Iapetus the Titan

Nightblood

3 posts in this topic

okay, I just finished it, and I just have a few questions to clear everything up:

How long before Way of Kings is this? this is only a few hundred years after Nightblood is created, and then it needs to travel to Roshar...

Also, speaking of Way of Kings, does breath act like stormlight, in a way? In the Way of Kings, you need a great amount of stormlight to be able to hold Nightblood, and on Nalthis, you need a great amount of breaths to wield him. 

23 minutes ago, Iapetus the Titan said:

How long before Way of Kings is this? this is only a few hundred years after Nightblood is created, and then it needs to travel to Roshar...

It's a good while, but we don't know exactly. Brandon has been hesitant to give a solid figure due to timeline corrections that have had to happen in the past.

25 minutes ago, Iapetus the Titan said:

Also, speaking of Way of Kings, does breath act like stormlight, in a way? In the Way of Kings, you need a great amount of stormlight to be able to hold Nightblood, and on Nalthis, you need a great amount of breaths to wield him. 

Breath and Stormlight are manifestations of the same thing: Investiture. That's what Nightblood eats. So yes in context of Nightblood.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:06 PM, Iapetus the Titan said:

okay, I just finished it, and I just have a few questions to clear everything up:

My best guess is probably 150-200 years

@Invocation

Questioner

Do you age while in the Cognitive Realm? Because unless Nalthians have a super long lifespan, or she is Returned, roughly 222 years...

Questioner 2

322 years.

Questioner

322 years, seems a long time for Vivenna to have been alive.

Brandon Sanderson

You do age in the Cognitive Realm...Asterisk*.

Legion Release Party (Sept. 19, 2018)

So a 322 year difference by the time of Oathbringer

Or more specifically 295-300 years because Vivenna was 22 at the start of Warbreaker

Edited by Eternal Khol