Hi from a sort of musical fellow Cosmere nerd rattling around in a weirdly resonant apartment

SingingMosaic

I'm nonbinary, my body's 26 but honestly I'm so odd I don't have any idea what that means, or maybe that means I know enough to have no idea what that means? Who knows? Anyway, my obsessions are music, a lot of Brandon writing, the SCP Wiki (if you do not know that place, go there, it will blow your mind), and MUDs/similar games, MOOs, MUSHes, etc. I'm blind, so you can best get my engagement through text or audio, and admittedly I am stereotypically terrible at formatting.
I admit I haven't read much Brandon outside of the Cosmere and the end of WoT, once I had absorbed all of that I kind of had to stop reading anything of substantial size for a while. So bit by bit I'm chewing my way through different parts of the SCP Wiki's hubs (the Antimemetics Division is some doom) until I get good series energy again, and then I'm probably going to do it all in one massive run. Even though it's not all one series. I read Stormlight in audio, so now I'm going back and reading it slowly in Braille, there's something really nice about actually being able to see how someone wanted you to perceive the cadence and emphasis of a thing. As much as we can perceive cadence in text, anyway.
I'm a mishmash of emotions which is entirely too aware of itself. I have no idea when it is I really started as a concept, and happily have no idea when I'll end. No better or no worse than anything else around me, I just have ideas and the drive to explore others'.
Me and a few others are creating an abstract, concept Stormlight playlist, best listened to shuffled. When I initially thought of writing this, for over a month, all I could think of for my introduction were songs, most of the ones I put here are the ones I would have chosen. Which probably tells you everything you need to know about me, honestly lol.
Highlights, just titles because I can't links yet. I originally tried to do that, oops.
This is so Oathbringer to me, Stormlight and Mistborn, and, where we are, the whole universe. Who, at some point, doesn't know this? And doesn't it always lead to either the best or the most disastrous actions?
Thrice - The Dark
"Over town, the flags are up, every soul says they're fighting the good fight, paradox too plain to see, but only when the well runs dry..."
Blanco White - On the Other Side
All of the lyrics of this, so much. All of them. But, with an attempt at denoting the cadence lines in some basic way:
"Deceiver says, he says, you belong to me, you don't want to breathe the light of the others, fear the light, fear the breath, fear the others for eternity. But I hear them now, and hear the clarity, hear the venom, the venom in, what, you say, inoculated, bless this immunity."
Tool - Fear inoculum
And every bit of this. I couldn't pick a lyric if I tried.
Tool - Pneuma
This, to me, is the essential song of transformation.
"I choose to live and to lie, kill and give and to die, learn and love and to, do, what it takes to step through."
Tool - 46 and 2
Grandbrothers - Long Forgotten Future
Manu Delago - Mode 2
Manu Delago - Uplifted
This cadence is familiar... I have a feeling it's familiar to Stormlight too. Not because it's familiar to me. But because it's familiar to a concept. Humans do that, too. Not the same way. Not nearly so deeply. But they did, and some do, and it happens.
Alexandre Desplat - Courtyard Apocalypse (from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II soundtrack)
Global Drum Project, all of it. Dances with Wood and Tars are the tracks on the playlist though
10 years - Writing on the Walls
Iamthemorning - Touching II
James Newton Howard - Bow and Arrow
Ryuichi Sakamoto - Andata
Gary Girouard - The Thinker
Gary Girouard - Nebula
Whitebear - Lost in Vibrations, Pt. 2
Anoushka Shankar - Boat to Nowhere
Anoushka Shankar - Crossing the Rubicon
Amethystium - Mono No Aware (opening)
Bruno Sanfilippo - Pianette
Hildur Guðnadóttir - Elevation
Slipknot - XIX
"There's a story meant to be told, but the door is shut in the cold..."
Blanco White - Olalla
Coldplay - Politik
A Perfect Circle - Feathers
Osi and the Jupiter - Baldur
Thomas Bergersen - Run Free
The Daydream Club - Improv #1 - A Tale of Two Modes
Christopher Tin - Haf Gengr Hriðum - "The Storm-Driven Sea"
James Newton Howard - My Name is Robert Neville
Grandbrothers - Wuppertal
Grandbrothers - Naive Rider
Grandbrothers - Stutie V
Grandbrothers - Newton's Cradle
Phil France - Transition
Grandbrothers - white Nights
Honorable mentions that didn't make it in due to being too specific to other things or not quite lining up the way I wanted them to, or that made it here due to being bits of me that weren't on the playlist.
"She took my portrait as well as she could do with someone who seemed to be not there at all..."
Josh Ritter - Dreams
"He can feel his skin like a prison, like a dying cage he struggles to live inside, he tries to call out but nobody hears him. At the ragged edge of the silence, in the calm that always comes with the violence, sleep inside the heart and the hope of redemption."
The October Project - Sunday Morning Yellow
Exocat - Demons Within
Rise Against - People Live Here
Shaman's Harvest - Tusk and Bone
So there's a bunch of the things that make up all the varying bits of my existence, the playlist link is going to land wherever those should go once I can post them. I look forward to participating, I've been reading for a bit. I'm quiet until I start talking, and then dear god do I start talking, so if I'm ever too noisy by all means, tell me to shut up for a bit. :)

I always forget the number, but the one which, in the list, is labeled Here be Dragons or something like that..

Also, 3125. Many stories, in general, rely on your suspension of disbelief. 3125 and associated work is like no don't believe this. You don't want to believe this. Don't even think about it. I said don't think about it! which is my favorite kind of scary anything.

Pretty much most of the "this came from an alternate timeline" stuff where you get a bit of information about said timeline, just enough to chew on. I love it when people are like here's a universe. OK now have fun thinking about it.

My favorite hubs change all the time and I can never pick one, but aside from the sadly tiny Antimemetics Division, Ad Astra per Espera is also good.

I fell into the Gamers Against Weed rabbit hole recently, which I didn't expect to do until it happened and I was like huh, here I am.

Most things relating to the Library and Serpent's Hand that I've read so far.

My browser window is full of hubs I'm digging in to. I was away for a long time, and came back to it after I finished the Cosmere. SO I've lost the numbers/titles of a lot of things I remember to a degree and will have a lot of those yay this, I found this again moments.

I like the Doctor Who Weeping Angel like ones (though the SCPs preceded them, I believe), though I like all the cognitohazards in general, my fav though is The Thin Man (SCP 096) 

The Red Sea object is awesome (read the files!), as is the (possible) Crimson King jail, a loot of the food SCPs are really cool, I love the eyebots, SCP 999, and the healing teddy bear (999 is one of the only SCPs whose number I remember). The trapped AI SCP is good too, SCP 507 interviews are so cool, the 682 killing attempts, Wunderkind's weird stuff, the Factory, Are We Cool Yet? and Church of the Broken God. There's so much neat stuff in the SCPverse!

Also some of the researchers' backgrounds! The one who survived a cognitohazard, the poor apple dude, the one who usually possesses a cat, the one who died killing an SCP

Hmm, but the Red Sea Object and SCP 507 files are the best, imo

On music, do you listen to Sigur Ros?

Edited by Honorless

Heh sorry I have a stupid amount of information running through my brain at any given moment. It's not all it's cracked up to be, sadly. A bunch of it was song titles and little chunks of lyrics/explanation so basically people can check out once they get to the playlist bit, unless they're the soak up music type and want to keep going.

As for Sigur Ros, not nearly as much as I should. I listened to some of their stuff and back when I was using a BrailleNote, which at the time was a very basic notetaker with old text adventure games and a media player and an FM radio running on 128mb of ram and a terrible version of Windows I don't remember I digress, anyway back when I was on that, I had what, if I remember correctly, is their first album, their self-titled one, and listened to it all the time.

Rectify this immediately! There's so much more than just Hoppipolla, Dauoalogn, or Rains of Castamere to Sigur Ros, go forth and use the power of google to listen to everything!!!

How about Kodaline, Sufjan Stevens, Hozier etc (I love this kind of music)

I also love Alternative Rock (which is like both cooler and sadder than normal rock) and Christian Rock (don't worry, it's not church music or anything like that, I promise!) Breaking Benjamin, Red, Three Days Grace, Skillet

On 2/20/2020 at 1:29 PM, SingingMosaic said:

...have a lot of those yay this, I found this again moments.

I just had one of those myself thanks to your mention of October Project.  I used to listen to their Falling Farther In quite a lot, but lost track of it at some point... Fast forward and now last.fm tells me it's been nearly ten years since I last listened to them.  Well, that's now rectified.

Thanks and welcome!

I'm so glad, I love when that happens. Enjoy a good time of sitting with your windows open or whatever  helps you expand into your space while you reabsorb October Project.

I will do this. I also listen to chunks of these things, I don't have much Sufjan Stevens exposure but I will fix that too. I like Hosier, and I've never heard of Kodaline, thanks for the suggestion. I like Three Days Grace but their older stuff more, Breaking Benjamin is good, I like Skillet but I'm picky with their stuff. And thanks for mentioning Redd, I haven't listened to them very much in years, and I used to.