what I have known. She may have dropped her irreverent attitude just a little, but she will have much to learn. "Whether they are fools remains to be seen. The ego's of those involved will play a role as to whether they are willing to risk self destruction. Tell me is you had such a weapon what would you do." 

I wait don't wait for her to respond. I toss the arrow into the air and immediately begin to chant in the language of my ancestors. "Might of war hear my voice. I Alexander of Uruk, ward of Baalhan, apprentice of Anubis, and heir of Gilgamesh call upon the nexus of the mortal realm. Let this power guide us through this conduit to the place where vengeance is held. I invoke you this day answer me!" My voice reaches a crescendo as I complete the spell. The winds begin to blow and the sands explode with light. The arrow tumbles and spins through the air. A vortex of sand surrounds us and blocks out the world. It collapses inward over us and before the sand clears the we are gone as though we had never existed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I close my eyes and hold up an armored hand to silence Abruzzo before he can answer. I mutter a spell and suddenly I can see through my Avatar's eyes. I split off a small portion and create a second avatar. I whisper a prayer to Leila "Another avatar of mine will arrive in moments I have a few ideas how we can move forward." My avatar walks into the room. I notice that Sangus and his daughter are absent. I keep my avatar's face expressionless though I store that information away.

"I'd like to apologize for our temporary absence. I have several steps that we can take." I turn to Aiwass. "You mentioned having an agent embedded with the God Complex. Reach out to them and see if they are willing to help and if not see what you can do to blunt their efforts." I turn to Ku "Ku, can you prepare your troops to move on command?" I turn to Tut'Kor'Anuumo "If I direct you to certain safe houses would you be able to bolster their protections?"

I open my eyes and lower my hand. Abruzzo gulped and began to speak. "I have heard rumors my lord. They are a chaotic group whose goals are unknown to me. However, some have said that they seek to start an unprecedented war. I believe that some of my holdings may have done business with them."

Anger entered my soul, but I did not let it show. "I will need two things of you Don. First, no one is to do business with them. From this day on they are off limits anyone who works with them is to be executed. You are to see to this personally. Do you understand" He nods a serious look enveloping him. "Second' I will need as many soldiers as you can spare to aid me in my war against the God Complex. Gather them at your compound in Santorini as quickly and quietly as possible. Use only the old ways. Modern methods are unreliable you know. I will head there soon enough. Now Don Abruzzo earn that which I have given you." I close my eyes and again mutter "Realm of Baalhan take in thy sovereign's form. Open I say. Open." In an instant I'm gone.

@Dr. Dapper @bees? @EXPERIENCE @Sorana @kenod

Tut'Kor'Anuumo shrugged. “I don’t exactly work with things like that. Again, if my other half were in my place, things would be different. I’ll see if we can switch spots.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Caebdar blinked, a conversation between him and Tut’Kor’Anuumo passing in less than a second. “I fear that I may be required to leave you for the moment, Barbados. However, I will leave my other half in my stead.”

In a stomach twisting bend of reality, Tut’Kor’Anuumo and Caebdar’s places are swapped.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Caebdar stepped out of where Tut’Kor’Anuumo had previously stood. “Hello, young ones. It seems that there has been an exchange in persons.”

If you couldn’t tell it went 

1) not pantheon group

2) pantheon group

3) not pantheon group again 

@Darth Woodrack @Nathrangking @Sorana

Ashley shook her head, quickly getting her bearings. They were on the street, somewhere in the outskirts of Chicago. She looked at Alexander, shaking his head slightly. He could stand to learn some humility, even if most of what he said was true. He had the air of a god, almost, despite only being a man. "If I had a weapon with the power of that gladius, I would keep it, I think. Not because I want to wield it, but because I fear what others would do if they had it. If I could destroy it, I would." Ashley shook her head, feeling the presence of the gladius as she spoke. Quickly, she focused her mind, pushing away emotion and letting an near-nothingness grip her. As she'd thought, it drove the thoughts of bloodlust away, and left her with a clear mind. 

~~~~~~

Sangus stood, nodding to his friend. “I must go now, to speak to my other followers, but I’ll be back soon enough, for tea.” 

Koichi nodded, “Please, allow me to send some of my men with you, for extra protection. Even Luna cannot watch everywhere at once, I think.” 

Sangus sighed. His old friend was right, and with Luna’s blessing, the men Koichi sent would be very helpful. Sangus would trust Koichi with his life, the yakuza boss had very nearly sacrificed his own life for Sangus more than once. And Koichi’s men were loyal to death. “That is a good idea, my friend. Luna may think she can be everywhere at once, but she is still somewhat limited.” Luna scowled slightly, but had no other reaction. 

“My nephew, Ken, has a group of warriors. I will call him.” Koichi said, taking his phone from his pocket and dialing a number. He spoke for a few moments, then hung up. “He’ll be up in just a moment.” 

Sangus nodded, walking to the door and opening it. As he entered the lobby, an elevator opened, allowing a group of five men onto the landing. They were well dressed, though their choices were more casual than sharp. “You know who I am?” he asked the leader, a tall man in a trench coat and a white shirt with the collar undone, revealing the tattoos that covered his body. Ken nodded, glancing at Luna as she exited the room. Sangus looked at Luna, then nodded to the men. His daughter sighed, but murmured under her breath, giving the men a powerful blessing to aid them. Now when protecting another, they would have near-superhuman strength and stamina, and be able to recover from wounds that would kill a normal human relatively easily. “At least one of you should stay with me at all times, but I may send others away on various missions. Now, we have many other groups to visit before our journey is done, so let’s go.” Sangus looked over the men again, noting their weaponry. Several of them had folding-stock submachine guns in their hands, and all of them carried handguns. Ken himself had an odachi, which he carried casually over one shoulder. 

Sangus considered his next destination for a moment, then shifted them to New Orleans. There was a rather large group of his followers here, and they had many connections all over the US.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:56 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

Ashley shook her head, quickly getting her bearings. They were on the street, somewhere in the outskirts of Chicago. She looked at Alexander, shaking his head slightly. He could stand to learn some humility, even if most of what he said was true. He had the air of a god, almost, despite only being a man. "If I had a weapon with the power of that gladius, I would keep it, I think. Not because I want to wield it, but because I fear what others would do if they had it. If I could destroy it, I would." Ashley shook her head, feeling the presence of the gladius as she spoke. Quickly, she focused her mind, pushing away emotion and letting an near-nothingness grip her. As she'd thought, it drove the thoughts of bloodlust away, and left her with a clear mind. 

~~~~~~

Sangus stood, nodding to his friend. “I must go now, to speak to my other followers, but I’ll be back soon enough, for tea.” 

Koichi nodded, “Please, allow me to send some of my men with you, for extra protection. Even Luna cannot watch everywhere at once, I think.” 

Sangus sighed. His old friend was right, and with Luna’s blessing, the men Koichi sent would be very helpful. Sangus would trust Koichi with his life, the yakuza boss had very nearly sacrificed his own life for Sangus more than once. And Koichi’s men were loyal to death. “That is a good idea, my friend. Luna may think she can be everywhere at once, but she is still somewhat limited.” Luna scowled slightly, but had no other reaction. 

“My nephew, Ken, has a group of warriors. I will call him.” Koichi said, taking his phone from his pocket and dialing a number. He spoke for a few moments, then hung up. “He’ll be up in just a moment.” 

Sangus nodded, walking to the door and opening it. As he entered the lobby, an elevator opened, allowing a group of five men onto the landing. They were well dressed, though their choices were more casual than sharp. “You know who I am?” he asked the leader, a tall man in a trench coat and a white shirt with the collar undone, revealing the tattoos that covered his body. Ken nodded, glancing at Luna as she exited the room. Sangus looked at Luna, then nodded to the men. His daughter sighed, but murmured under her breath, giving the men a powerful blessing to aid them. Now when protecting another, they would have near-superhuman strength and stamina, and be able to recover from wounds that would kill a normal human relatively easily. “At least one of you should stay with me at all times, but I may send others away on various missions. Now, we have many other groups to visit before our journey is done, so let’s go.” Sangus looked over the men again, noting their weaponry. Several of them had folding-stock submachine guns in their hands, and all of them carried handguns. Ken himself had an odachi, which he carried casually over one shoulder. 

Sangus considered his next destination for a moment, then shifted them to New Orleans. There was a rather large group of his followers here, and they had many connections all over the US.

On 3/23/2020 at 7:50 PM, bees? said:

Tut'Kor'Anuumo shrugged. “I don’t exactly work with things like that. Again, if my other half were in my place, things would be different. I’ll see if we can switch spots.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Caebdar blinked, a conversation between him and Tut’Kor’Anuumo passing in less than a second. “I fear that I may be required to leave you for the moment, Barbados. However, I will leave my other half in my stead.”

In a stomach twisting bend of reality, Tut’Kor’Anuumo and Caebdar’s places are swapped.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Caebdar stepped out of where Tut’Kor’Anuumo had previously stood. “Hello, young ones. It seems that there has been an exchange in persons.”

I shake my head slightly only now remembering the jarring nature of the spell that I just cast. I really need to take it easy on the spells. They can be quote draining. There is a dull ache in my bones and a rapid increase in my heartbeat which would be far worse if not for my heritage. I steel myself and take in a few calming breaths practicing one of several techniques that instantly slow my heart rate back to normal. I envision the whole of my being floating across a vast calming sea which absorbs into my every pore. It saps the pain and strain upon my body and mind leaving me calm and focused. All of this takes place in the blink of an eye and when I return to reality I feel the overpowering might of the gladius wash over me. A lust for violence worms its way down into my soul struggling to finds purchase. It is so foolish a thing to to believe that the power of Mars can forever be ignored. However, it can be harnessed and made to serve instead of being given reign. I did it once before and I can do it again. I pull in this power and it settles within me. Its pushing lessons and then stops as I take a fragment of its demanding aura. I nod slightly in respect. "You would keep this weapon to deprive others of its power?" Bold indeed. I  put down my duffel for a moment dust myself off. I then pick it up and begin to walk toward the call. It sounds in my a song so pure and powerful that it rings the whole of my being.  "I find it most interesting that you would hide such power. Most are tempted even if not immediately, but overtime. We shall see if you feel the same when you hold the weapon in your hand. Its call will grow ever greater. There are few things which worry me in this world the carnage that the sisters can produce are high up on that list." I keep my head on a swivel and my hand near my bowie knife.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't show any reaction as Caebdar appears in the place of Tut’Kor’Anuumo. These two will be trouble. They are likely spies and we will have to keep an eye on them. " Tut’Kor’Anuumo tells us that you may be able to aid us in our fight." I whisper a prayer to Leila "We must watch those two they may yet be trouble." 

I focus on a distant point even before I arrive back in my throne room. In mid- travel I change course in this endless realm. Moments later I appear in front of a Dacha and heavy oak door overlooking the Baltic Sea.

@Sorana @Dr. Dapper @bees?

Edited by Nathrangking