The God Complex

Darth Woodrack

Third Character  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we allow a tertiary, non godly, character?

• Yes
    • No

Leila dipped her quill into her inkpot and closed her eyes for a moment pictures what she wanted to write, which tone she wanted to set. Opening her eyes again they had changed their colour were a pale mixture of yellow and brown, just like paper that had spent too much time in the sun. And then she started to write.

Words quickly filled the page when she spun a tale. A sad tale that started with lost friends and gruesome murder. A dark tale that continued with shed tears and grieve so strong it brought those left behind to their knees. A beautiful tale, for then hope arouse, hope and courage to save and protect those that were left, to find the missing ones and make sure that they would survive. Leila gently wove a little strand of power into her words, subtly making them a little more compelling, a little more touching than they usually would. She found a wry grin touch her lips when she started to gently sneak some lies between the half-truths she used to ask for help. Lies that hinted at brave heroes splitting up and looking for their friends on every continent. Lies that spoke of rising and army in a secret place and starting to train them to be ready for a huge, history changing battle in a few months. And then finally, the most heartbreaking truth of all, admitting that they didn't know where the lost ones were, a little exaggeration on their fear and desperation hoping that their enemies might think them weak and careless. She finished her tale with a plea and another spark of hope, a hint of light at the horizon.

When she was done she lifted a hand and wiped a tear out of her eye, feeling raw and empty. Not quite meeting the eyes of the other gods she read through her tale and then gave one, quick nod, satisfied with her creation. It was good. Emotional, strong and hopefully close enough to the truth that the lies would blend in completely. Walking over to the table she put the scroll down in front of Sangus. "It is done." She announced softly and then with a slight pang of loss she let go of it.

"I will wipe them them out." Leila didn't raise her voice, but it was strong with conviction. "Once you are done with them, I will erase their names from history. I will neglect them their heritage. Noone will think of carrying on, of living up to them. They will be nothing but nameless shadows lost between all the tales that deserve to be told. We will know and we will remember this warning, we have to, but they - "

Finally looking up she met the eyes of each god around the table. She was no warrior like Balhaan, not as strong Caeli or Chao and she certainly had less followers than any of them. She wasn't wise, had no idea how to wield a weapon and her ressources were meager. But there was one thing she could do.

"They will be forgotten."

@Nathrangking @Dr. Dapper @ZincAboutIt @bees? @Blessing of Potency

Alexander looks around at his comrades. Two members of his unit lay still on the ground. It is never easy to lose friends in war. He takes a moment by each of the fallen and mutters a short prayer over them. The hardness in his eyes softens a little bit when he thinks not of the dead, but of the living. Today a threat to the security of the world was neutralized. In moments he focuses on the sound of the approaching transport which will take him from this place that he had abandoned and memories of the dead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

Leila dipped her quill into her inkpot and closed her eyes for a moment pictures what she wanted to write, which tone she wanted to set. Opening her eyes again they had changed their colour were a pale mixture of yellow and brown, just like paper that had spent too much time in the sun. And then she started to write.

Words quickly filled the page when she spun a tale. A sad tale that started with lost friends and gruesome murder. A dark tale that continued with shed tears and grieve so strong it brought those left behind to their knees. A beautiful tale, for then hope arouse, hope and courage to save and protect those that were left, to find the missing ones and make sure that they would survive. Leila gently wove a little strand of power into her words, subtly making them a little more compelling, a little more touching than they usually would. She found a wry grin touch her lips when she started to gently sneak some lies between the half-truths she used to ask for help. Lies that hinted at brave heroes splitting up and looking for their friends on every continent. Lies that spoke of rising and army in a secret place and starting to train them to be ready for a huge, history changing battle in a few months. And then finally, the most heartbreaking truth of all, admitting that they didn't know where the lost ones were, a little exaggeration on their fear and desperation hoping that their enemies might think them weak and careless. She finished her tale with a plea and another spark of hope, a hint of light at the horizon.

When she was done she lifted a hand and wiped a tear out of her eye, feeling raw and empty. Not quite meeting the eyes of the other gods she read through her tale and then gave one, quick nod, satisfied with her creation. It was good. Emotional, strong and hopefully close enough to the truth that the lies would blend in completely. Walking over to the table she put the scroll down in front of Sangus. "It is done." She announced softly and then with a slight pang of loss she let go of it.

"I will wipe them them out." Leila didn't raise her voice, but it was strong with conviction. "Once you are done with them, I will erase their names from history. I will neglect them their heritage. Noone will think of carrying on, of living up to them. They will be nothing but nameless shadows lost between all the tales that deserve to be told. We will know and we will remember this warning, we have to, but they - "

Finally looking up she met the eyes of each god around the table. She was no warrior like Balhaan, not as strong Caeli or Chao and she certainly had less followers than any of them. She wasn't wise, had no idea how to wield a weapon and her ressources were meager. But there was one thing she could do.

"They will be forgotten."

@Nathrangking @Dr. Dapper @ZincAboutIt @bees? @Blessing of Potency

"This that you shall do Leila will be our final act of revenge." 

I close my eyes and in my minds eye I see the face of an ally and friend. He will be the answer to the question of manpower. I trained him and his family for millennia. Soon very soon their legacy will be restored.I turn to each god and stare at each for a moment before continuing to talk. "I will reach out to an ally when we are adjourned. He may be able to give us insight and aid of a more militant nature."

@Dr. Dapper @ZincAboutIt @bees? @Blessing of Potency @Sorana

Edited by Nathrangking

16 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Alexander looks around at his comrades. Two members of his unit lay still on the ground. It is never easy to lose friends in war. He takes a moment by each of the fallen and mutters a short prayer over them. The hardness in his eyes softens a little bit when he thinks not of the dead, but of the living. Today a threat to the security of the world was neutralized. In moments he focuses on the sound of the approaching transport which will take him from this place that he had abandoned and memories of the dead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This that you shall do Leila will be our final act of revenge." 

I close my eyes and in my minds eye I see the face of an ally and friend. He will be the answer to the question of manpower. I trained him and his family for millennia. Soon very soon their legacy will be restored.I turn to each god and stare at each for a moment before continuing to talk. "I will reach out to an ally when we are adjourned. He may be able to give us insight and aid of a more militant nature."

@Dr. Dapper @ZincAboutIt @bees? @Blessing of Potency @Sorana

Sangus thought for a moment. "There is someone I should talk to, then. An old friend of mine." He smiled, "One of the few mortal friends I have. She has some experience in training and leading soldiers. I assume that would be helpful to our cause. She's also got a few... special powers that would make her a true thorn in the Complex's side." Sangus chuckled softly, returning to his seat. 

19 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Sangus thought for a moment. "There is someone I should talk to, then. An old friend of mine." He smiled, "One of the few mortal friends I have. She has some experience in training and leading soldiers. I assume that would be helpful to our cause. She's also got a few... special powers that would make her a true thorn in the Complex's side." Sangus chuckled softly, returning to his seat. 

A mortal with powers could make things interesting. Mortals are rather willing to abuse that which they are given. We shall see what will come of bringing mortals into the fold. "Call this friend of yours my old friend. Perhaps she can bring these skills of hers to bear upon our enemy. Let us hold council with our sources in a neutral site."

I turn to Leila "Leila we may require the use of your hideaway. By your leave we shall hold our next council in your safe house.  I think that we should keep this position hidden for now."

@Dr. Dapper @ZincAboutIt @bees? @Blessing of Potency @Sorana

Edited by Nathrangking

7 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

A mortal with powers could make things interesting. Mortals are rather willing to abuse that which they are given. We shall see what will come of bringing mortals into the fold. "Call this friend of yours my old friend. Perhaps she can bring these skills of hers to bear upon our enemy. Let us hold council with our sources in a neutral site."

I turn to Leila "Leila we may require the use of your hideaway. By your leave we shall hold our next council in your safe house.  I think that we should keep this position hidden for now."

Leila considered his words for a moment and then inclined her head. "As you will invite mortals -" she placed several sheets of paper on the table. "I suspect something they can grasp easily will be advantageous." It also meant, that she could keep her own place out of this story for a while longer. Without hesitating she wrote down an adress on each of the sheets and pushed them over to Balhaan and Sangus. The house was located in a quiet neighbourhood in a town just large enough that people didn't ask questions about each other. She had rented the flat years ago and mostly used it to collect volumes full of contemporary poems. "If you want to notify your friends or head to the place by yourself." She explained and added. "If they spill it's location no real harm will be done. But if you cherish their bodily condition, it would be beneficial if you each had the adress in your pocket when you try to open the door." Or they simply waited for her, but you never knew - it could easily be possible that they didn't have the time to wait for her.

Reaching out for her book she quickly filled another page, made sure she had the whole process that lead to this discussion covered. "If anybody wants to head directly there, you can always come with me." she offered, blew on her ink to dry it and then shut the book and stowed it away. It seemed as if this chapter was over for now.

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Leila considered his words for a moment and then inclined her head. "As you will invite mortals -" she placed several sheets of paper on the table. "I suspect something they can grasp easily will be advantageous." It also meant, that she could keep her own place out of this story for a while longer. Without hesitating she wrote down an adress on each of the sheets and pushed them over to Balhaan and Sangus. The house was located in a quiet neighbourhood in a town just large enough that people didn't ask questions about each other. She had rented the flat years ago and mostly used it to collect volumes full of contemporary poems. "If you want to notify your friends or head to the place by yourself." She explained and added. "If they spill it's location no real harm will be done. But if you cherish their bodily condition, it would be beneficial if you each had the adress in your pocket when you try to open the door." Or they simply waited for her, but you never knew - it could easily be possible that they didn't have the time to wait for her.

Reaching out for her book she quickly filled another page, made sure she had the whole process that lead to this discussion covered. "If anybody wants to head directly there, you can always come with me." she offered, blew on her ink to dry it and then shut the book and stowed it away. It seemed as if this chapter was over for now.

I reach out and take the page that Leila had pushed in front of me. A simple parchment with the location of what is sure to be a discreet safe house sits in my grasp.There is no small irony that she whose power influenced Shakespeare,  the writers of the Edda, and the writers of tales across the whole of this realm has now written something mundane as an address. The beautiful scrawling script seems to tell a story far beyond what the information itself seems to indicate. Leila has an important role to play I feel it. My old friend the time will come when you star in this tale.

"I will accompany you Leila. First, I will reach out to my ally."

I close my eyes. In a flash a large portion of my divine spirit splits off from me and travels through space. Dimensions fly by for a moment before I appear in a helicopter. My ward,  friend, and ally is seated against the wall of this troop transport helicopter in front of me. "Alexander of Uruk!" My roar carries over the sound of the rotors I believe they are called. Alexander's head jerks up and his eyes meet mine. He mutters a few words under his breath and I follow suit. Instantly, we both appear in a vast throne room of alabaster and marble. Alexander turns his emerald gaze on me and after a moment cocks an eyebrow.

"Baalhan why have you come so soon after you answered my prayer by killing two of my comrades?" A certain bitterness fills his accent absent voice. Pain burns behind his eyes. He says not another word.

"Hear me Alexander we have little time. Come to this place and redeem your family's honor." The page that Leila wrote appears in my hand and I hold it out to him. He takes it hesitantly. "Keep this with you my friend." My soft voice fades followed by the room.

I return to the chamber in the mountain and open my eyes. "By your leave Leila."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I open my eyes, but close them again as a migraine threatens to split my skull. That spell always drains me. It also gives me perspective as it always does. To be just another link in the chain of Gilgamesh and to lose friends and not have power over their fates always stirs anger in me. I practically spit at War himself. I made accusations about family's friend, guardian, and ally. I'll see what I can do about getting leave immediately. I owe him that.

Edited by Nathrangking

On 8.3.2020 at 9:23 PM, Nathrangking said:

I return to the chamber in the mountain and open my eyes. "By your leave Leila."

Standing up, Leila slung her bag over her shoulder and lifted her quill. Quickly she left a series of marks in the air, old symbols of scripture that had been forgotten centuries ago. She had to describe her location, which made it difficult if she hadn't seen the place, if she had no picture in mind, but it made it easy when she knew exactly where she was going. A circular portal opened up in the air in front of her, rimmed by golden symbols.

Stepping through she found herself smiling and the scent of old books that hung heavily in the air. It smelled like home, like safety. She stood in a long hallway with every inch of wall covered by shelves crammed with books. It streched on and on, with a turn visible at the end of it. Several doors led into rooms, each opening spilling some light into the hallway, although they couldn't quite banish the shadows in the corners. Leila extended a hand, gently touched the spines of the books close to her. The oldest ones here had been written several hundred years ago and she could faintly sense her own spell preserving them. Walking along the hallway she entered the first room of the place. Same as the hallway it was dominated by shelves, but only a small part of them were filled, with new books appearing every other heartbeat. Armchairs placed in front of the windows waited for her guests, as did pillows and some blankets. Leila sent a small sphere of light outside, indicating the right door and found herself reaching out for one of the new volumes of her collection. When she opened it, it made that sound of paper moving against paper, of the spine bending for the first time. It gently smelled after the ink used to print it and the glue they used nowadays for the spine. She leaved through the pages, reading some of the poems. They were - alright. With a sigh she put it back and picked up another one, that manifested between her fingers only to sigh again after a while. There was beatuy within these lines, beauty in the rhymes and the way the toyed with words and she loved the ideas, loved the emotion captured on these pages, but in the end - there was a reason why they were meeting between contemporary poems and not in one of her places dedicated to tales. Poems rarely spoke to her as a good story did.

Edited by Sorana

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Standing up, Leila slung her bag over her shoulder and lifted her quill. Quickly she left a series of marks in the air, old symbols of scripture that had been forgotten centuries ago. She had to describe her location, which made it difficult if she hadn't seen the place, if she had no picture in mind, but it made it easy when she knew exactly where she was going. A circular portal opened up in the air in front of her, rimmed by golden symbols.

Stepping through she found herself smiling and the scent of old books that hung heavily in the air. It smelled like home, like safety. She stood in a long hallway with every inch of wall covered by shelves crammed with books. It streched on and on, with a turn visible at the end of it. Several doors led into rooms, each opening spilling some light into the hallway, although they couldn't quite banish the shadows in the corners. Leila extended a hand, gently touched the spines of the books close to her. The oldest ones here had been written several hundred years ago and she could faintly sense her own spell preserving them. Walking along the hallway she entered the first room of the place. Same as the hallway it was dominated by shelves, but only a small part of them were filled, with new books appearing every other heartbeat. Armchairs placed in front of the windows waited for her guests, as did pillows and some blankets. Leila sent a small sphere of light outside, indicating the right door and found herself reaching out for one of the new volumes of her collection. When she opened it, it made that sound of paper moving against paper, of the sping bending for the first time. It gently smelled after the ink used to print it and the glue they used nowadays for the spine. She leaved through the pages, reading some of the poems. They were - alright. With a sigh she put it back and picked up another one, that manifested between her fingers only to sigh again after a while. There was beatuy within these lines, beauty in the rhymes and the way the toyed with words and she loved the ideas, loved the emotion captured on these pages, but in the end - there was a reason why they were meeting between contemporary poems and not in one of her places dedicated to tales. Poems rarely spoke to her as a good story did.

I step through behind her and allow myself to be swallowed by the smell of old tomes. I waste little time following her into a nicely furnished room. I take a seat in an armchair and lose myself in thought.

Sangus stood up. “Luna, go find Ashley and bring her back here please. A smile briefly crossed his daughter’s lips, before she grabbed her sword off the table and flashed away. 

———————————————————— 

Luna shifted into the edge of a forest, close to a highway. Shaking her head slightly, she strode out into the road just in time to spot Ashley driving past on a motorcycle. She tapped her foot on the road, causing it to ripple like water. Ashley slammed on the brakes, nearly pitching herself over the handlebars. Luna walked out into the road and caught Ashley’s longsword in one hand. “Careful with that.” she chided, “You might have actually hurt me.” 

Ashley sighed, smoothly sliding her sword back into its sheath. “Luna. Did Sangus send you, because I’ve got no time to run errands for him.” 

Luna grinned, relaxing a bit. Luna liked Ashley, though she could never be sure if the feeling was mutual. “This is important. More than just another errand for Father. It concerns the fate of every deity on this planet.” 

Ashley raised an eyebrow sceptically, though she was concerned. Luna didn’t make jokes like that. She gestured for Luna to continue. “What do you mean?” 

“The God Complex.” Luna said simply, “They have managed to slay a number of gods, and capture others. They must be stopped, at any cost. Some time ago, Barbados called a meeting of gods. He wished to form a pantheon to defeat the God Complex, and to make mortals bow to him.” Luna shrugged, “Something like that. Among the gods he had gathered, a few sided with him, my father among them. However, a number of other gods disagreed with Barbados, and Sangus saw wisdom in their words, and sided with them. The remainder have banded together into... something. It’s not really a pantheon, but then again it is.” 

Ashley whistled, “I’ve heard of the God Complex, they seem much more dangerous than any rumors. Where do I come in?” 

“Well, we cannot defeat them alone. We will need mortals to help us. You have several advantages. Firstly, you have experience training mortal soldiers.” Ashley nodded, already guessing what number two would be, “And secondly,” Luna said, “The nature of your curse makes you unkillable by mortal hands.” 

“Fine, I’ll come with you. Where are we going?” Ashley asked. Luna just grinned and put a hand on her shoulder, shifting them back to the fortress, where Sangus was waiting. He simply nodded at Ashley and picked up the paper, which was still on the table. The three of them disappeared, flashing into existence outside the door. 

“This is the place.” he said simply, opening the door and walking in, followed closely by Luna. Ashley walked in after the two of them, taking in details so she wouldn’t forget this place. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Sangus stood up. “Luna, go find Ashley and bring her back here please. A smile briefly crossed his daughter’s lips, before she grabbed her sword off the table and flashed away. 

———————————————————— 

Luna shifted into the edge of a forest, close to a highway. Shaking her head slightly, she strode out into the road just in time to spot Ashley driving past on a motorcycle. She tapped her foot on the road, causing it to ripple like water. Ashley slammed on the brakes, nearly pitching herself over the handlebars. Luna walked out into the road and caught Ashley’s longsword in one hand. “Careful with that.” she chided, “You might have actually hurt me.” 

Ashley sighed, smoothly sliding her sword back into its sheath. “Luna. Did Sangus send you, because I’ve got no time to run errands for him.” 

Luna grinned, relaxing a bit. Luna liked Ashley, though she could never be sure if the feeling was mutual. “This is important. More than just another errand for Father. It concerns the fate of every deity on this planet.” 

Ashley raised an eyebrow sceptically, though she was concerned. Luna didn’t make jokes like that. She gestured for Luna to continue. “What do you mean?” 

“The God Complex.” Luna said simply, “They have managed to slay a number of gods, and capture others. They must be stopped, at any cost. Some time ago, Barbados called a meeting of gods. He wished to form a pantheon to defeat the God Complex, and to make mortals bow to him.” Luna shrugged, “Something like that. Among the gods he had gathered, a few sided with him, my father among them. However, a number of other gods disagreed with Barbados, and Sangus saw wisdom in their words, and sided with them. The remainder have banded together into... something. It’s not really a pantheon, but then again it is.” 

Ashley whistled, “I’ve heard of the God Complex, they seem much more dangerous than any rumors. Where do I come in?” 

“Well, we cannot defeat them alone. We will need mortals to help us. You have several advantages. Firstly, you have experience training mortal soldiers.” Ashley nodded, already guessing what number two would be, “And secondly,” Luna said, “The nature of your curse makes you unkillable by mortal hands.” 

“Fine, I’ll come with you. Where are we going?” Ashley asked. Luna just grinned and put a hand on her shoulder, shifting them back to the fortress, where Sangus was waiting. He simply nodded at Ashley and picked up the paper, which was still on the table. The three of them disappeared, flashing into existence outside the door. 

“This is the place.” he said simply, opening the door and walking in, followed closely by Luna. Ashley walked in after the two of them, taking in details so she wouldn’t forget this place. 

A powerful stench wafts through the air. My thoughts which had been turning to the ways in which Alexander might work in tandem with Sangus' friend to wage our war are violently wrenched back to the present. The smell of recently spilled blood, torn flesh, and death floats through the halls and into the room. I inhale the scents that I know so well. They cling to me and embrace me as an old friend. If these come from the mortal that Sangus calls friend then things will be very interesting. I sense the spirit of a warrior nearby. Possibly this is the source of that which I have long known. A slight gleam projects off of my armor as an inferno erupts to life within me. My eyes take on an almost blinding sheen. Rippling waves of energy race up and down my body. The air fills with ancient power that bends space around me. Stillness like the moment before battle breaks rapidly expands outward consuming everything in its path. We shall see whether this one is worthy to bear the right of my standard. I turn to Leila. "Things are about to get interesting."

@Dr. Dapper @Sorana @ZincAboutIt @bees? @Blessed peace

Leila looked up from her book, and grimaced at the strench that slowly crept into her nose. She knew it, would recognize it anywhere and she slowly closed the collection of poems and sorted it back in the shelf. It wasn't the newest one anymore, others had appeared, their spines and covers as different from each other as their languages were. With a little twist of her wrist her fingers closed around a quill, a beautiful checkered one this time and she drew her own powers around herself like a cloak. She met Balhaan's eyes sternly for a moment without saying anything and then stepped outside into the hallway, not loosening her grip on what was hers.

She inclined her head in greeting at Sangus and Luna, then moved her gaze to the one they had brought here. Another woman and from the way she held herself and Balhaan's reaction another warrior. "Welcome to my place." She took a single step back and made an inviting gesture towards the room she where she had been waiting for them to arrive. When she spoke again she made sure that she was talking to them all. "I would greatly appreciate if none of you harmed any of mine."

@Nathrangking @Dr. Dapper

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Leila looked up from her book, and grimaced at the strench that slowly crept into her nose. She knew it, would recognize it anywhere and she slowly closed the collection of poems and sorted it back in the shelf. It wasn't the newest one anymore, others had appeared, their spines and covers as different from each other as their languages were. With a little twist of her wrist her fingers closed around a quill, a beautiful checkered one this time and she drew her own powers around herself like a cloak. She met Balhaan's eyes sternly for a moment without saying anything and then stepped outside into the hallway, not loosening her grip on what was hers.

She inclined her head in greeting at Sangus and Luna, then moved her gaze to the one they had brought here. Another woman and from the way she held herself and Balhaan's reaction another warrior. "Welcome to my place." She took a single step back and made an inviting gesture towards the room she where she had been waiting for them to arrive. When she spoke again she made sure that she was talking to them all. "I would greatly appreciate if none of you harmed any of mine."

@Nathrangking @Dr. Dapper

The coalescing of Leila's power has an almost calming effect. Tendrils of power withdraw slightly. Something that in a mortal might almost been classified as shame takes hold of my eyes. I hold her eyes and see something of a warning and disapproval in her gaze. Am I a child that I let my primal and wild side simply go free? Am I not a more ancient god and therefore bound to act as a one ancient as I aught. I whisper words of prayer to travel to the void to Leila who exited into the next room. "Your domain will not be a war zone. I am preparing for Sangus' ally. Upon my word if this one does not provoke a battle I will not join one. Upon my word this which is yours shall come to no harm." 

@Sorana @Dr. Dapper

Ashley felt a little out of place among the gods. For all her skill and power she was still just a mortal. She was dwarfed by their power, which she could feel like a physical weight on her shoulders. She took a deep breath, concentrating her entire self into a single point. It helped to clear her head, and the pressure on her shoulders lessened. There was a slight ripple in the air around her, almost like the armor of hardened air she often used in battle, but less solid. She’d managed to project her calm into the area around her. A simple spell, but she’d not managed to do it unconsciously yet in this reincarnation. One of the things that grated on her the most. When she was killed and reincarnated, much of the somewhat innate skill she’d gained was wiped away. Oh, she still knew how to cast spells, but it still required some effort. Her skill did return eventually, usually long after her memories did.

6 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ashley felt a little out of place among the gods. For all her skill and power she was still just a mortal. She was dwarfed by their power, which she could feel like a physical weight on her shoulders. She took a deep breath, concentrating her entire self into a single point. It helped to clear her head, and the pressure on her shoulders lessened. There was a slight ripple in the air around her, almost like the armor of hardened air she often used in battle, but less solid. She’d managed to project her calm into the area around her. A simple spell, but she’d not managed to do it unconsciously yet in this reincarnation. One of the things that grated on her the most. When she was killed and reincarnated, much of the somewhat innate skill she’d gained was wiped away. Oh, she still knew how to cast spells, but it still required some effort. Her skill did return eventually, usually long after her memories did.

"Sangus who is this friend of yours?" A peace creating charm attempts to subdue me. It shatters against me powerlessly. If this friend of has spells then things have far more complex. Let us see what has entered this game of ours.

@Dr. Dapper @Sorana @bees?

Edited by Nathrangking

yeah im out of bed i can write a post now also purple font is caebdar blue is tut'kor'anuumo

Caebdar and Tut'Kor'Anuumo closed their eyes in sync with each other. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They opened their eyes, their minds going to a flat, endless plain with reflective floor and ceiling. The sounds of smooth jazz, crackling electricity, and breaking rocks echoed in the distance.

"How goes it? What have they decided?"

"Nothing incredibly outrageous. Yet. However, I do believe that they may do something of the sort soon."

"That is ill news. Do everything you can to stop them from taking this course of action."

"The other group seems to be considering making some rash decisions."

@Darth Woodrack @Ark1002 @Kidpen @kenod @Coda

"Why do we not at least work alongside Barbados' pantheon? We have no need to join them, but there is nothing preventing us from seeking help and providing help in return."

@Nathrangking @Dr. Dapper @Sorana @Blessing of Potency @ZincAboutIt 

Edited by bees?

Sangus smiled, “It would be best if I let her introduce herself, I think.” Sangus nodded to Ashley, yielding the floor to her. 

She sighed, smiling slightly. “My name is Ashley Remorares. I’d call myself a mercenary, or perhaps a contractor. I do jobs for various people, both gods and mortals. I’ve lived quite some time, thanks to some advice from Sangus. I was willingly cursed by one god or another so I could never truly die, except by the hands of a god. When I am killed, my body is reincarnated somewhere else, usually very far away from where I died, and I have no memories of my past. Eventually, I get my memories back, though I’m not entirely sure how. I have some knowledge of magic, and quite a bit of other things I’ve accumulated over the years. Luna explained the threat you all face to me.” Ashley paused for a moment, “Quite frankly, it's terrifying. These people, they will not stop if they have killed every last god. No, I believe they will attempt to be gods in their own right. That is why they want to slay all of you.” 

Sangus looked at Tut'Kor'Anuumo, seriously considering what the god had said. “How can you be sure we share the same motivation? Barbados himself stated that he would not stop simply at destroying the Complex, that he wanted to bend mortals to his will. Men, as flawed as they are, deserve at least a little freedom.”

Hey all, sorry for the late join, but here's Ku

Name: Unknown, but those that know him call him Ku.

Domains: Primary: Stealth(No mortal is able to see, or perceive, him if he wishes. Most gods are not able to as well, unless they are extremely powerful or have a power that lets them see him.) Secondaries: Martial Arts(Knows every form of martial arts and is quite literally a god at them.) Distraction(Can distract others by things that aren't really there, such as making the target think they see a non-existent object. Is less likely to work on gods, and he must be visible in order to use this power.)

Alignment: Neutral(Helps whom/whatever benefits himself)

Goals: Currently to stop the Good Complex. He also has fun appearing in meetings that were otherwise thought secure, then disappearing quickly.

Appearance: Usually wearing black/silver, other appearance mostly unknown because he is not usually seen.

Manifestation of Power: A silver sheen, mostly apparent when using distraction on others appearing around the distraction. Most would think it a trick of the light.

Weakness: Pink gas. When in contact with him while he is not visible, it makes him visible. If in contact with distraction, it destroys the distraction. His martial arts skills are also greatly diminished when in contact.

Origin: Was the universe's first ninja and all forms of martial arts have started from him.

Ku had been the first to arrive at the meeting of the gods. Most didn't know he was there. He decided to distract one of the lesser gods. After the debate was finished he wanted to go and check out Ares' place of death and managed to hitch a ride on Caeli's passage. He had not intention of showing himself to the others yet.

When the group of gods decided to go to Sangus's cave it got a little trickier. Ku had to use a distraction on Luna just before she shifted away and managed to join the tunnel through time and space. 

Once the gods moved to Leila's fortress of poems, Ku just had to walk through her portal. After Ashely gave her short speech, Ku decided to make his appearance. He dropped his illusions and prepared himself for the suprise of the others.

Hmm, I doubt that distracting Luna would work, since one of her secondary domains is truth, which can apply to visual stuff as well. She's also very observant. 

Sangus watched Ku appear, nodding to himself. "I figured there was at least one other following us." he smiled, "Luna told me, after all." 

Luna nodded somewhat tersely. "Sorry for not mentioning him to you all. Didn't cross my mind." 

2 hours ago, bees? said:

Caebdar and Tut'Kor'Anuumo closed their eyes in sync with each other. 

They opened their eyes, their minds going to a flat, endless plain with reflective floor and ceiling. The sounds of smooth jazz, crackling electricity, and breaking rocks echoed in the distance.

"How goes it? What have they decided?"

"Nothing incredibly outrageous. Yet. However, I do believe that they may do something of the sort soon."

"That is ill news. Do everything you can to stop them from taking this course of action."

@Darth Woodrack

"Why do we not at least work alongside Barbados' pantheon? We have no need to join them, but there is nothing preventing us from seeking help and providing help in return."

@Nathrangking 

2 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Sangus smiled, “It would be best if I let her introduce herself, I think.” Sangus nodded to Ashley, yielding the floor to her. 

She sighed, smiling slightly. “My name is Ashley Remorares. I’d call myself a mercenary, or perhaps a contractor. I do jobs for various people, both gods and mortals. I’ve lived quite some time, thanks to some advice from Sangus. I was willingly cursed by one god or another so I could never truly die, except by the hands of a god. When I am killed, my body is reincarnated somewhere else, usually very far away from where I died, and I have no memories of my past. Eventually, I get my memories back, though I’m not entirely sure how. I have some knowledge of magic, and quite a bit of other things I’ve accumulated over the years. Luna explained the threat you all face to me.” Ashley paused for a moment, “Quite frankly, it's terrifying. These people, they will not stop if they have killed every last god. No, I believe they will attempt to be gods in their own right. That is why they want to slay all of you.” 

Sangus looked at Tut'Kor'Anuumo, seriously considering what the god had said. “How can you be sure we share the same motivation? Barbados himself stated that he would not stop simply at destroying the Complex, that he wanted to bend mortals to his will. Men, as flawed as they are, deserve at least a little freedom.”

12 minutes ago, EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD said:

Ku had been the first to arrive at the meeting of the gods. Most didn't know he was there. He decided to distract one of the lesser gods. After the debate was finished he wanted to go and check out Ares' place of death and managed to hitch a ride on Caeli's passage. He had not intention of showing himself to the others yet.

When the group of gods decided to go to Sangus's cave it got a little trickier. Ku had to use a distraction on Luna just before she shifted away and managed to join the tunnel through time and space. 

Once the gods moved to Leila's fortress of poems, Ku just had to walk through her portal. After Ashely gave her short speech, Ku decided to make his appearance. He dropped his illusions and prepared himself for the suprise of the others.

My chair and back is to Tut'Kor'Anuumo and my voice betrays nothing. My power coalesces around me in a way that creates an undeniable aura. What game is he playing? "Did I ever say that I would not accept his aid or aid him? We are not at war even if I find his intent  to rule other gods and humanity to his will both distasteful and disturbing. I gave him my blessing as I did for all of those who were present. He as is true of all deities can choose to be blessed or not. He must understand that even gods have rules. Though he is young and impetuous he will have to learn to underestimate no foe. The God complex is beyond his power and in time he will realize this. I will do them no favors by starting a civil war. Should he decide to turn my blessing against humanity or divinities for the sake of rule he will find that I am not so forgiving of treachery." Though none can see it I bare my fanged maw.

"Tell me Ms. Remorares, how does one fight an enemy whose goal it is to slaughter gods. More importantly how would you do such a thing?"

I mentally roll my eyes as a familiar presence whose existence has always been interesting to say the least reveals itself. I knew him to be following us, but I let him play his games. He too is a younger god and I tolerate his nonsense because he is usually harmless enough. My voice Remains as emotionless as ever. "Tell me Ku are you done playing games? You know that you cannot hide from me."

@Dr. Dapper @Sorana @bees? @EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD

Ashley lined up her thoughts. She wasn't supprised by the entrance of yet another god. This was a meeting, after all. "If I wanted to kill a godkiller, I would use mortals. Blessed by gods, we can be very powerful, but our lives are far less important. Now, I'm not saying we should throw away the lives of mortals, but if we die, well, we're replaceable. You're not. Simple as that. I would say we should raise an army, but that could take some time. How long do we have to plan our offensive before we strike?" 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ashley lined up her thoughts. She wasn't supprised by the entrance of yet another god. This was a meeting, after all. "If I wanted to kill a godkiller, I would use mortals. Blessed by gods, we can be very powerful, but our lives are far less important. Now, I'm not saying we should throw away the lives of mortals, but if we die, well, we're replaceable. You're not. Simple as that. I would say we should raise an army, but that could take some time. How long do we have to plan our offensive before we strike?" 

An obvious strategy and yet sufficient as a place to start. "If I told you time is not necessarily on our side. How long would you need to with aid prepare a force to kill effectively?"

@Sorana @bees? @EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD

Ashley started to pace back and forth, weighing things in her head. "With help, probably a few months. I could cut it down quite a bit, though I'd need veterans, and any new recruits would need a good amount of military training before we even start training them. Who exactly would I have helping me?" 

Leila found herself smiling when Ku finally decided to join them and she closed her portal with a slight touch of her mind. Let the others find their own way.

"Why don't the rest of you sit down as well?" She suggested and made a gesture towards the room Balhaan had never left. "Including you, Ku." She turned around and walked back to Balhaan, sat down next to her friend. Tut'Kor'Anuumo words have a strange taste to them, despite the logic embedded within. Spy on their enemies. It was logical, and yet, it also lead to a different train of though, that made skin crawl. It was logical and yet, none of them had even considered the possibility that they were being spied upon until this very moment. She ignored Ashley's military planning, instead considered this thought of hers. Spies. She trusted Balhaan and Sangus, Ku and Tut'Kor'Anuumo were a little more difficult, but in the end, she trusted all of them to a certain extent. She was sure that none would be willing to die and she knew that they all would act according to their own rules. And that meant - Leila opened her book and started a new chapter. It meant, that at one point one of them would betray them, simply because it was their nature, or because they saw a larger gain somewhere else.

She leaned back in her chair and once again was glad, that she had decided to meet here.

"What we shouldn't forget with all of our planning." She said quietly, in the silence after Ashley's words. "Is that we still don't know for sure where to attack."

@Nathrangking @Dr. Dapper @bees? @EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD

9 hours ago, bees? said:

Is this said to the people that are with Barbados? Also, I think that part of the RP might need to wait for a bit, given the lack of responses I think Darth is busy with other stuff right now.