It's probably really obvious and I just dont know where to look but I was thinking, would aluminium and duralumin ferrings be easier to soul stamp while storing attributes and harder to stamp while tapping their mettalminds? Do we have any WoBs or something about how identity and connection affect soul stamps?

45 minutes ago, Minintrovert said:

It's probably really obvious and I just dont know where to look but I was thinking, would aluminium and duralumin ferrings be easier to soul stamp while storing attributes and harder to stamp while tapping their mettalminds? Do we have any WoBs or something about how identity and connection affect soul stamps?

I am fairly sure that aluminum ferrings are vulnerable to everything while storing(by everything I mean emotional allomancy, soul stamping and even normal depression).  I also do think we have a WoB on this one but I can't find it. 

1 hour ago, Karger said:

I am fairly sure that aluminum ferrings are vulnerable to everything while storing(by everything I mean emotional allomancy, soul stamping and even normal depression).  I also do think we have a WoB on this one but I can't find it. 

I don't think depression, just cause that's specifically under determination (electrum I think).

I mean just because it seems like soul stamping directly interferes with connection and identity right. I was kinda thinking that one of these ferrings could conceivably drastically alter themselves with soul stamps. Possibly even changing race and gender. The only problem would be as soon as they changed they might not be able to fill a metal metalmind anymore and the stamp would pop off? 

6 hours ago, Minintrovert said:

I mean just because it seems like soul stamping directly interferes with connection and identity right. I was kinda thinking that one of these ferrings could conceivably drastically alter themselves with soul stamps. Possibly even changing race and gender. The only problem would be as soon as they changed they might not be able to fill a metal metalmind anymore and the stamp would pop off? 

It is more of an identity thing and it would be weird, but I can't think of specific ways that the weirdness would come out.

On 2/18/2020 at 4:57 PM, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

It is more of an identity thing and it would be weird, but I can't think of specific ways that the weirdness would come out.

I imagine that having essentially no identity would let you be soul stamped with the stamper needing no prior knowledge of your personality. Like that was a huge deal in The Emperors Soul, but imagine having no previous identity to clash with. Like could you be turned into anyone? Anything? Could you be a Kandra or a Surgebinder? I mean we know Soul Stamping is tied to location and that's a problem but still.

On 2/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, Karger said:

This one, I'm guessing.

sebarial

Would a Feruchemist actively storing Identity be more susceptible to Forgery? Would more outlandish changes be able to take effect? Thanks for your time, and have a wonderful day.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, if you store Identity, it makes you susceptible to ALL KINDS of things in the Cosmere. Forgery would be on the short list.

/r/books AMA 2015 (July 14, 2015)

• Chaos locked this topic