Long Game 63: The Set

DeTess

Sorry for my lack of activity! I had a sports tournament and was super busy. Also for some reason wasn’t getting notifications from the cycle. . . Anyways I’m back! There was a huge amount of vote manipulation this cycle. Which leads me to believe that some individuals have the ability to manipulate votes. As well as potentially a subset. The reason I say individual players is because of just how much vote manipulation there was. That being said it is very odd that we had this much on cycle two and nothing cycle one. 

1 hour ago, The_God_King said:

Raths last second vote is very suspicious. I understand missing the vote (because I totally did) but throwing a last second deciding vote is a very interesting move.

I wasn't trying to be a deciding vote...I was trying to make sure that the people who did vote (and had a better feel on the game so far) were represented without vote manipulation affecting the result.  Glad I was ~30 seconds too late to affect the vote.

3 hours ago, The_God_King said:

Raths last second vote is very suspicious. I understand missing the vote (because I totally did) but throwing a last second deciding vote is a very interesting move. Elkanah and Elandera’s votes were also suspicious and I would like their thoughts @Elkanah@Elandera. Elkanah is usually more chatty (and a bit crazy) and I am definitely worried that is a sign of an Elim.

I would like to also point out that voting with an Elim doesn’t immediately prove guilt.

Could you please explain why my vote was suspicious?

As I see it, there were two votes active at the time of my vote on Abstrusity (one of which was mine, and which was subsequently removed from Elkanah). The night turn lacked activity in both the thread and my doc, so all I had to go on were posts from D1. Of everyone's posts, I found Abstrusity's most odd, so I placed a vote hoping to get a response and further discussion from them and others. I saw no reason to vote on Venture over Abstrusity by the time people actually began to vote (which was mostly during a time where I could, at most, briefly check the thread and not post because I was DMing a D&D game).

That has clearly changed, as the possibility of elim!Abstrusity throwing Venture under the bus is pretty minimal, unless elim!Abstrusity had a very important role. Even then, they could have moved the votes to Coda easily enough instead of on each other.

14 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Could you please explain why my vote was suspicious?

A couple reasons

-the vote was alongside venture

-the vote was also against the person who started the voting on an elim

while not damning, the evidence isn’t something to entirely ignore. I am trying to provoke conversation and preparing for the next cycle and have an educated opinion

4 hours ago, The_God_King said:

Elkanah and Elandera’s votes were also suspicious and I would like their thoughts @Elkanah@Elandera. Elkanah is usually more chatty (and a bit crazy) and I am definitely worried that is a sign of an Elim.

I agree that there was likely one elim among the people who voted for Abstrusity. It was a pretty suspect vote train that took off nearish the end of the cycle. I don't think Elandera was among the elims, though, as her vote was the first one on Abstrusity and it didn't look like that was going anywhere for twelve hours before Venture seconded the vote. I also don't think a second eliminator would jump on the lynch until another elim was put up on the block. Since I put the extra vote on before there was even really a chance of Venture being lynched, I don't think that was super indicative either (which is disappointing as I was hoping my vote would be more indicative). 

Sorry, This sounds more sardonic than levitous. The above is meant to be read lightheartedly. 

The next sentence has a good point! Elkanah usually is a bit more chatty and much more crazy. :P I shall do my best to live up to that reputation :)

(still quite lighthearted)

(serious stuff:)

What I take away from the lynch is that Elandera is probably good and Abstrusity is definitely good. Venture was gunning for Abstrusity way too hard and could have easily put anyone else (especially me) up as an alternate to the lynch and could have gotten away with it. Also we probably have a person who can move votes on our team and Coda might be a smoker (someone who can remove a vote, but not place it on someone else).

Oh and Kidpen might also be good.

The commissioner had taken a moment after finishing reading the report on the death of the second of her agents to finish and sign the letters to the man's next to kin. Once that unfortunate task had been seen through, she launched straight back into reading the report. The next chapter was, however, very short:

'Nothing much happened that night'

player list

Spoiler
  1. Kynedath as Victoria Stadtt The Set's Sequence (and also a gold Ferring)
  2. Xinoehp512 as Yarra
  3. Butt ad Venture as Esualpla Dowenger, EBI agent and array in the communication's subset
  4. Elkanah as Ned, a pencil mustached cane wielder who is definitely neither a creep nor EBI!
  5. Coda as Catamire Dalageth
  6. Alvron as Pete Zahutt
  7. Rathmaskal
  8. Shanerockes, who doesn't know if they'll have a character yet, but we shall see
  9. The_god_king
  10. Elandera
  11. Kidpen
  12. Young Bard as Mister Bubblegum, someone with a fondness (though unfortunately not a talent) for secret names
  13. Abstrusity as Mundric Pentasum, errant purveyor of hats with a troubled past.
  14. Zillah
  15. EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD as Drahs Xperienc(the x is silent) Gold Ferring Suit in the legal subset

The third day has begun. it'll end the 3rd of march at 6PM EST

Edited by DeTess

Well, that's boring.

Of those playing, I believe that Xino, myself, Shanerocks, Kidpen and Bard were the only ones not to post anything.  Good chance of one of us being an elim.

12 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Hmm. Very interesting. Does anyone want to admit to not submitting an action?

I don’t know if I want to know who did or didn’t submit an action. If the elims know this information they could target the players who are protecting us. It’s not a bad idea but it gives the elims more pertinent information than the village would receive.

Just going to point out real quick that we now have full confirmation of the communications subset, and also Venture was the second (sort of) EBI agent to come from said subset. 

Anyways by until, based off of how this has been going, the last 2 hours of the day.

Well, why don't we get the voting under way then? Hopefully we'll have more active discussions over this turn than the last. I agree with Alvron's assessment that inactivity may have been a contributing factor to the lack of kill last night. I'll start there with my questioning. Xino, what say you about the lack of arrest? @xinoehp512

4 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Well, why don't we get the voting under way then? Hopefully we'll have more active discussions over this turn than the last. I agree with Alvron's assessment that inactivity may have been a contributing factor to the lack of kill last night. I'll start there with my questioning. Xino, what say you about the lack of arrest? @xinoehp512

Good idea. @Young Bard Young Bard, would you be willing to share any reads or place a vote?

You can add an extra name to that list, Alv - Elandera, who was roleblocked last night. In fact, I'd say they're probably more likely to be the Elim than one of the people who were merely inactive, since I think it's likely the Elims have the ability to choose who submits the kill to prevent the issue of inactive teammates, and would have chosen someone active if at all possible.

Also, I'm pretty sure the inactivity rule applied to the whole cycle, not just the turn - I posted in the day cycle, so if I'd submitted a night action I believe it would have still gone through, but I could be wrong about that (GM's?). So even if it were due to inactivity that the kill didn't go through, the people who didn't post the entire cycle would be... actually, I think that would leave no-one.

29 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Also, I'm pretty sure the inactivity rule applied to the whole cycle, not just the turn - I posted in the day cycle, so if I'd submitted a night action I believe it would have still gone through, but I could be wrong about that (GM's?). 

That is correct. I asked for one post per full cycle, not one each day and each night.

35 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

You can add an extra name to that list, Alv - Elandera, who was roleblocked last night. In fact, I'd say they're probably more likely to be the Elim than one of the people who were merely inactive, since I think it's likely the Elims have the ability to choose who submits the kill to prevent the issue of inactive teammates, and would have chosen someone active if at all possible.

Also, I'm pretty sure the inactivity rule applied to the whole cycle, not just the turn - I posted in the day cycle, so if I'd submitted a night action I believe it would have still gone through, but I could be wrong about that (GM's?). So even if it were due to inactivity that the kill didn't go through, the people who didn't post the entire cycle would be... actually, I think that would leave no-one.

I was roleblocked? I didn't take any actions last turn since I don't have any available to me. My role is a passive one and I'm not the Suit in my subset. 

You do bring up a good point, though. The cycle vs. turn does remove some of the plausibility of inactive elims. I'll look more at the thread tomorrow to see if I can find any suspicious interactions with Venture. Time for sleep now, though. 

So there are two possibilities. One, an elim submitting the kill was roleblocked. Two, there was no kill submitted. I think everyone was active at least once this cycle, but the elims may have postponed the decision till the end of the cycle and then been unable to get on in time. Slight amounts of suspicion towards those inactive during the night cycle. Does anyone want to come forward with who else was roleblocked last night? 

7 hours ago, Young Bard said:

So either Young Bard or someone in their subset roleblocked Elandera, if that is indeed the case. Interesting.

12 hours ago, Elandera said:

About the lack of arrest, or my inactivity? I had an FRC competition that took most of the weekend, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to be checking up on the thread and stuff. As for the lack of arrest... if it was a roleblock, you have to wonder why the responsible party/parties haven't spoken up yet. If it was a subset action, then there really would be no reason to keep it hidden, which makes me think that, if it was a roleblock, it was an individual role.

A lack of a kill because of inactivity seems unlikely to me personally, to be honest- especially because there is almost certainly more than one elim. The kill is usually one of the only advantages the elims have over the village- to fail to use it is almost never a good idea.

Oh, wait, missed Young Bard's post. Elandera, in that case, for now. That seems highly incriminating.

Edited by xinoehp512

I agree that Elandera appears at least moderately suspicious based on Young Bard's assertion.  I am somewhat curious if this was a subset ability or an individual ability that resulted in the role block, although I understand if that's information you aren't quite willing to share.

As promised, I went back to look at the prior cycle. @Abstrusity, I know everyone has basically cleared you, and I agree fully. I looked back at your post that I had found suspicious and realized I read it wrong. 

Honestly, we just need any lynch C1.

Somehow I saw the above quote and translated it as "we don't need a lynch C1." How? I have no idea. I wanted to apologize there, now that I see my mistake.

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

About the lack of arrest, or my inactivity? I had an FRC competition that took most of the weekend, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to be checking up on the thread and stuff. As for the lack of arrest... if it was a roleblock, you have to wonder why the responsible party/parties haven't spoken up yet. If it was a subset action, then there really would be no reason to keep it hidden, which makes me think that, if it was a roleblock, it was an individual role.

A lack of a kill because of inactivity seems unlikely to me personally, to be honest- especially because there is almost certainly more than one elim. The kill is usually one of the only advantages the elims have over the village- to fail to use it is almost never a good idea.

Oh, wait, missed Young Bard's post. Elandera, in that case, for now. That seems highly incriminating.

That's reasonable. Xino. Hope you had a good competition! While I don't agree with the vote on me, I get it. A roleblock on a cycle with no kill is suspicious enough, and I'd likely vote on myself in this same situation. But I don't have any actions to take.

As for who I find suspicious, I'll have to go for the "third time's the charm" vote and place it on Elkanah. I know there may be other factors regarding your change in playstyle, but it would make sense that some of it may be a slight switch due to being an elim. I also found this statement to be a little odd: 

Spoiler

I further believe that the eliminator team started with just one member. They had to have at least one to kill Kynedath last night. That being the case, we might have three set sequences in total which would bring the evil team up to four players. The dangerous thing there is the fourth is guaranteed to live past C3 which is a lot of elims for the late game. So maybe 2 set sequences and two ebi agents?

The reason I find this odd is that it downplays the initial elim threat. One starting elim would be way overmatched, especially with the likely difficulty of finding the Sequence(s). The game would be over with a lucky D1 lynch. More likely, the elims had about 3 players, 4 after the conversion, with the possibility of converting more through other yet-to-be-revealed mechanics.

There's also the issue of his vote last cycle. It was before Venture was under a real threat, so that wasn't likely a factor in his choice. But the sudden train on Abstrusity because of my easily disputed faulty reasoning is disconcerting. 

22 hours ago, Alvron said:

Of those playing, I believe that Xino, myself, Shanerocks, Kidpen and Bard were the only ones not to post anything. 

Yes I didn't post anything the really during the N2 because I got caught up with work(working 2 jobs can really put a tax on your sleep schedule). Now I have to try and catch up on these posts and tried to find someone to put a vote on. I can see there is a vote train for Elandera and a lot of evidence to prove them so but I'm gonna look at last cycle to really come to a full vote onto them. 

13 hours ago, Young Bard said:

I didn't say they were inactive, just that they didn't post, although I will admit I wasn't clear as I could've been.  What I meant was that the five players I listed didn't post during that Night cycle and thus are a possible source for the lack of kill.  I myself talked in my Doc but didn't post so I was active just not publicly, I cannot however prove that as it would reveal another in the same subset.

I'm not a big fan of the sudden votes piling on Elandera as it tends to stifle discussion even when it's a good lead. It does however bring up a couple of questions.  @Young Bard, how do you know Elandera was roleblocked?  Is there anyway it can be verified by another?  For the record, I'm fine not having it confirmed I just want to cover all bases.  Also, do you know what happened to your vote on Coda?

I admit that at the start of the cycle I wanted to vote on you Bard so that is likely colouring me against your claim at moment.

I am part of the Kidnapping Subset, and we collectively targeted Elandera, roleblocking them - if another member of my subset wants to come forward to confirm, that's their choice.

Though honestly, I think the 'Kidnapping Subset' has such major branding issues. I vote we rename them the "Sparkles and Sunshine Happy Time Subset'. We don't want to sound evil now, do we. :P

As for my vote on Coda, I have no idea. I assume it was manipulated onto Venture.